Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 09:07 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
It isn't Christians shutting down political events like a bunch of raving Brown Shirts circa 1932. It isn't Christians bypassing congress to implement controls over industry, a la Barack Obama. It isn't Christians shutting down free speech on college campuses.

Christians are the least of our problems.
No, Christians are more concerned with subjugating groups of people whom they find distasteful and forcing their moral code on others who wish to have nothing to do with it. Oh and they also would love nothing more than establishing Christianity as the official state religion. I would say Christianity and Islam are currently our number one problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The Democrats destroyed the economy, and that has just been one small part of their agenda to destroy America.
Please explain in detail how Democrats "destroyed the economy". Please use facts, not opinion.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:27 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,635,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
No, Christians are more concerned with subjugating groups of people whom they find distasteful and forcing their moral code on others who wish to have nothing to do with it. Oh and they also would love nothing more than establishing Christianity as the official state religion. I would say Christianity and Islam are currently our number one problems.
Is this just a Texas thing? I've never experienced any of that as an agnostic here in Illinois. We're thinking of relocating to Texas, but we're not expecting to be blown up by Muslim or Christian terrorists there.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:31 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
If you ignore all of the evidence presented so far, sure.

This is like sleeping through an entire trial, waking up at the end of the closing argument, and saying "you can't just say 'I rest my case'! You need to present evidence!"
No, I'd say its more like living through an entire trial, and someone jumping up from the back of the court room yelling "guilty" without so much as a clue what they are heckling about. Or..., like a child acting badly at a dinner table when adults are trying to have a conversation...

Bluster over substance is all it is, to be ignored as best we adults can...

Old 04-10-2016, 09:32 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Try reading "American Fascists-The Christian Right and the War on America" by Chris Hedges.

The Christian Fascists truly do believe themselves to be the "annointed ones" and this book provides a grounded perspective on that topic from one of the most gifted writers (in the social spectrum) of our time.
I'm still waiting for the Christian Fascists to strap bombs to themselves and blow hundreds of people up.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:36 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
I started a thread yesterday to ask the question whether religion was for better or worse, helping us go forward or backward, but now I can't find it. Don't know what happened to it, but seems you view religion in much the same way I do. Maybe some good, but much a problem in any case...

Old 04-10-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I started a thread yesterday to ask the question whether religion was for better or worse, helping us go forward or backward, but now I can't find it. Don't know what happened to it, but seems you view religion in much the same way I do. Maybe some good, but much a problem in any case...
Yes, there are definitely good Christians around (I admit I don't stress this enough in my posts but should). I know some personally who are just as outraged as I am about the extremists in their faith. They feel their religion has been hijacked by the fundies.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Is this just a Texas thing? I've never experienced any of that as an agnostic here in Illinois. We're thinking of relocating to Texas, but we're not expecting to be blown up by Muslim or Christian terrorists there.
It really depends on where you live in Texas. You are not going to be "blown up by Christian terrorists". I can't speak for the Muslims on that though. Anywhere is a target for them it seems. At any rate, if you are going to live in any of the large metro areas you should fit right in. If you move to a rural area then all I can say is good luck. The state government is currently in a phase in which they are pandering to the right wing Christian fundamentalists. If that's not your thing then I'd take that into consideration. I'm afraid it isn't going to change any time soon either. Voter apathy here is appalling so this is what we have to deal with as a result.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Would that be anything like your agenda to destroy these threads with comments like that?

Nothing but unsubstantiated bluster..., that sort of thing works for you in general does it? Can't imagine how.

Closest thing to heckling the rest of us must endure I suppose...
What is true is true.

Sorry you can't deal with it.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Hysterical much?

Quote:
Please explain in detail how Democrats "destroyed the economy". Please use facts, not opinion.
I already have.

Read posts 66, 77, 87, 98, and 104 in this thread.

Reading -- it's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I'm still waiting for the Christian Fascists to strap bombs to themselves and blow hundreds of people up.
Me, too.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-11-2016 at 05:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies