Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 09:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
thas what you say to shield yoursef from the reality of the genocide of our unborn
But if both women AND men both took better responsibility for birth control, the number of ABs would go down. They might even become associated only with extreme or unlikely cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I like that. You get to make all the choices about your body because you're a man but you don't think women should have the same right.

Why do you hate women?
Why do you hate the unborn.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I like that. You get to make all the choices about your body because you're a man but you don't think women should have the same right.

Why do you hate women?
I feel hatred/fear of women is at the heart of the anti-choice crowd.

If it wasn't there wouldn't be so much fake outrage over abortions.....I have NEVER seen, read, nor heard of a repub/conservative EVER show ANY form of caring for children that ARE born EVER!...

If men were the ones to get pregnant abortion would be totally accepted as just"the way things are".

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I am pro life and even I think this is ridiculous. Sure, we all know the pill carries some health risks for the women who take them. I believe smokers are especially at risk for serious complications. But I could never put a woman down for taking this step towards not getting pregnant. I am against the destruction of life. But if there is a way for a woman to prevent that seed from ever beginning to grow, I think it should be available. This is almost like saying condoms kill babies as well, since we do catch our helpless seed in a rubber tube and throw them away to die.

But while I believe life starts from the moment of conception(when the sperm joins with the egg) I do not think I am carrying around millions of little souls waiting for their chance at freedom. And when pro life groups, pro choice groups, etc. start grasping at straws like this it only serves to weaken their cause and make them look ridiculous. Freedom for women to use birth control is one I whole heartedly support. I have always preached taking responsibility for your actions. And taking birth control is just being responsible.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I am pro life and even I think this is ridiculous. Sure, we all know the pill carries some health risks for the women who take them. I believe smokers are especially at risk for serious complications. But I could never put a woman down for taking this step towards not getting pregnant. I am against the destruction of life. But if there is a way for a woman to prevent that seed from ever beginning to grow, I think it should be available. This is almost like saying condoms kill babies as well, since we do catch our helpless seed in a rubber tube and throw them away to die.

But while I believe life starts from the moment of conception(when the sperm joins with the egg) I do not think I am carrying around millions of little souls waiting for their chance at freedom. And when pro life groups, pro choice groups, etc. start grasping at straws like this it only serves to weaken their cause and make them look ridiculous. Freedom for women to use birth control is one I whole heartedly support. I have always preached taking responsibility for your actions. And taking birth control is just being responsible.
I think these people's goal is to stop other people from having sex.

Or to increase the number of ABs....who knows.

" But if there is a way for a woman to prevent that seed from ever beginning to grow, I think it should be available. " - or if there's a way for a man to prevent...etc. And there are surefire ways for men to take better responsibility, much more relaible than condoms. Do you think men should step up and be 50% responsible, or more?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I feel hatred/fear of women is at the heart of the anti-choice crowd.

If it wasn't there wouldn't be so much fake outrage over abortions.....I have NEVER seen, read, nor heard of a repub/conservative EVER show ANY form of caring for children that ARE born EVER!...

If men were the ones to get pregnant abortion would be totally accepted as just"the way things are".
Well, maybe I am not an ordinary man but as far as I am concerned your "assumptions" are way off base. Neither fear nor hatred have anything to do with my stance on abortion. I simply fight for those who never get a chance. And to make a statement basically saying a certain political group has never cared for children is utterly ridiculous and shows that you are completely biased against this group of people.

And as far as men carrying babies, I can only wish it were so. I would love nothing more than to be able to have that bond with my children. I love them already and couldn't begin to know how it would feel to know I gave that child a place to grow and develop. I don't think men are the only problem, I think many women don't realize how big this gift is that many just throw away.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I don't think men are the problem, I think many women don't realize how big this gift is that many just throw away.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think these people's goal is to stop other people from having sex.

Or to increase the number of ABs....who knows.

" But if there is a way for a woman to prevent that seed from ever beginning to grow, I think it should be available. " - or if there's a way for a man to prevent...etc. And there are surefire ways for men to take better responsibility, much more relaible than condoms. Do you think men should step up and be 50% responsible, or more?
Yes, I do think the men in the situation should be held responsible for their actions just as a woman should. I think the couple should know where they stand, and both should respond accordingly. And if for some reason all of their precautions still can't stop nature, I think they should honor that result and allow the new lifeform they have created to grow and have a chance at life.

I also think if we are going to make the responsibility 50/50, the choice for abortion should be 50/50 as well. You can't have it one way now and another if the result turns out differently than you planned. If a man fathers a child and is willing to step up to his responsibility, there should be some sort of protection for that man. He should not be left with absolutely no say.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Typo, I already changed it. I meant to say the only problem. And I changed it before your response. Plus, I was responding to the users inference that things would be totally different if men could have children.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:19 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH
I don't think men are the problem, I think many women don't realize how big this gift is that many just throw away.

A gift? 9 months of pain, the final blow while giving birth and risking your life.

A REAL GIFT!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies