Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Do you think it is fair for a religous group or union to stand outside of a place of business and disrupt peoples livlyhoods?
Yes, I think it is "fair"

I will give you but ONE example of what you suggest is somewhat Illegal (and it is not) happens all the time: Protestors outside of an abortion clinic.

The clinic is there to make money - yet, there are also protestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes, I think it is "fair"

I will give you but ONE example of what you suggest is somewhat Illegal (and it is not) happens all the time: Protesters outside of an abortion clinic.

The clinic is there to make money - yet, there are also protesters.
You do know that not all abortion clinics are out to do this and some are infact non-profit like churches. Plus, the right and wrongs of abortions vary upon a persons religious, political, and personal views.

There are many reasons an abortion are legitimate....would you want a woman to die becasue the birth would cause her to?

would you want a woman who got raped to have to carry the burden of her assaulter and have a daily reminder of this?

Would you want a woman who is a prostitute to have 20 kids and be on welfare because abortion was not offered?

Do you think that it is okay to force a child to be addicted to something from birth because the mother was a junkie or an alcohalic?

Do you think that a girl who is 14 years old should have to grow up that soon and not experience life becasue of one mistake?

Do you think that a woman who has 8 kids already and is on welfare should not be allowed to get a abortion becasue the child would have to suffer as her 8 children do?

When religions start focusing on topics of real merit I will give them the credit they deserve...

I see more and more churches focusing on the hungry and sick of other worlds than of the welfare of their neighbors and other people in the city they live.

I see more churches carring about the welfare of children in other countries before focusing on the children in their city.

I see churches calling others to not judge one another, yet they judge all that do not agree with their way of life.

I see churches that preach anti america when the america that they are fighting against allows them the right to do so.

I remember seeing that even churches saw black people as unclean and made them sit in the back of the church or did not welcome them.

If I recall from my history classes, churches at one time saught to control everything in a township, they where the law.

Even today, Churches fight against our own government for making a decision even though it was the general public that voted in a law.

Take the state of california, they legalized gay marriage...but the churches funded rallies and campaigns after the law was in effect, they got money from other states, primarily utah, and used it to overturn the decision on a law they they obviously did not win...Most people in california thought the law had passed and they were done with it. When the churches organized and demanded a new vote, many did not know it was a different vote, they thought it was them just spewing more hatred in the air about a dead topic.

Churches do underhanded things, unions do underhanded thing, business's do underhanded things...so why is that only business's get the bad rap for it.

Churches want equality yet they fight against their own goal.

If a business was to stand outside of a church and protest that its teaching were harmful everyone would see them as wrong...and the church would sue them...

So, I think that if a religious group wishes to protest a business then they should be allowed to be sued by that business for the amount of money lost during the protest. same goes for a union.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Obviously, the other poster hates religion and churches.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So, I think that if a religious group wishes to protest a business then they should be allowed to be sued by that business for the amount of money lost during the protest. same goes for a union.
Well, the LAW disagrees with you.

I'm afraid you are simply going to have to come to grips with reality on this issue.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:59 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,828 times
No actually I like religion and churches. I also like union and business's. I do not like them all. I do not think that they are all the same. and what one church does all churches do. just like what one union does not all unions do....and what one business does not all do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies