U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:13 PM

20,357 posts, read 13,885,611 times

Advertisements

David Letterman has become a poster child for the spiteful, vicious, hateful, and just plain mean liberals who make up the political left in this country. I do not buy the “he is just a comedian” defense of what Letterman said, because he hides behind the veil of comedy to attack a fine woman and her young daughter, for no other reason then he disagrees with her political views.

Quote:
“What a commentary there,” Palin said of the comment during an interview on conservative host John Ziegler’s Los Angeles-based radio show “That’s pretty pathetic, good ole David Letterman.”

In a follow up to Palin’s weekend trip to New York, Letterman’s “Top Ten” list on Monday featured “highlights of Sarah Palin’s trip to New York.” Number two on the list was “bought makeup at Bloomingdale’s to update her ‘slutty flight attendant’ look.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23536.html#ixzz0I4BJaXlR&D
Since the above link is from the Politico, you did not get the full story of how disgusting Letterman was, look at the video here. Sarah Palin was with her 13 or 14 year old daughter Willow, who was born in 1995, so Letterman is making a joke about the rape of a young girl. Whatever happened to the "Chelsea Clinton Rule", I guess it does not apply to the children of republicans.

The Greenroom Forum Archive It Might Not Be the Best Idea for David Letterman to Joke About Underage Girls Being Raped

I’m waiting for the liberals to defend Letterman’s disgusting joke, and help solidify my opinion of liberals, as mean spirited, vindictive, small-minded and hypocritical, partisan hacks.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:17 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,755,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
David Letterman has become a poster child for the spiteful, vicious, hateful, and just plain mean liberals who make up the political left in this country. I do not buy the “he is just a comedian” defense of what Letterman said, because he hides behind the veil of comedy to attack a fine woman and her young daughter, for no other reason then he disagrees with her political views.

Since the above link is from the Politico, you did not get the full story of how disgusting Letterman was, look at the video here. Sarah Palin was with her 13 or 14 year old daughter Willow, who was born in 1995, so Letterman is making a joke about the rape of a young girl. Whatever happened to the "Chelsea Clinton Rule", I guess it does not apply to the children of republicans.

The Greenroom Forum Archive It Might Not Be the Best Idea for David Letterman to Joke About Underage Girls Being Raped

I’m waiting for the liberals to defend Letterman’s disgusting joke, and help solidify my opinion of liberals, as mean spirited, vindictive, small-minded and hypocritical, partisan hacks.
What? He was talking about Sarah Palin's "slutty flight attendant look".

Completely right on btw!

Okay, "Her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez". Well, ugly and in bad taste, but it's a pretty thin news day in th eright wing blogosphere to try to make a big deal of this.

Are they trying to direct attention away from the Holocaust Museum shootings?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:17 PM

12,760 posts, read 8,806,763 times
Just another example of classless liberal entertainer. Of course the libs wont say anything.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:19 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,886,339 times
What was the rape joke? I can't pull up that link... the slutty flight attendant joke was thoroughly appropriate.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:21 PM

297 posts, read 309,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, you're out of luck. Although I heard nothing about "rape", that was still an inappropriate joke.
Minor children of politicians should always be off limits from politics, period. Adult children of politicians should remain off limits as well unless they begin actively participating in politics.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:22 PM

26,529 posts, read 25,030,074 times
Oh my god. This thread is based on nothing but someone's imagination. What a waste of bytes.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:22 PM

19,521 posts, read 20,910,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
Well, you're out of luck. Although I heard nothing about "rape", that was still an inappropriate joke.
Minor children of politicians should always be off limits from politics, period. Adult children of politicians should remain off limits as well unless they begin actively participating in politics.
How about bastard children -- like Letterman's?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:23 PM

965 posts, read 867,071 times
Alex Rodriguez has sex with people he shouldn't (cheated on his wife), while Sarah Palin's teenage daughter got pregnant. He's a comedian - he worked both of these into a joke. It was somewhat funny, and I chuckled a little bit.

This joke wasn't disgusting, mean spirited, vindictive, small-minded, hypocritical, etc. Like most of what Letterman says, it was mildly funny.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:25 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,290,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
I completely agree. Now I wonder if Lettermen will apologize for this (hopefully) lapse of judgement on his part or will he make a 'retarded' joke next for the baby?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:26 PM

7,178 posts, read 6,472,651 times
do normal people still wach that idiot good grief! i have no tv and dont want one. where is NOW ? if sarra was my mom me and my bros would be paying him a social call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies