Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:41 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times

Advertisements

They got him, and they got him because he supported Kerry in 04 and then switched to McCain for the 08 elections.

The left thought he was their "boy" and when he turned right, they were not happy. Normally they do nothing to liberals for saying things like Imus said---Hillary Clinton made remarks about Indian people and Joe Biden made them about Osbama.

when their guy says something offensive, its cool but when he doesnt play for the same team any longer, BAM!!! He has to go Down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,938,943 times
Imus favored McCain? Really?

Old 04-11-2007, 05:55 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Is there a god? Imus has been dropped! Finally, the racist is gone!

And another racist is left standing.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
They got him, and they got him because he supported Kerry in 04 and then switched to McCain for the 08 elections.

The left thought he was their "boy" and when he turned right, they were not happy. Normally they do nothing to liberals for saying things like Imus said---Hillary Clinton made remarks about Indian people and Joe Biden made them about Osbama.

when their guy says something offensive, its cool but when he doesnt play for the same team any longer, BAM!!! He has to go Down!
Nah, I don't think it's that sinister to tell you the truth.

I think it's more so the NAACP guy is on the board of directors for the station. Don got hosed. There are black comedians saying MUCH worse about white people on a daily basis, and they don't even get questioned.

The man is a shock-jock, which is just another species of comedian. There was no need to crucify him for a joke gone bad. Did you see Howard Stern's comment? I laughed out loud, and I hate that guy too.

"Don should have said F You, it's a joke", lol

Ya can't say it any plainer than that.

I think Don made a HUGE mistake in apologizing. He should have stood his ground with Rev Chubby Checker and said something like.... "Look, nobody takes my commentary seriously. It was a joke. Yes, it was probably in poor taste, and I hear you. However, it was still a joke." then followed by

"So tell me Al, it must have been tough to stand up to your friend Louis Farrakhan when he said Jews were the devil. How did you deal with that anyway?" or he could have prepared for and picked a number of racist comments Sharpton, Jackson, or Farrakhan have made to use against him.
I would have taken that opportunity on Sharpton's radio show to expose him for the stinking racist that he REALLY is. It's one thing to make a bad joke as a comedian, but when a self-proclaimed politician does it, that's a problem.

Don Imus wussed his own career away. As much as I can't stand him either, Stern would NEVER have punked out like that.

Nobody should get crucified for bad comedy.

~T

Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 PM

you are probably right

Old 04-11-2007, 06:05 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,675 times
I dont think he should have been dropped myself, but really........ well, whatever.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:06 PM

me neither, though i couldnt stand the guy, he said what i hear others say all the time

Old 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
me neither, though i couldnt stand the guy, he said what i hear others say all the time

Hey, for once I agree with you. I was no great fan but I also know how to change the station. And I'd bet if we heard the same words from Snoop Dogg he'd sell a million copies and we wouldn't hear word one from the hypocritical double-standard bearing Sharpton.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:32 PM

yep, i agree, but i dont measure you by the times we disagree, i dont think negatively of our disagreements, those are you opinions and i respect them, dont have to agree

thanks, we do agree on this one

Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,938,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And another racist is left standing.
That's true, but he has a cult following. Who are you talking about. Sharpton or the rappers in general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies