Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 09:36 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Yes, I did. We've established that you can read. Now lets work on context. The word was appropriately used and not an insult, if that's what you are implying.

Right wingers have so much trouble with the concept of "context".
LML is a minion? Not according to websters...

Main Entry: min·ion Pronunciation: \ˈmin-yən\ Function: noun Etymology: Middle French mignon darling Date: circa 1500 1 : a servile dependent, follower, or underling 2 : one highly favored : idol 3 : a subordinate or petty official

I don't believe LML could be called dependent, follower or an underling of those that wish to outlaw birth control. She certainly is not highly favored by such an organization as she does not believe as they do and she is not a subordinate or a petty officer of said organization.

I'm afraid 'minion' is not a term you are all that familiar with - contextually or otherwise.
Perhaps you are more familiar with the term 'histrionic'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 09:38 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Let's pretend for a moment that I accept that a fetus is "another human being." If that "other human being" is threatening my life, I am entitled to protect myself from it, up to and including killing it. I could even do that if it walked up to me on the street and pointed a gun at me. That's how I reconcile that with my position. It's perfectly logical, reasonable and legal.

If a woman can honestly feel that way about her own baby then she is a very, very scary person and I'd be afraid to meet HER on the street.

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If a woman can honestly feel that way about her own baby then she is a very, very scary person and I'd be afraid to meet HER on the street.
I have to agree. Repulsive.

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
I wonder how many people....no matter what their circumstances of birth ....truly would wish they had never been born. Don't count teen agers in puberty who are mad because mom won't let them take the car tonight. Just seriously ask 100 people if they wish they had never felt the sun on their face, never listened to music, never eaten an ice cream cone, never laughed, never cried, never had the opportunity to make their own choice.
But you can't contemplate things like that if you never existed. And lots of people don't exist, and not just because of abortion. We don't spend time worrying about that.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:39 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Tell that to my cousin who damn near died giving birth, and still suffers from the damage caused to her body as a result of the trauma, including memory loss and paralysis. And that's not to mention the fact that she'll never be able to have another child due to the emergency hysterectomy they were forced to perform while they were trying to save her life.

You don't get to dictate that I should be forced to take that risk with my body and my life, regardless how small it might be. Period.
My cousin's wife did die. It wasn't a high risk pregnancy, there were no warnings, and yet she died.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:40 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
My cousin's wife did die. It wasn't a high risk pregnancy, there were no warnings, and yet she died.
And my cousin's wife died getting hit by a car while crossing the street. Let's outlaw cars.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Honestly, you know many HER's, you just don't realize it. Probably women in your own family but at the very least women you know from work, church, the neighborhood, schools, etc.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
And my cousin's wife died getting hit by a car while crossing the street. Let's outlaw cars.
Why? She had the choice to cross the street. But this is stupid

If a body isn't cooperating with a pregnancy on a physical level you can't just say "deal with it". Women get to put their health first if they want.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
You probably have.

You'd be shocked at how many women of all ages , races, religions have had abortions.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 PM

I don't know why people try to demonize women who have had abortions. Many people wouldn't be alive today if their mother hadn't aborted a pregnancy earlier in her life. I know a couple of those people myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies