Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider George Tiller to be a hero?
Yes 20 28.99%
No 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:56 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Such as? With the advances in technology, what medical reason necessitates murdering a viable baby, that couldn't have been detected in the first trimester? An expert psychologist testified on the witness stand during Tillers trial that he was performing abortions on late term viable babies for reasons as insane as the mother saying that she wouldn't be able to party anymore with a kid to take care of. Is that one of the "medical necessities" that you speak of?
the name of the psychologist? do you have a link to the transcripts?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:14 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the name of the psychologist? do you have a link to the transcripts?

According to Peggy Jarman, spokeswoman for Dr. George Tiller, who specializes in late-term abortions in Wichita, Kansas:
About three-fourths of Tiller's late-term patients, Jarman said, are teen-agers who have denied to themselves or their families they were pregnant until it was too late to hide it. [Kansas City Star]

----------------------

Look Tiller was a hero! He saved all those females from those tragic pregancies they couldn't hid anymore. What better reason to kill the baby.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:27 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
According to Peggy Jarman, spokeswoman for Dr. George Tiller, who specializes in late-term abortions in Wichita, Kansas:
About three-fourths of Tiller's late-term patients, Jarman said, are teen-agers who have denied to themselves or their families they were pregnant until it was too late to hide it. [Kansas City Star]

----------------------

Look Tiller was a hero! He saved all those females from those tragic pregancies they couldn't hid anymore. What better reason to kill the baby.
Funny if you do a search for this quote, it only comes up almost exclusively on Chrisitian and pro-life sites and discussion forums. There's no date for the article or title, though those things are provided with other quotations on these sites. And one would think that the Kansas City Star would know that "teen-ager" isn't a hyphenate.

Hmmm...

Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:

----------------------

this is not the link I asked for aboout someone testifing in court that abortions were given because the woman "could no longer party" from my understanding these abortions needed two doctors stamp of approval and I doubt becuse I can't party is a good enough reason.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:36 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this is not the link I asked for aboout someone testifing in court that abortions were given because the woman "could no longer party" from my understanding these abortions needed two doctors stamp of approval and I doubt becuse I can't party is a good enough reason.

And the two doctors were on his payroll. How conveeeenient!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
And Dr. Tiller was found not guilty.

Preeclampsia Foundation | Home

Gestational Diabetes Resource Guide - American Diabetes Association

Gestational Hypertension

Ectopic Pregnancy

While there are specific markers for Down's Syndrome babies, other anomalies are not detectable by either bloodwork or sonogram until an advanced stage of the pregnancy. Please read the links, which provide clear medical evidence of clinical necessity...unless you believe that the
fetus is more important than the mother...who often has other children. Are women so disposable? Seen only as incubators? I actually had an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured myself; my left fallopian tube just exploded. I lost both the tube and the corresponding ovary...talk about
pain, and I very nearly died. If I'd had a clue, I would certainly have had an abortion. Would you have had me die to "protect" a fetus that was lost when the tube burst anyway? There are more shades of gray in every issue than things being simply black and white, and diametrically opposed.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
And the two doctors were on his payroll. How conveeeenient!
oh please, what an easy out. it is sheer insanity to think that all the doctors in the usa were on his payroll. was tiller clairvoyent and able to tell when a woman would get pregnant and which two doctor's she would see, so she could be refered to tiller. wow what an amazing man.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Those in the drug trade are killed all the time but the money is so good they still risk it.

Tiller, $5,000 a pop times 60,000 doesn't make a hero, it makes a fat bank account and the incentive to take the risks.
Excellent analogy. Rep point to you.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Such as? With the advances in technology, what medical reason necessitates murdering a viable baby, that couldn't have been detected in the first trimester? An expert psychologist testified on the witness stand during Tillers trial that he was performing abortions on late term viable babies for reasons as insane as the mother saying that she wouldn't be able to party anymore with a kid to take care of. Is that one of the "medical necessities" that you speak of?
In the first trimester? Lots of them.

Prenatal Diagnostic Testing: Genetic Disorders Detection: Merck Manual Home Edition

Most of these tests are conducted in the 2nd trimester.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
In the first trimester? Lots of them.

Prenatal Diagnostic Testing: Genetic Disorders Detection: Merck Manual Home Edition

Most of these tests are conducted in the 2nd trimester.
Exactly, so you agree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies