Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:42 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,339,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You are wrong. Men do suffer when they have zero say about getting an abortion. What if he wants a child?
You condemn a woman for being a ***** and then validate the feelings of the person who got her pregnant. Their both irresponsible for not having protected sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 11:13 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Well, Rush Limbaugh isn't religious and he's against abortion. And I think afoigerkok's (on our forum) is pro-life, but he's not religious.

To the OP, it's probably because the most vocal pro-lifers have been conservative protestants and catholics. Look at Mother Teresa, for example. The Catholic Church has been the most vocal organized voice against abortion for decades, ahead of evangelicals even.
I'm not religious (or anti-religion). I'm pro-life.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:16 AM

258 posts, read 325,347 times
Fanatical Pro-lifers are the biggest hypocrites on earth. I'm anti-abortion but it is my business only. If your pro-life don't have an abortion and don't go around killing people (i.e, the hypocrite part, your pro life but you commit murder).

Old 06-07-2009, 12:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Waht disgusts me the most is that people (mostly liberals) think its ok for a woman to be sexually irresponsible, to go around with her legs spread open, and then claim she doesnt have time for a child and therefor must get an abortion. Hey Honey, if you dont want kids, keep your F'in legs closed
Let me guess, you're a man Nice that you blame the woman in this thing called sex, where's the blame for the man? On to the OP, I don't believe all pro-lifers are hardcore religious people, I know some who aren't religious & some who are religious but not hard-core. Although I think I'd say that most hardcore religious people are pro-life.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:24 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Let me guess, you're a man Nice that you blame the woman in this thing called sex, where's the blame for the man? On to the OP, I don't believe all pro-lifers are hardcore religious people, I know some who aren't religious & some who are religious but not hard-core. Although I think I'd say that most hardcore religious people are pro-life.
They always blame the woman. Because you know women are the only ones who want sex.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
They always blame the woman. Because you know women are the only ones who want sex.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,784,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This pro-lifer (me) would LOVE to see the following:

1) comprehensive sex ed in all public schools, starting possibly as early as the 6th or 7th grade

2) contraceptives made free and widely available, while making the message about why they fail very clear and stressing the importance of using them correctly

3) free health care for children from low-income families

4) adoption reform
I'm assuming you think by proving free health care for children in low income families, their mothers will not abort them?

Just wondering what the rationale is behind that.
How will we pay for this "free" health care for the kiddies?

Old 06-07-2009, 06:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,520,206 times
I don't think many people really believe/think that....I do not; even though SOME religious viewpoints seem extremist to me.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:56 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
. . .
Why is it that most pro-lifers are also social conservative and want government out of their private lives, that is unless it's telling someone else what they can do with their private lives?
I'm glad you said most because I am very left politically and very opposed to abortion. I also am against war, torture, the death penalty and other forms of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies