Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider George Tiller to be a hero?
Yes 20 28.99%
No 49 71.01%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,569,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya mean like forbidding the photos of coffins arriving at Dover AF base?

Like photos of humans of all ages blown apart in Iraq?

Why aren't you pushing for people to see those and then maybe we can end war....oh, that's right, once the child is born YOU DON'T CARE! And if they are Iraqi you REALLY don't care!
You need those babies coming out fast for more cannon fodder and burger flippers and low paid workers.
What I'm gleaning from this is: Its better to murder babies before they are born, lest they grow up to be patriotic Americans not on welfare. That is pretty twisted...even for you.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:40 PM

639 posts, read 1,139,607 times
The man who killed Dr. Tiller is a coward that should be put to death. That being said, Dr. Tiller was no hero.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:41 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,779,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I admire the man for doing what he felt was right and providing a safe option to women in need. I'm disgusted by the so-called "pro-lifer" who chose to end Dr. Tiller's life. He should rot in a cell until the day he dies.

With that said, I can't support late-term abortions, so I won't say that Tiller is a "hero."
Admire? George Tiller is Dead: For Whom Shall We Mourn? - Vision Forum Ministries

Old 06-07-2009, 03:50 PM

36,934 posts, read 18,816,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excellent point. He violated his oath many times over.
If he violated his oath it was the province of the AMA and his state licensing board to bring charges and revoke his license if he was found guilty of same. This never happened. He was not a hero, just a doctor caring for his patients in accordance with their wishes and his abilities and training.

What did happen was that he was performing his job and the law supported him. The legal definition of abortion does not equate the act with murder.

The same cannot be said of his assassin, who is guilty of unprovoked premeditated murder.

Regardless of your opinon of abortion, it is the law of the land that is the final arbitor.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,811,735 times
Quote:
I see. You screw up your sentence, and still find a way to blame the reader. That's pretty indicative of your whole outlook on life, isn't it?
If you can't comprehend a perfectly coherent sentence that has an extra "and" in it - you have more problems that I thought.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,202,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Those in the drug trade are killed all the time but the money is so good they still risk it.

Tiller, $5,000 a pop times 60,000 doesn't make a hero, it makes a fat bank account and the incentive to take the risks.
Where do you get the $5000 number? Has that price been verified?

Old 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,950,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So no civil rights movement? Dr. King should have given some speeches and left it at that? No Viet Nam war protests that involved burning draft cards or moving to Canada since that would be illegal? No Revolutionary War since that would be treason? Slaves in the South should have stayed put since escape to the North was against the law?
I've come to the conclusion that we can't treat an organism inside the womb as a person. You have come to the conclusion that it is a person - that is what it boils down to.

If you want to be the centre of a movement to end abortion by various means... I'll watch for you in the news. However, I will not be a part of it.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:59 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Where do you get the $5000 number? Has that price been verified?
to quote a figure does not tell us what profit the doctor made if any?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Some of these abortions are given to "Illegal aliens" from Mexico. Is that law to be respected as well? Shouldn't they be sent home for their choice of murder.
Well you have inherited illegal aliens.... and the problem is? How'd they get into the U.S? Tighten up the borders!!!

Deport all illegal aliens back to Mexicana - and what are you going to do about it - what will happen to the U.S economy.. are you going to pick up a second Job at Sonic cuz there's nobody there to serve you. How are you going to deport them all that they are all here - is it logistically and ecoomically viable and feasible...my point is we can get into 5 billion hyptotheticals here.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"he continued his highly controversial line of work in spite of incredible dangers to himself and his family"

You just described a mafia hit man or a heroin mule. Take your pick.

LOL i'm still wrestling with what has happened to Tony Soprano and his family...but i do get your point - every man's hero is another man's enemy type of thing

Last edited by mississauga75; 06-07-2009 at 05:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies