Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 07:50 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,607,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
It wasn't our responsibility to get rid of him. It was the responsibility of the Iraqi people if that's what they wanted. To claim this debacle of a war is justified because of Saddams so-called support of terrorism is grasping at straws.

So by your logic, We should have never went to war with Nazi Germany? Since, It wasnt our responisbility to get rid of Hitler, was the responsibility of the German people if that's what they wanted. And if they were afraid of the SS...too bad? Give me a break
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 07:54 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,421,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So by your logic, We should have never went to war with Nazi Germany? Since, It wasnt our responisbility to get rid of Hitler, was the responsibility of the German people if that's what they wanted. And if they were afraid of the SS...too bad? Give me a break
Umm...German was at war and invading other countries, countries who were our allies. That's why we went to war with Hitler. Saddam did that once, we went to war with him over it. He did not invade anyone after that.

BTW, you might not want to bring up logic to much. It doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:55 AM

37,954 posts, read 22,099,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, Cheney was never stupid enough to "claim" that Saddam was responsible but the Cheney/Bush administration implied in every way possible that he was......that was their excuse for invading Iraq....the planning of which started LOOOOONNNNGGG before 9/11....they just needed the flimsiest of excuses and ran with it.
Just because Bush made the obvious link between terrorist groups and Saddam, does not mean he was insinuating that he helps terrorist group plan any attacks. The only people who ever thought Saddam has any part in planning 9/11 were the tinfoil hat crowd.

Quote:
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th," Bush said. "What the vice president said was is that he (Saddam) has been involved with al-Qaida."And al-Zarqawi, an al-Qaida operative, was in Baghdad. He's the guy that ordered the killing of a U.S. diplomat. ... There's no question that Saddam Hussein had al-Qaida ties."

Its common knowledge that Saddam rewarded the families of suicide bombers.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:55 AM

2,717 posts, read 6,098,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
We (the US) got involved in WWII to aid our allies, France and great Britain. At the time of the Iraq war, Iraq wasn't invading any of our allies.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,038,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Oh please. Quit twisiting things around to suit your right wing agenda.

I said "They didn't find any." You quoted it, didn't you understand what that means? It means they didn't find any. I don't know how much more simple I can make it. It does not mean those weapons never existed.

What is it with you people? Can't you understand even the most simple sentences? Or do you think everyone is as ill informed as you are?
I know what YOU said, you were wrong..
- HUMAN EVENTS
Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2006/06/22/report-hundreds-wmds-iraq/ - broken link)

Now did you read what I said? There was a reason I put "AFTER" in capitals, to maybe educate you that yes, they found WMDs that Saddam claimed didnt exist. This is take two!!

Old 06-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
We (the US) got involved in WWII to aid our allies, France and great Britain. At the time of the Iraq war, Iraq wasn't invading any of our allies.
So the citizens that were being killed in Iraq by Saddam hold no value?

p.s. NOW Iraq is one of our allies, so in a way, we created two allies in the middle east, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,128,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The fact that you asked this question is sad.. Really, really sad..

Saudi Arabia is not known to have terrorists camps
Oh, so we went to war in Iraq...because the Saudi terrorists who were responsible for 9/11 didn't have "camps" in Saudi Arabia...
I owe ya a headsmack

because I never heard THAT particular excuse for war in Iraq (among the varied and many excuses).

Old 06-06-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
because I never heard THAT particular excuse for war in Iraq (among the varied and many excuses).
Thats because you have your head in the sand and dont listen to what people say that you disagree with. We went into Iraq to remove terrorists and destroy their camps. Do you know the difference between some rogue "Arabians" who went to other countries to train and the actions of a nation who harbors terrorists?

Saudi Arabia isnt known to harbor terrorists, you can pretend that they do and then justify another invasion but they dont.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:11 AM

2,717 posts, read 6,098,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So the citizens that were being killed in Iraq by Saddam hold no value?

p.s. NOW Iraq is one of our allies, so in a way, we created two allies in the middle east, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
All human life has value. Regardless of nationality, race or religion. However it is not the job of the US to police the world. There are Sudanese being killed off by the thousands, but we aren't policing the Sudan. I wonder why.

I've said before, you need to pick your battles. It wasn't the time for Iraq.

ps While we're occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, I don't think they qualify as allies.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
All human life has value. Regardless of nationality, race or religion. However it is not the job of the US to police the world. There are Sudanese being killed off by the thousands, but we aren't policing the Sudan. I wonder why.

I've said before, you need to pick your battles. It wasn't the time for Iraq.

ps While we're occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, I don't think they qualify as allies.
We dont "police" the Sudan because they havent violated dozens of UN resolutions, hold WMDs, and arent known for their harboring of terrorist camps..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies