Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
It is a sad day for America when some American citizens are rejoicing in a "victory" that was "won" by an act perpetrated by a domestic terrorist.
Actually, you should rearrange your thought process and ask the Tiller family why they felt it was necessary to close the clinic. If the pro-choice movement is so strong, then why do only 2 doctors perform late-term abortions, and why didn't they have the gumption to keep the clinic going? They were in this business for the money, and their moneymaker is no longer around. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:41 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, you should rearrange your thought process and ask the Tiller family why they felt it was necessary to close the clinic. If the pro-choice movement is so strong, then why do only 2 doctors perform late-term abortions, and why didn't they have the gumption to keep the clinic going? They were in this business for the money, and their moneymaker is no longer around. Nothing more, nothing less.
Oh well, as usual Americans support terrorist actions as long as it serves their motives. No shock here.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Oh well, as usual Americans support terrorist actions as long as it serves their motives. No shock here.
HUH? You derived such a conclusion from what part of my statement?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:44 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:

and there is the terrorist slur again! Could it be that people don't see this one guy as a terrorist but just a man that believed babies should not be slaughtered at 9 months for someone's headache? The law will take care of this man.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:44 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times
News, Suspect claims 'victory' in closing of slain doctor's clinic

WICHITA, Kansas (CNN) -- An anti-abortion activist suspected in the death of Kansas doctor George Tiller told CNN on Tuesday the closing of Tiller's women's clinic is "a victory for all the unborn children."

Suspect claims 'victory' in closing of slain doctor's clinic - CNN.com

Old 06-09-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
HUH? You derived such a conclusion from what part of my statement?
Apparently you missed the part where the pro-choice groups aren't "strong enough" to survive threats/murders. Dude is dead due to terrorist action and you seem to be okay with this, as the clinic is closed and your motives are met. Ends justify the means, apparently. Why would anyone re-open the clinic under threat of being murdered?

And it was also in reference to the poster who said this is not an act of domestic terrorism. I don't really know what else you could call "killing an abortion doctor to incite fear".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
and there is the terrorist slur again! Could it be that people don't see this one guy as a terrorist but just a man that believed babies should not be slaughtered at 9 months for someone's headache? The law will take care of this man.
And palestinian suicide bombers are just individuals that want their land back and are justified in their actions. 9/11 plane hijackers are just a bunch of dudes that want the US out of their business. All totally justified. They are heroes and not terrorists.

Quote:
S: (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear)

Old 06-09-2009, 11:48 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
I'm going to have to agree with the libs on this one. It falls under the strict definition of terrorism. Just because he doesn't wear a turban, trained in a third world dirtbag country to do the deed, or worship Allah, doesn't mean he's not a terrorist. But then again, every gangbanger would also have to be considered a domestic terrorist as well.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Apparently you missed the part where the pro-choice groups aren't "strong enough" to survive threats/murders. Dude is dead due to terrorist action and you seem to be okay with this, as the clinic is closed and your motives are met. Ends justify the means, apparently. Why would anyone re-open the clinic under threat of being murdered?

And it was also in reference to the poster who said this is not an act of domestic terrorism. I don't really know what else you could call "killing an abortion doctor to incite fear".
My motives? Keep dreaming. I haven't killed an abortion doctor, so point your fingers elsewhere.

Dr. Tiller had received thousands of threats, and was even shot in both arms in the early 1990's, but yet he kept the clinic open. His family reaped the benefits of this money-making machine. Their moneymaker is gone, and they closed the clinic. If they believed so fiercely in his cause, then why haven't they recruited a new doctor to take his place? I don't know the answer, only the Tiller's know the answer.

I'll ask you again: What part of my statements lead you to the conclusion that I support Mark Shroeder for killing Dr. Tiller?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
My motives? Keep dreaming. I haven't killed an abortion doctor, so point your fingers elsewhere.

Dr. Tiller had received thousands of threats, and was even shot in both arms in the early 1990's, but yet he kept the clinic open. His family reaped the benefits of this money-making machine. Their moneymaker is gone, and they closed the clinic.

I'll ask you again: What part of my statements lead you to the conclusion that I support Mark Shroeder for killing Dr. Tiller?
Are you pleased that the clinic has been closed down?

Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
But then again, every gangbanger would also have to be considered a domestic terrorist as well.
That's untrue, what political goals due gangbangers have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies