U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2009, 02:15 AM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,929,896 times
Reputation: 2337

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Actually I am about to win this thread,the mastermind of the first WTC attack was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed,but the Clinton administration did not capture him,no he went on and planned the U.S.S cole attack,he went on and planned the second WTC attack,then he personally beheaded Daniel Pearl,only then was he finally arrested by the Bush administration
Where is he now, and is he receiving retirement benefits from NSA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2009, 02:16 AM
 
1,375 posts, read 1,065,100 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
It is hardly mind reading,he had already attacked the WTC once,he was president and your telling me he did not know it was coming.If you were to read before you talk you would see I said I had mixed feelings about the war.Although I am very glad Saddam and his sons are dead
Why is no one thankful for what Bush did? He was not all that bad.
I truly miss him as our president!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 02:19 AM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,929,896 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Why is no one thankful for what Bush did? He was not all that bad.
I truly miss him as our president!
What did he do that you think Americans should be thankful for, exactly?

What do you miss most about him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 03:21 AM
 
Location: San Diego
2,311 posts, read 2,510,757 times
Reputation: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Actually I am about to win this thread
lol.
The winners of this thread are those that can sit back and laugh at the death cries of the neoCONs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 04:07 AM
 
3,704 posts, read 4,256,365 times
Reputation: 2234
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
This is an interesting observation that the neoCONS have finally reconciled with. Glad to see Cheney step up to the plate and admit to his own ignorance. Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11 - CNN.com
Saddam had no real like to Osama or Al-Qaeda. However, he did have a number of ties to a number of terrorist groups active in the Middle East. Let us not forget that Muhammad Zaidan (AKA Abbu Abbas) who was the planner behind the Achille Lauro hijacking where Leon Klinghoffer, a wheelchair bound senior citizen, was shot than thrown overboard. Zaidan was captured by American soldiers while attempting to flee to Syria. The bastard died in custody.

Also, before the war, Saddam allowed a number of Jihadis to come to Iraq in hopes of causing a situation just like the one that is going on now. The most famous of these are Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 04:18 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,800,827 times
Reputation: 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
This is an interesting observation that the neoCONS have finally reconciled with. Glad to see Cheney step up to the plate and admit to his own ignorance. Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11 - CNN.com
Head line seems a little misleading when you read the article. The article is clear that there was a link bewteen Iraq and Al Queda.

Quoting from your link>
do not believe and have never seen any evidence to confirm that [Hussein] was involved in 9/11. We had that reporting for a while, [but] eventually it turned out not to be true," Cheney conceded.
But Hussein was "somebody who provided sanctuary and safe harbor and resources to terrorists. ... [It] is, without question, a fact."

On Monday, though, Cheney identified former CIA Director George Tenet as the "prime source of information" on the relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda.
Don't Miss
Tenet "testified, if you go back and check the record, in the fall of [2002] before the Senate Intelligence Committee -- in open session -- that there was a relationship," Cheney said.
Hussein was captured by U.S. forces in Iraq in December 2003. In November 2006, the former Iraqi leader was convicted of crimes against humanity and sentenced to death. He was executed the following December.
Cheney said on June 17, 2004 that the evidence was "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Hussein's regime in Iraq, and said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible."


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,059 posts, read 3,873,229 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
They had the same intelligence Bush had,they followed him like a dog on leash because they thought it would benefit them.When things went south and they knew they could be on hot water with the voters they did a complete 360.A bunch of flip floppers.Every move they made was political nothing more nothing less
The "intelligence" that they -- and Bush -- had was "intelligence" cherry picked to support Bush's desire to go to war. The CIA is in the Executive Branch and answers to the President. Tenent supplied Bush with the "intelligence" Bush wanted which was then fed to the Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,498,512 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
This is an interesting observation that the neoCONS have finally reconciled with. Glad to see Cheney step up to the plate and admit to his own ignorance. Cheney: No link between Saddam Hussein, 9/11 - CNN.com
UH, the WORLD knew he was lying so it's hardly a big expose now that he admits it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 06:03 AM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,059 posts, read 3,873,229 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
No doubt it is tragic that we are fighting Al Queda in Afghanistan and they are using our weapons to kill us.My point is that Saddam did in fact fund terrorist.He himself is a terrorist by his funding of Hamas.Like I said he did need to go
It wasn't our responsibility to get rid of him. It was the responsibility of the Iraqi people if that's what they wanted. To claim this debacle of a war is justified because of Saddams so-called support of terrorism is grasping at straws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2009, 06:11 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,498,512 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Head line seems a little misleading when you read the article. The article is clear that there was a link bewteen Iraq and Al Queda.

Quoting from your link>
do not believe and have never seen any evidence to confirm that [Hussein] was involved in 9/11. We had that reporting for a while, [but] eventually it turned out not to be true," Cheney conceded.
But Hussein was "somebody who provided sanctuary and safe harbor and resources to terrorists. ... [It] is, without question, a fact."

On Monday, though, Cheney identified former CIA Director George Tenet as the "prime source of information" on the relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda.
Don't Miss
Tenet "testified, if you go back and check the record, in the fall of [2002] before the Senate Intelligence Committee -- in open session -- that there was a relationship," Cheney said.
Hussein was captured by U.S. forces in Iraq in December 2003. In November 2006, the former Iraqi leader was convicted of crimes against humanity and sentenced to death. He was executed the following December.
Cheney said on June 17, 2004 that the evidence was "overwhelming" that al Qaeda had a relationship with Hussein's regime in Iraq, and said media reports suggesting that the 9/11 commission has reached a contradictory conclusion were "irresponsible."

The SAUDIS, especially the royal family (close personal friends of the Bush family) had DIRECT connection to bin Laden and the hijackers were SAUDIS.....




Why didn't we go to war with Saudi Arabia????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top