U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 12:16 AM

85 posts, read 123,381 times

Advertisements

Due to the terrible daycaree fire tragedy in Mexico today, Shriners Children's Hospital in Sacramento, California and another facility in Ohio plan to fly in and treat as many as 50 children for their devastating injuries gratis.

Interesting the newscaster stated that the children will be allowed to travel to the United States without visas and accompanied by one parent.

I know there are thousands of similar stories, but this one struck a loud chord: As bad a shape as this country is in, it still shows the compassion and generosity of its citizens.

When is the last time anyone came to OUR rescue, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 07:15 AM

807 posts, read 1,141,108 times
Agreed.. The U.S. does more for the citizens of Mexico than their own government does..

Yet, the Pro-Illegal Alien Amnesty Crowd likes to talk about how horrible and racist the people of the U.S. are for holding a viewpoint that one should become a citizen the legal way, as millions of immigrants do each year..

Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 AM

7,020 posts, read 10,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
Due to the terrible daycaree fire tragedy in Mexico today, Shriners Children's Hospital in Sacramento, California and another facility in Ohio plan to fly in and treat as many as 50 children for their devastating injuries gratis.

Interesting the newscaster stated that the children will be allowed to travel to the United States without visas and accompanied by one parent.

I know there are thousands of similar stories, but this one struck a loud chord: As bad a shape as this country is in, it still shows the compassion and generosity of its citizens.

Other than in war, (and only if it benefited their interests) in my lifetime I can only recall one or two other countries that have aided the US.

Our leaders past and present continue to put we the people in the position of burden bearers. At the end of the day we have benefited nothing and have become the worlds' defacto savior in our race to the bottom.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:19 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,394,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post

I catch your drift; that stated, I have no problem helping out that group of Mexican kids here in the USA-------------they and their parents are living in Mexico not the USA illegally

Old 06-06-2009, 07:32 AM

15,179 posts, read 16,211,743 times
Yes, we are a generous nation. Sadly, our generosity is often abused; particularly, by the millions of ingrate illegals who enjoy waving the Mexican flag while taking full advantage of all we have to offer.

This incident is so sad, but I donít quite understand why hospitals in Mexico couldnít have provided care for the injured children. I havenít heard all of the details. Do they require specialized treatment that is unavailable in Mexico?

Old 06-06-2009, 08:17 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,463,567 times
Yes, Americans are great and unselfish people.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:25 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,394,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, we are a generous nation. Sadly, our generosity is often abused; particularly, by the millions of ingrate illegals who enjoy waving the Mexican flag while taking full advantage of all we have to offer.

This incident is so sad, but I don’t quite understand why hospitals in Mexico couldn’t have provided care for the injured children. I haven’t heard all of the details. Do they require specialized treatment that is unavailable in Mexico?
I read an article about that as well.

With all due respect to Mexico's losses: the lack of specialized care in Hermasillo is a damning indictment of that nation's physical/cultural infrastructure. Suppose Mx suffered a much greater tragedy that us Gringos would essentially shrug off and carry on if something similar occurred here in the USA?

Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,906,067 times
Good uplifting post, ClarissaM....too bad we often forget this sort of very COMMON occurrence, preferring instead to concentrate on the "bad", the xenophobic, and the greedy America; the America that 'hates foreigners' and causes so much anger around the world. Thanks for posting this.

By the way, did anyone mention "western guilt"?...No, I suppose not.....

Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 AM

9,715 posts, read 18,355,234 times
Americans are the most generous of any country. Just look at the huge amount of money,food,etc the us govt gives other countries in distress. It just seems the united states is always being asked by other countries for aid.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,513,866 times
Moved from Immigration.
Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 06-08-2009 at 12:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or