Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times

Advertisements

Scholars say Lincoln, Roosevelt, Truman faced greater challenges in office.

Quote:
"This fellow was dealt an incredibly difficult hand, both foreign and domestic," said Stephen P. Hess, senior follow at the Brookings Institution. "But maybe if you compare him to Lincoln or to FDR, it is not such a mountain to climb."
Obama's issues yet to match earlier presidents' - White House- msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 07:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post

Interesting that you would use those two as examples and not a Republican. He inherited two wars, an economy in shambles, SS in desperate need of attention, education failing, illegal immigration out of hand, poor relations with even our traditional allies in the world and those are just a few of the issues he was handed by the previous President and you say he does not have major issues facing him? What the heck would you define as major issue if those are not enough.
I know you do not like the man, that is obvious by your postings, but this thread is not based on reality and it comes across as just anothe twisted attempt to attack him, based on nothing. Stick with the actual actions by the President and avoid obviously lame attempts at discrediting our President, personal attacks on him and his wife, are his daughters next, and while you are at it throw away the cyrstal ball, if seems to be malfunctioning.
Casper

Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:

My goodness, this is the in-the-tank-for-Obama MSNBC?

Your shepherds' Liberal Media conspiracy seems to be falling apart, sheepies! What'll they come up with now to tell you to call every media outlet that isnt Faux?

Old 06-09-2009, 07:10 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
I don't think that I needed a group of scholars to tell me that, despite the best efforts of our conservative friends, that even the two present wars and economic crisis aren't the Civil War, the Great Depression and WWII.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't think that I needed a group of scholars to tell me that, despite the best efforts of our conservative friends, that even the two present wars and economic crisis aren't the Civil War, the Great Depression and WWII.
That may or may not be true, but economic collapse can be a major issue and who knows where the current wars may lead. So, by the rule of measure being used here, none of the Presidents in the last 60 years met the criteria either, including both Republican and Demorctic Presidents. Now That is balance.
Casper

Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
My goodness, this is the in-the-tank-for-Obama MSNBC?

Your shepherds' Liberal Media conspiracy seems to be falling apart, sheepies! What'll they come up with now to tell you to call every media outlet that isnt Faux?

Or it could be they are getting sick of ranking so low in the ratings and actually trying to report a bit of the news

Old 06-09-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Or it could be they are getting sick of ranking so low in the ratings and actually trying to report a bit of the news
Except that this isnt news, Jadex, it's an opinion...I know the difference is difficult to discern for many.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times
Even on a good day, being President can have it's challanges.

I think msnbc was probably bringing the presidency of Nobama more into focus for those in this country that might have unrealistic expectations of him as President.

Some of his ideas may succeed, while other ideas of his may not. I see this article as msnbc's way of letting folks know this before hand. Call it preemptive damage control if you want.
One day, ObamaBots all across this country will wake up to the news that our President is nothing more than just a man, doing a job, that not many in this country would ever care to have.

Since msnbc leans heavily to the left, why would anyone be so surprised that they would refer to Democratic Presidents?

Sure, it's not a secret that I don't care for Nobama, but how much value is there in that knowledge? I didn't vote for the goofballs McCain/Palin either ..

Old 06-09-2009, 07:52 AM

How nice, OP, that at least one of you acknowledges that in spirit at least, Lincoln was what we now call a Democrat.

(I know you only slipped, but it was a good slip, and will suffice )

Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Even on a good day, being President can have it's challanges.

I think msnbc was probably bringing the presidency of Nobama more into focus for those in this country that might have unrealistic expectations of him as President.

Some of his ideas may succeed, while other ideas of his may not. I see this article as msnbc's way of letting folks know this before hand. Call it preemptive damage control if you want.
One day, ObamaBots all across this country will wake up to the news that our President is nothing more than just a man, doing a job, that not many in this country would ever care to have.

Since msnbc leans heavily to the left, why would anyone be so surprised that they would refer to Democratic Presidents?

Sure, it's not a secret that I don't care for Nobama, but how much value is there in that knowledge? I didn't vote for the goofballs McCain/Palin either ..
Where you are confused is that those that backed President Obama during the election, or do so now, already know he is just a man, just because the right did not have anyone they could get excited about is not the Demos fault, pick better candidates next time. Hopefully Obama is a man that can makes a diiference for the positive, the alternative choice was just more of the same and was rejected. If he fails in his task he will be gone in 3.5 years, if he is successful he is going to there for 7.5 years, one step at a time four months is not enough time to make valid judgements on his tour of duty. The only people I have ever heard refer to Obama as the Savior, Superman or Messiah were from the right-handed side of the issues, they are also the same ones that call him "other" things in a childish attempt to belittle the President of the United States of America.

Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies