U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 AM

5,008 posts, read 10,762,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Deflection and obfuscation are two of the most overused tools by the far left.
* sigh *

You people really don't understand what I was doing to them. I was purposely riling them up. And it was fun . Yes it's childish, but those people should realize that just because most Seattleites are not very religious doesn't mean they're going to hell, are baby killers, etc. etc.

You saying I should just put up with that filth? Hell no. Especially since those same people, even moderate Republicans, would rather you just choke down their beliefs and be happy cuz darn dangit, the sawth is the bestest place in the wurld!

So, they spread filth and idiots, I reciprocate. Easy as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,561,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
So recently I saw some of the more conservative leaning religious nutjobs who give this great nation I live in a bad name in and around Pioneer square, saying how we're all going to hell and we're baby killers and Obama is the devil, blah blah blah.

So I decided to have some fun with them:

"Quitting by 5?!? Sounds Union-like to me!"

"So if you're compassionate, why has your party done more than any other to spread war and destruction?"

"If Republicanism is so awesome, then why haven't Seattleites adopted it ... oh wait, Seattle is awesome to live in, has the highest rate of education in the nation, has beautiful and friendly people once you get to know them, and are respectful on the whole. ... why are you ruining it?"
No offense, and I know you mean well, but speaking both as a Liberal and a former Seattleite (fabulous place, except the weather sucks!)... this is really kinda lame & childish (and an embarassment to Libs!). Although I can see how it can get a bit "insular" up there sometimes.

But believe me, even here in "blue state" California, we have no shortage of the "Christian Taliban" either. In fact, it's really a worldwide problem right now, which is basically this conflict of modernism & change, with those who still live in the past and fervently believe they have the only "truth".

Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
No offense, and I know you mean well, but speaking both as a Liberal and a former Seattleite (fabulous place, except the weather sucks!)... this is really kinda lame & childish (and an embarassment to Libs!). Although I can see how it can get a bit "insular" up there sometimes.

But believe me, even here in "blue state" California, we have no shortage of the "Christian Taliban" either. In fact, it's really a worldwide problem right now, which is basically this conflict of modernism & change, with those who still live in the past and fervently believe they have the only "truth".
The slogan of the right (well, maybe not all but the majority): We Fear Change.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:27 PM

12,625 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

If it aint broke--dont fix it

Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,150,183 times
Quote:
So recently I saw some of the more conservative leaning religious nutjobs who give this great nation I live in a bad name in and around Pioneer square, saying how we're all going to hell and we're baby killers and Obama is the devil, blah blah blah.

"So if you're compassionate, why has your party done more than any other to spread war and destruction?"

"If Republicanism is so awesome, then why haven't Seattleites adopted it ... oh wait, Seattle is awesome to live in, has the highest rate of education in the nation, has beautiful and friendly people once you get to know them, and are respectful on the whole. ... why are you ruining it?"
From the looks of your incoherent post, you are one of the many, non religious nutjobs that inhabits that cesspool pioneer square. See you didnt mention anything about the drug's, crime and drunken beggars, that pioneer square is notorious for! Obviously you are either very young or not very intelligent. Seattle is losing business in droves, because of your beloved liberalism, Seattle , King county and Wa, are broke, the liberals are looking for more and more ways to tax people and business to try to pay for all of their programs, meanwhile business' are either going broke or leaving. But their educated!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:29 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,291,345 times
Quote:

Meh. I don't even mess with these types. They're toxic.
Better just to avoid them.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:35 PM

45 posts, read 28,895 times

Old 06-07-2009, 04:20 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,193,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

the slogan of the left: "spare any change?"

Old 06-07-2009, 11:57 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,561,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
From the looks of your incoherent post, you are one of the many, non religious nutjobs that inhabits that cesspool pioneer square. See you didnt mention anything about the drug's, crime and drunken beggars, that pioneer square is notorious for! Obviously you are either very young or not very intelligent. Seattle is losing business in droves, because of your beloved liberalism, Seattle , King county and Wa, are broke, the liberals are looking for more and more ways to tax people and business to try to pay for all of their programs, meanwhile business' are either going broke or leaving. But their educated!
Besides technology (Adobe, Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing, etc.), a large part of Seattle and WA State's revenue comes from importing and exporting (Chinese goods, timber products, agriculture, wines, autos, jet planes, WalMart stuff, all of it...), and it's no secret that imports (among other things) aren't doing so well anywhere, thanks to the monumental incompetence of the "let the market regulate itself" idealogues.

But even so, the current unemployment in WA State has hovered at 9.1%, which is little different than Alabama right now (isn't that you?), and better than the national rate of 9.4%.

And oh yes, we've heard all this "dogma" before from the "true believers" in the Conservative Taliban... "Liberalism" is the 'Great Satan' and the cause of all our current ills, blah-blah-blah", even despite the last 8 years of Republican rule. But as always, there's an "answer" for this "anomaly" too... Dubya & Co. weren't really "true conservatives" (so hey, let's give 'em another crack at it)! Of course that ain't gonna happen, so all 'ya got going for you now, is to throw tantrums (we won't cooperate, we won't!), and keep betting on everybody else to fail, just to feel good about yourself. Besides, who in their right mind would make fun of "education" anyway (except maybe a chronic apologist for ignorance & stupidity)...?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,949,760 times
Quote:

Haha...Seattle. Riiiight. How many more people killed themselves there this weekend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or