Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,043,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Sorry, but in real life, problems cant be solved in a 24-minute time slot.

Just be patient, and while you're waiting maybe try to learn something as to why the Obama Admin is doing what it's doing.
which are exactly the same things that were done the last 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
which are exactly the same things that were done the last 8 years.
yes indeed.....whatever you do, dont try to learn anything.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:12 AM

807 posts, read 1,300,323 times
Quote:

Just be patient, and while you're waiting maybe try to learn something as to why the Obama Admin is doing what it's doing.
*Yawn* Go back a couple of years and substitute the word "Obama" with "Bush".. Same Game..

Instead of engaging in partisan politics maybe the American people should come together and realize how badly we are being screwed by BOTH parties..

Old 06-10-2009, 09:12 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
Quote:

Good post. It leaves me intrigued with hope.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,330,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
None of the politicians answer to "We the People" instead "We the Special Interests".. Regardless of (D) or (R) Period!
Truer words have never been spoken.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:22 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,605,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
*Yawn* Go back a couple of years and substitute the word "Obama" with "Bush".. Same Game..

Instead of engaging in partisan politics maybe the American people should come together and realize how badly we are being screwed by BOTH parties..

DING DING DING...we have a winner!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
We are still at war. (thought that was suppose to end)
We are still in debt and now even further. (nothing new here)
UnEmployment is even higher (government can't create jobs they have no money anyway)
Bailouts keep coming and going (seems big business and corporations and big government ideas still live in washington no change here)

So what exactly is the change..
It may be impossible for many of you to get it but to draw a parallel: a building can be brought down in a matter of hours, and to expect anybody to rebuild it in a shorter time is simply being illogical. You don't see a difference, because that is the best excuse you've learned to live with.

Learn to keep your emotions aside and you just might gain a better perspective.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It may be impossible for many of you to get it but to draw a parallel: a building can be brought down in a matter of hours, and to expect anybody to rebuild it in a shorter time is simply being illogical. You don't see a difference, because that is the best excuse you've learned to live with.

Learn to keep your emotions aside and you just might gain a better perspective.
Well, their emotions are being worked by their instructors like a rented mule.

Great metaphor btw!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:28 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,673,464 times
Quote:

Real Life problems cant be fixed by government.
What I have learned is freedom at the cost of chains deserves a master.
The government is not my master and I refuse to be a slave to the state.
History is the best lesson to learn from and big government programs and spending doesnt solve anything.
Obama is teaching the old lines I have heard thru out history. Trust me, Trust Government, we will find a way to create money off the backs of working people. We say one thing and do another and most of all trust us with your money.
War on drugs, war on poverty, war on terrorism and or any other idealogy that believes you can fix social and economic differences with taxes and stealing from your paycheck is a doomed idealogy. I have benefited from a free mind, a free spirit, and a country that once believed in working for what you earned. Obama teaches if you work for what you earned you must be punished, taken down a notch and believes its his personal business. If government isnt done there they will just illegally wire tap my phones, my email, my personal life. Governent doesnt like people to be independent. Government doesnt like people to make it alone with out them. They think everyone needs to have the government give them something or nobody can do it alone. Not everyone is gifted with a bright mind, and not everyone is gifted to know how to spend and save. You can be the richest person tommorrow and waste it if your stupid. If your stupid and waste money on sneakers and not your rent why should I be punished and bail you out. If someone took on a house that you cant afford why should I bail them out. Obama and Bush have taught me something, if your irresponsible you are rewarded. If your company is run badly and cheats people we will bail you out. If you want anything we will just print money and who cares about the tax payer and the generations that will pay the debt.
That is what I have learned from Obama and Bush and this so called government.
If you are a responsible person who plays by the rules, who works and has a job and just tries to live his life, government is always finding new ways to ********* over.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Real Life problems cant be fixed by government.
What I have learned is freedom at the cost of chains deserves a master.
The government is not my master and I refuse to be a slave to the state.
History is the best lesson to learn from and big government programs and spending doesnt solve anything.
Obama is teaching the old lines I have heard thru out history. Trust me, Trust Government, we will find a way to create money off the backs of working people. We say one thing and do another and most of all trust us with your money.
War on drugs, war on poverty, war on terrorism and or any other idealogy that believes you can fix social and economic differences with taxes and stealing from your paycheck is a doomed idealogy. I have benefited from a free mind, a free spirit, and a country that once believed in working for what you earned. Obama teaches if you work for what you earned you must be punished, taken down a notch and believes its his personal business. If government isnt done there they will just illegally wire tap my phones, my email, my personal life. Governent doesnt like people to be independent. Government doesnt like people to make it alone with out them. They think everyone needs to have the government give them something or nobody can do it alone. Not everyone is gifted with a bright mind, and not everyone is gifted to know how to spend and save. You can be the richest person tommorrow and waste it if your stupid. If your stupid and waste money on sneakers and not your rent why should I be punished and bail you out. If someone took on a house that you cant afford why should I bail them out. Obama and Bush have taught me something, if your irresponsible you are rewarded. If your company is run badly and cheats people we will bail you out. If you want anything we will just print money and who cares about the tax payer and the generations that will pay the debt.
That is what I have learned from Obama and Bush and this so called government.
If you are a responsible person who plays by the rules, who works and has a job and just tries to live his life, government is always finding new ways to ********* over.
This is all government, not just Obama's or governments under a D pres. St. Ron didnt do us any favors, either, and in fact started the present deficit ball rolling.

as for "problems cant be fixed by the government" -- that's a pat reply. A lot of people got rich(er) as a direct result of the Bush tax cuts, for instance . The Obama Admin is trying to fix the problems it inherited and avert the disaster that was heading our way. Just be patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies