U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:52 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,823,696 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for Bush, Jr. because I thought he was heading in the war direction. My co-workers made fun of me because I told them I didn't want the USA to be in a war. I just told them that if he is elected, we will be in a war within six months. I may have been wrong about the length of time, but I was right about his direction.

Now, has anybody noticed what I have been thinking about Obama. I am concerned that his goal is to become our first communist dictator. I hope I am wrong, but the signs are there.

Wake up, America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 08:55 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,086,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Notice the justification for wanting to invade Iraq: (again, while he was governor)

“He (Bush) said he wanted to do it(invade Iraq), and the reason he wanted to do it is he had been led to understand that you could not really have a successful presidency unless you were seen as commander-in-chief, unless you were seen as waging a war.”

According to Baker, Bush told Herskowitz, “The ideal thing was a small war, and this is why Bush said nobody was going to be killed in Iraq because he thought it would be small war.”
Right....that's what Bush Sr. did, remember....and he lost re-election. When has waging war been successful for a president...WWII? Although Japan declared war on us first (actually the message came late by a feww hours....we got it after they had already attacked Pearl Harbor....many Japanese soldiers were upset about it).

Old 06-06-2009, 08:57 PM

26,297 posts, read 17,203,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Governor Bush told Houston Journalist: If Elected. "I'm Going to Invade Iraq" | Pakistan Daily

I've seen little mention of it, other than a brief mention on Olberman's show.
All raisin brain needed was a Rumsfeld and a Cheney to make his fantasy a reality. They were foaming at the mouth to have a war and Bush was exactly the puppet that they needed. Hanging is too good for them. Bush hasn't been in the public eye too much these days, has he? He's keeping such a low profile as Cheney's running off at the mouth is digging a hole for all of them.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:36 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,525,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, Sy Hersh. Didn't he just accuse Cheney of running and assassination ring that murdered Bhutto?

He's a crazy old koot and a notorious bush hater.

Didn't he also accuse the CIA just recently of domestic spying, without any evidence to back it up?

He also claimed the US would attack Iran numerous times while Bush was in office.

His outlandish and tabloid-type sensationalism is hilarious, except for the fact the some gullible leftists hang on his every word.

Let's not forget his claim of covert ops by US commandos in Iran.

It is obvious he is borderline senile.
If you had a small fraction of the credibility that Sy Hersh has, we'd all listen to your insane rants.

As it is ... (yawn).

Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,692,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The UN asked SAddam over and over to provide evidence that he had destroyed his stockpile of weapons - he refused over and over again.
You're a liar, Saddam was cooperating with the UN.

It was Bush and nobody else that kicked the inspectors out.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:45 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,268,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Read the link. They didn't exist when the inspectors were searching everywhere. In fact, that's what they were doing -- verifying that they didn't exist.

Pal are you feeling o.k. ?
They didnt exist? Then so the gas they used on the kurds was?.......happy gas? WTF
I suppose they used ALL of the gas on the kurds also?..right...

Old 06-06-2009, 10:49 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,875,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
They didnt exist? Then so the gas they used on the kurds was?.......happy gas? WTF
Try to follow along....

When the inspectors were looking for those WMD, the ones used on the Kurds were gone. They were used on the Kurds, they no longer existed. The inspectors were looking to see if there were more WMDs which they were pretty sure didn't exist because Saddams son-in-law already told the Brits that Saddam no longer had an WMDs.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 PM

12,439 posts, read 10,280,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Try to follow along....

When the inspectors were looking for those WMD, the ones used on the Kurds were gone. They were used on the Kurds, they no longer existed. The inspectors were looking to see if there were more WMDs which they were pretty sure didn't exist because Saddams son-in-law already told the Brits that Saddam no longer had an WMDs.
I am even going to go slower... at one time they did exist but Saddam either used them all or destroyed them. That is why there was none to find. This all happened well before we invaded. It was just a reason to invade. I think most people have got this by now.
Just so to keep you up on current events. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 either. In fact, none of the reasons that Bush gave were actually true. This is all documented and discussed. I am not going to post the cites. Just look them up.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
First of all they gassed the Kurds nearly 20 years ago with the gas we gave him. Second is that when it happened we sat idle as they exterminated these people-we did nothing. Third is to use it as a some sort of excuse to invade some 20 yrs later is disingenuous and ignorant at best. Fourth is that gas is not the type of WMD that Bush and his cronies claimed Saddam had and was ready to use.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:05 PM

You know what they say about hindsight? Yea...forget all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies