Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:03 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengeice View Post
That side was covered by John B. Fury, who neglected to mention the many sins and bigotry of the Israelis. I was just balancing out the facts.

First of all, when did that land become the Palestinian's?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I understand that if you start walking around Mt. Moriah you might notice some holes in the bedrock about 300 feet north of the Dome of the Rock. Those holes were used in the construction of Solomon's Temple a long, long time before Muslims started claiming all the lands of the people they slaughtered and an even longer time before European nations started dividing up that part of the world.

Having said that, perhaps the Palestinians would be more welcome in Israel if they would simply stop killing people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 06:16 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Libertarians do not support foreign aid.

"Foreign aid is little more than welfare for nations -- with the same disastrous effects as domestic welfare programs."

Foreign Policy | Libertarian Party
Maybe some don't, but the standard doesn't apply to all. (which is why there are liberals that are anti-abortion, and conservatives that are pro-choice) You didn't even ask why or how I became Libertarian; so for you to automatically deny my claim with your retort is presumptuous, IMO.

I support things I choose to, I don't blindly follow party lines. In this case I fully back Israel, as well as a few other causes that are dear to me.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Okay, then on the flip side to the criticism of Israel, how come nobody has anything about how other countries treat Palestinians. Like Kuwait ethnically cleansing its country of Palestinians when Arafat supported Iraq's invasion or the wonderful living conditions of Palestinians in present day Jordan or how in less than a year, Jordan killed more Palestinians than Israel has in the past 40 years.
Shhh!

Some people don't want to hear facts when the facts go against their position of "anti-zionism/anti-Jew"/"pro-Palestinian".

Old 06-09-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
First of all, when did that land become the Palestinian's?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I understand that if you start walking around Mt. Moriah you might notice some holes in the bedrock about 300 feet north of the Dome of the Rock. Those holes were used in the construction of Solomon's Temple a long, long time before Muslims started claiming all the lands of the people they slaughtered and an even longer time before European nations started dividing up that part of the world.

Well said!

Also of further Historical measure, it is of great interest to check out the Arch of Titus in Rome, Italy; that depicts the sacking of the Second Jewish Temple (currently the site of the Dome of The Rock), in the taking of Jerusalem (70AD) in the Jewish War that started in 66AD.

Arch of Titus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where were the Palestinians back then? We know the Jewish peoples were there.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,315 times
Quote:
Those states did not own the land that Israel occupies. Palestinians did and Israel never gave it back.
A myth easily disproved by history.

Prior to 1967, Arab states held Gaza and the West Bank for 19 years. Why didn't the Arabs create a Palestinian state when they had those areas? There was never any call for a Palestinian state. There was never any mention of a "Palestinian people" (the term did not exist).

Before the state of Israel, the term "Palestine" and "Palestinians" referred to Jews and the Jewish community. Jews created the Palestine Post, the Palestine Symphony Orchestra, the Palestine Electric Company. They even represented Palestine in the 1936 Olympics. "Palestine" and "Jews" became interchangeable. After Israel took control of those areas in a war of survival in 1967, there suddenly appeared a "Palestinian people".

This canard of historical "ownership" and an Arab national history in Palestine was created by Arafat's PLO in the late 20th century and has been promulgated ever since then. The concept of a "Palestinian people" or nation exists in a political context, not an historical one.

Again, why wasn't there a demand for a state for the "Palestinian people" when the Arabs had those areas? Because there was no "Palestinian people" at that time.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Okay, then on the flip side to the criticism of Israel, how come nobody has anything about how other countries treat Palestinians. Like Kuwait ethnically cleansing its country of Palestinians when Arafat supported Iraq's invasion or the wonderful living conditions of Palestinians in present day Jordan or how in less than a year, Jordan killed more Palestinians than Israel has in the past 40 years.
I don't support giving aid to Jordan either. I don't support giving aid to any of the countries.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:24 AM

[quote=momonkey;9203821]First of all, when did that land become the Palestinian's?

The same time Israel came into existence with the UN resolution act 181 of 1947.

UN General Assembly Resolution 181: Palestine Partition Plan of 1947

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
A myth easily disproved by history.

Prior to 1967, Arab states held Gaza and the West Bank for 19 years. Why didn't the Arabs create a Palestinian state when they had those areas? There was never any call for a Palestinian state. There was never any mention of a "Palestinian people" (the term did not exist).

Before the state of Israel, the term "Palestine" and "Palestinians" referred to Jews and the Jewish community. Jews created the Palestine Post, the Palestine Symphony Orchestra, the Palestine Electric Company. They even represented Palestine in the 1936 Olympics. "Palestine" and "Jews" became interchangeable. After Israel took control of those areas in a war of survival in 1967, there suddenly appeared a "Palestinian people".

This canard of historical "ownership" and an Arab national history in Palestine was created by Arafat's PLO in the late 20th century and has been promulgated ever since then. The concept of a "Palestinian people" or nation exists in a political context, not an historical one.

Again, why wasn't there a demand for a state for the "Palestinian people" when the Arabs had those areas? Because there was no "Palestinian people" at that time.
Palestinians are arabs. They are just arabs associated with a certain geographical region... Palestine.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,315 times
Quote:
Palestinians are arabs. They are just arabs associated with a certain geographical region... Palestine.
Obviously they're Arabs. What does that have to do with my question?

Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Obviously they're Arabs. What does that have to do with my question?
Was there a question in there somewhere. I thought it was rhetorical since I am sure you already know the answer to any question you may pose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies