Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 04:56 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

If you dont believe me, just look at one of his screed's about the housing crisis: It was Democrats pushing for "more home ownership" (read: poor blacks getting loans they didnt deserve) when the reality is they were victimized by predatory lenders in most cases, and to know that this is yet another who sings for his supper to the GOP's tune
So you're saying they were too stupid to not realize they didn't qualify for a mortgage and couldn't make the payments?

Pity the morons who don't have the sense to figure out "This is how much I have" vs. "This is how much I'll need".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 05:29 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
It's called "The Vision of the Annointed," a 1996 book by Thomas Sowell. It's one of the best books that I have ever read. It can be read entirely online at the following address. I bought this in paperback in '96 and was astounded at how clearly it illustrated faults in the liberal mindset.

They truly do believe themselves to be the "annointed ones" and this book provides a grounded perspective on that topic from one of the most gifted writers (in the social spectrum) of our time.

The Vision of the Anointed Self ... - Google Book Search

Doesn't sound very balanced does it?

But hey, if you need confirmation bias..... too bad people don't actually wanna LEARN anything nowadays.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:35 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Doesn't sound very balanced does it?

But hey, if you need confirmation bias..... too bad people don't actually wanna LEARN anything nowadays.
You apparently don't, otherwise you would read Thomas Sowell's books.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:54 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Hysterical much?

I already have.

Read posts 66, 77, 87, 98, and 104 in this thread.

Reading -- it's a good thing.

Me, too.
Pure opinion with absolutely no facts to back them up. Yeah I do enjoy reading fiction.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:33 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
No, Christians are more concerned with subjugating groups of people whom they find distasteful and forcing their moral code on others who wish to have nothing to do with it. Oh and they also would love nothing more than establishing Christianity as the official state religion. I would say Christianity and Islam are currently our number one problems.
Is Religion not politics, and/or another controversy?

Old 04-12-2016, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Pure opinion with absolutely no facts to back them up.
Wrong.

I have everything needed to back them up.

But nice try anyway.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:46 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Wrong.

I have everything needed to back them up.

But nice try anyway.
I'm curious what you consider substantiation of your opinion or position, because me and others can't seem to see it. Might you be able to state your opinion and back up for that opinion in one clear comment? An "Executive Summary" if you will? Possible?

Or not, as you wish of course. I suspect you can't be bothered, but I ask because otherwise your ongoing short little nuggets of nothingness really don't fool anyone. You realize this, right?

We can all simply state "you are wrong" and "nice try" and all that nonsense without even thinking. You, we can all do better than that, right?

Let's see if you can give it a try without any of the rhetoric and meaningless bluster...

Old 04-13-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm curious what you consider substantiation of your opinion or position, because me and others can't seem to see it. Might you be able to state your opinion and back up for that opinion in one clear comment? An "Executive Summary" if you will? Possible?

Or not, as you wish of course. I suspect you can't be bothered, but I ask because otherwise your ongoing short little nuggets of nothingness really don't fool anyone. You realize this, right?

We can all simply state "you are wrong" and "nice try" and all that nonsense without even thinking. You, we can all do better than that, right?

Let's see if you can give it a try without any of the rhetoric and meaningless bluster...
HUD Press Release, HUD No. 99-131, July 29, 1999.

Just type it right into Google -- "HUD Press Release, HUD No. 99-131, July 29, 1999"

Then you'll see it. Cuomo announcing his plan to order Fannie and Freddie to buy $2.4 trillion in sub-prime mortgages to provide affordable housing to 28.1 million families over the next ten years -- followed by a supportive statement by Bill Clinton.

Amazing that you "great experts" on the housing crisis and Great Recession don't know about this.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-13-2016 at 05:04 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 06:52 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
HUD Press Release, HUD No. 99-131, July 29, 1999.

Just type it right into Google -- "HUD Press Release, HUD No. 99-131, July 29, 1999"

Then you'll see it. Cuomo announcing his plan to order Fannie and Freddie to buy $2.4 trillion in sub-prime mortgages to provide affordable housing to 28.1 million families over the next ten years -- followed by a supportive statement by Bill Clinton.

Amazing that you "great experts" on the housing crisis and Great Recession don't know about this.
What is amazing is those who solely focus on Fannie and Freddie miss the bigger picture and therefore will never fully understand what drove the housing bubble.

Just this week we had the settlement between Goldman Sachs and DOJ where Goldman Sachs admitted that they defrauded investors with mortgage securities that they created. The government's housing goals did not drive the effort at Goldman Sachs. At the height of the bubble the private investment banks had 60% of the market and all or nearly all of them were engaging in similar activities.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/goldm...ortgage-backed

Old 04-13-2016, 06:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
If you want to understand liberals, how about making friends with one? I have conservative friends and family, I could do it, so why can't the rest of you conservatives do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies