Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 02:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times

Advertisements

Right. Cuz you say so. I think I'll believe the CBO and obama's very own economic team.

Of course, you can continue to call him and his team liars in order to mount your lame defense of his humongous deficit spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 02:41 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,899,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
So, to sum things up between you two, Obama's deficit is only slightly worse than Bush's. How would anyone have thought it would be different? Or how would anyone have expected it to be zero? It's very hard to turn this racing train of an economy around, it needs a lot of track.

Even the unemployment figures from the Bush years were calculated differently. Every administration seems to tweak the numbers to their advantage. Why are we wasting out time, as in sanrene's case, placing blame on only one head of this two-headed monster? The situation sucks. People are out of work. We are broke as a nation and were broke before Bush left office. Anyone got any ideas or do you just want to stroke your ego and say "I told you so" and "I hate Obama"?
I wouldn't say Obama's budget is worse.
I support the increased transparency and the stimulus.
It's better in fact, if you want a subjective account.

But yeah, you've got a fairly decent summary.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:45 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,899,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right. Cuz you say so. I think I'll believe the CBO and obama's very own economic team.
What does Obama's economic team have to do with Bush's false deficit figure.

If you really want to prove me wrong, you can actually LOOK AT BUSH'S BUDGET.
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy...get/tables.pdf

Find me the cost of the wars.

Or are you trying to make the claim that the war's cost is new?
Your graphic makes that claim by accepting the fake deficit number.

Here, this will help:
Quote:
Why is a supplemental request the budget vehicle of choice? Because as an emergency measure, it doesn't count against the budget ceiling that Congress adopts to guide spending, and therefore isn't figured into government estimates of our annual budget deficit. So, for the last four years, these emergency spending bills have helped President Bush obscure the true cost of the war.
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...r_of_disguise/

Last edited by compJockey; 06-06-2009 at 03:28 PM..

Old 06-06-2009, 05:20 PM

749 posts, read 945,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Employment Situation Summary

Check out this chart; Take note - this chart was used by obama's economic team to market the stimulus. The "dots" are the actual numbers, which clearly show how wrong they are/were.

The obama-media is in full spin mode.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Unemployment up to 9.4%
How do you prove "saved jobs"? Can't be done. Just another bogus leftist lie by the left. The unemployment numbers do not show the people that are dropped off the list since they can not get benefits now. The real number is probably closer to 18%.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
What does Obama's economic team have to do with Bush's false deficit figure.

If you really want to prove me wrong, you can actually LOOK AT BUSH'S BUDGET.
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy...get/tables.pdf

Find me the cost of the wars.

Or are you trying to make the claim that the war's cost is new?
Your graphic makes that claim by accepting the fake deficit number.

Here, this will help:

On war costs, Bush is master of disguise - The Boston Globe
We already know that the budgets did not include the "wars", no need to keep repeating it over and over again. But tell me how adding a couple of hundred billion onto the budget you get TRILLIONS in new deficits. Answer, because of OTHER spending IN ADDITION to the war..

Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,599,696 times
He out sourced them to his peaceful Muslim friends in Egypt

Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM

555 posts, read 2,208,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Good post. Economics is a Science where there are policy measures that promote growth and policy measures that impede growth. (D) party policies impede growth: higher taxes, more unions, bigger Government, more regulation, restricted trade, etc.

Obama is promoting the classic anti-growth policies and I predict that his anti growth policies will lead to a weaker Economy (as they already have thus far).
A weaker economy is one thing, however, I believe we are heading for a depression. The entire world resisted the huge budget that he passed and where is all this money coming from? This is one question the libs can't wrap their minds around. It bothers me as I see our future prosperity slipping away. Even Obama himself said our country was broke. Well no wonder dude, you overspent like some mindless boob with a stolen credit card.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:38 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,323,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
A weaker economy is one thing, however, I believe we are heading for a depression. The entire world resisted the huge budget that he passed and where is all this money coming from? This is one question the libs can't wrap their minds around. It bothers me as I see our future prosperity slipping away. Even Obama himself said our country was broke. Well no wonder dude, you overspent like some mindless boob with a stolen credit card.
Great post. While funny (yet sad), it was frustrating to see Obama lamenting deficits and debt in light of the fact that HE just QUADRUPLED the 2009 deficit and is increasing the national debt to unseen levels. The 2009 debt was estimated to be around $ 570 Billion in Inauguration day (1-20-09) and the estimate now is near $ 2 Trillion.

It's scary to see people (including the media) cheerlead for this stuff while it is going to hurt ALL of us. It's frustrating to listen to people defend an Administration that is hurting their own lives.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 PM

2,715 posts, read 6,092,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
Well no wonder dude, you overspent like some mindless boob with a stolen credit card.
Unfortunately we're a nation of mindless boobs, spending like there's no tomorrow. Our 'buy now, pay later' mentality is one of the reasons we're in the mess we're in.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Quote:
Unfortunately we're a nation of mindless boobs, spending like there's no tomorrow.
Um, no. People have STOPPED spending, that is the problem. And they are not likely to rev the spending back up when they are unsure of how many new taxes obama is going hit them with - health care, cap and trade. There is just no way to pay for all his ideas - taxing the "rich" will get him nowhere close to closing the gap. That means his "promise" of taxes will go down the shi**er as well as the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies