U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider George Tiller to be a hero?
Yes 20 28.99%
No 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:08 AM

2,659 posts, read 2,569,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It's a little more common than some would believe.
And that is a choice.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:09 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,124,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
And that is a choice.
You are correct - it is a choice.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:16 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,748,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
WEll said. What that scumball got was devine retrebution
Great - let us create a lawless vigilante society where people take the law into their own hands. Would you perform the same divine intervention on another Doctor performing such abortions - with your hands?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You are correct - it is a choice.
I don't want to dwell on personal things much.

But out of curiosity, did she make that choice herself?
Or did someone make that decision for her?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 AM

I don't think he was a hero - but he continued his highly controversial line of work in spite of incredible dangers to himself and his family and that deserves respect.... I don't think he was an evil man and the work he did he must have been passionate about to respect a woman's right to choose. I mean who better to choose than a mother, it is inside her - not inside the pocket of the lawless religious right.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I don't think he was a hero - but he continued his highly controversial line of work in spite of incredible dangers to himself and his family and that deserves respect.... I don't think he was an evil man and the work he did he must have been passionate about to respect a woman's right to choose. I mean who better to choose than a mother, it is inside her - not inside the pocket of the lawless religious right.
I'm only guessing here, but I can't imagine too many jobs that it took more courage to perform. So if courage is considered a heroic trait, I think you've got to consider it for a moment.

I just realized we agree, but I'm willing to attach the hero label.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 AM

11,456 posts, read 12,692,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Great - let us create a lawless vigilante society where people take the law into their own hands. Would you perform the same divine intervention on another Doctor performing such abortions - with your hands?
He's too much of a coward to do something like that himself. He could only applaud it from behind a computer like the rest of the dirtbags who condone domestic terrorism.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
I'm only guessing here, but I can't imagine too many jobs that it took more courage to perform. So if courage is considered a heroic trait, I think you've got to consider it for a moment.

I just realized we agree, but I'm willing to attach the hero label.
I honestly don't know enough about him to comment.. I will say that I don't like late term abortions and any abortion that doesn't involve a medical reason that will harm the mother... I really really really hate the idea of any abortion actually and it's the one issue that causes more equivocation for me than any other. Having said that, i just don't think the 'pro-life' camp lives in reality and it ultimately should be the choice of the mother - but it should never be taken lightly or encouraged or easy......and I can't say enough about either abstinence or birth control to avoid this terrible situation.

Last edited by mississauga75; 06-07-2009 at 02:17 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
He's too much of a coward to do something like that himself. He could only applaud it from behind a computer like the rest of the dirtbags who condone domestic terrorism.
Yup - keyboard courage

Old 06-07-2009, 01:52 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,951,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

On a scale of dirtbags, who would be the bigger dirtbags, those who are against third trimester abortions or those who idolize and worship a man that spent his entire life killing babies?

Gee what should I chose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies