Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times

Advertisements

Homosexual Activists Intimidate American Psychiatric Association into Removing Homosexuality from List of Disorders.

Many people are now pushing the idea that honosexuality is natural and "normal".

They cite legitimate medical and pschyological organizations to prop up their viewpoint.
What they fail to mention is the intimidation directed at said organizations to amend the definition of numerous sexual conditions including homosexuality.

I'm sure there will be attacks on the website this article is from, but don't be distracted by that attempt to deflect and spin.

Read the article:
Homosexual Activists Intimidate American Psychiatric Association into Removing Homosexuality from List of Disorders « Conservative Colloquium

What's your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
My opinion is that this was removed from the DSM in the 70's, and you're 30 years too late.

They thought lobotomies were fine and dandy back then too.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Yawn...

Another inflammatory troll thread.

I don't feel that homosexuality is wrong, abnormal, or unnatural any more than left-handedness is and it's certainly not a mental illness or disorder. It was removed from the DSM; that's good enough for me. I don't really think there is such a thing as groups of "homosexual activists" as you claim.

And, oh yeah, I'm straight. Many other straight people share my opinion; it's not just gays that think it's acceptable.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
My opinion is that this was removed from the DSM in the 70's, and you're 30 years too late.

They thought lobotomies were fine and dandy back then too.
I just love how they quote a two year old blog entry as if it is the 'gospel truth'! Sheesh!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:49 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Oh please. That whole article is about "deflect and spin". That conspiracy nonsense has been floating around on extremist, religious-based anti-gay "pray away the gay" websites for years. No mention at all of all the empirical data from studies prior to the 70's that showed homosexuality had no pathology. No mention of the fact that it was a small bunch of disgruntled psychiatrists who were opposed to homosexuality because of their religious beliefs who forced a vote and failed miserably.

My opinion is that you have a mental problem caused by reading too many religious-based anti-homosexual propaganda websites desperately trying to scrape up anything to justify your dislike of homosexuals. Luckily it can be "cured" by a quick "dose" of reality (and perhaps a pair of glasses before you go completely blind):

Homosexuality and Mental Health

Last edited by Ceist; 06-05-2009 at 09:37 AM..

Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
So you're suggesting that there's been a 30-year campaign of harrassment against the members of the APA until they gave in and changed the definition to suit the homosexual lobby?

What - did they stake out the APA offices with placards and hateful photos - intimidating people from entering? Did they vandalize the APA offices, and glue their doors shut? Did they have the help of the "liberal media" in demonizing individual APA members? Did they publish the APA member's addresses online, and suggest that people harrass them at their businesses, homes, and churches?

Did they kill some of them?

This thread is a sick joke. The APA should create a new category for crap like this.

Last edited by idahogie; 06-05-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 06-05-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
So you're suggesting that there's been a 30-year campaign of harrassment against the members of the APA until they gave it and changed the definition to suit the homosexual lobby?

What - did they stake out the APA offices with placards and hateful photos - intimidating people from entering? Did they vandalize the APA offices, and glue their doors shut? Did they have the help of the "liberal media" in demonizing individual APA members? Did they publish the APA member's addresses online, and suggest that people harrass them at their businesses, homes, and churches?

Did they kill some of them?

This thread is a sick joke. The APA should create a new category for crap like this.
DSM IV ""Religious or Spiritual Problem"

Old 06-05-2009, 10:48 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Strange, many personal attacks but no one disproving the contents of the article!!

Tell you what, can someone point me to an article that states the allegation in this article are lies!

Jaymax, no need to be so theatrical. You don't need to attack. But just to correct your incorrect assumption, I don't need glasses and where have you ever saw a post where I said I did not like homosexuals, how shrill of you!

Old 06-05-2009, 10:54 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Unlike self-mutilation or suicidality or psychotic behavior etc., homosexuality isn't intrinsically harmful. Having sex with a same-sexed adult person does hurt you or the other person. That's why it was removed.

Gender identity disorder is still classified as a "disorder" but that's in the works for being removed as well.

And the idea of homosexual activists intimidating anyone into doing anything is laughable. If that were true, gay marriage would already be legalized!

Old 06-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Strange, many personal attacks but no one disproving the contents of the article!!

Tell you what, can someone point me to an article that states the allegation in this article are lies!

Jaymax, no need to be so theatrical. You don't need to attack. But just to correct your incorrect assumption, I don't need glasses and where have you ever saw a post where I said I did not like homosexuals, how shrill of you!
That's a poorly written blog piece written by an anti-gay author, loaded with grammatical errors and bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies