U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:22 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,372,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"partial birth" is not a medical term. It's a term invented by the Christian Right. There is no such thing, one is either born or not born, an in-between doesn't exist.
A fetus is in the womb. Once that fetus departs the womb it's a baby and starts a life. So the term "unborn" is also not a medical term.
It's just as absurd as saying that all living people are undead.
Partial birth is a totally correct descriptive term, medical or not. And, yes, it is an in-between state. The baby is allowed to enter the birth process until it is almost completed. When all but the head remains in the birth canal, the baby is killed. Medical jargon doesn't change the reality that this is a living being and that its life is being terminated. The law doesn't change that facts either, it just calls it "legal".

Babies born prematurely - even very prematurely - have good chance of survival with current advances in medicine. A baby born prematurely, say at 26weeks, goes from being called a 26-week"fetus" pre birth to a 26-week "baby" in an instant, post-birth?

Nonsense. Semantics are just a smokescreen. Late term/partial birth abortion may be legal, but it's still killing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 AM

3,646 posts, read 9,597,245 times
It's unborn "offspring" then? So none of you pro-"choice" folks have a problem with someone killing their child say the day BEFORE it's due date? After all, it's still just an "unborn fetus", right? What if it's a 12 year old who just realized she's pregnant and is in labor and thinks maybe the daddy is HER daddy? Then it's okay, right?

Using incest victims in an attempt to justify the murder of an infant is wrong. Using rape victims to justify murder is also wrong.

But some just won't be convinced. That's okay... it's not my job to convince them.

It is said that God uses all things for good. Even abortion. As it's been said, the majority of folks having abortions/ believing it's okay are liberals.

So... maybe they'll murder themselves into extinction.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 AM

34,593 posts, read 33,579,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Oh bah!
Like Germany has a reputation for respecting life with all of the innocent people you gassed.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:29 AM

16,935 posts, read 22,202,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Like Germany has a reputation for respecting life with all of the innocent people you gassed.
The abortion laws in Germany are much more restrictive than the U.S. now though...

Old 06-12-2009, 08:02 AM

14,969 posts, read 14,174,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
partial birth abortion may be legal, but it's still killing.
Partial birth abortion is illegal under federal law and also under many state laws.

US CODE: Title 18,1531. Partial-birth abortions prohibited

Any abortion after the 20th-24th week is also illegal in most states, with some exceptions allowed for extreme circumstances.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,394,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yep, this OP is proof positive that the left has just as many nutcases as the right.
Is this new news? Truthfully...I'd be uncomfortable at either extreme.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 PM

341 posts, read 360,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
It's unborn "offspring" then? So none of you pro-"choice" folks have a problem with someone killing their child say the day BEFORE it's due date? After all, it's still just an "unborn fetus", right? What if it's a 12 year old who just realized she's pregnant and is in labor and thinks maybe the daddy is HER daddy? Then it's okay, right?
ABSOLUTELY. She can sleep at night in peace knowing that she did nothing wrong. God feels her pain and understands her decision in this situation.

Quote:
Using incest victims in an attempt to justify the murder of an infant is wrong. Using rape victims to justify murder is also wrong.
Are you telling me that people who are raped and terminate their pregnancy are murderers? Hmm...I surely hope not. Whatever you do..don't go out into a crowd and say that unless you want to be ridiculed. Keep it to yourself..in shame. Because it's a VERY shameful thought of you.

Quote:
It is said that God uses all things for good. Even abortion. As it's been said, the majority of folks having abortions/ believing it's okay are liberals.

So... maybe they'll murder themselves into extinction.

Not me. I'm a convservative that found myself in an awful situation. I don't always believe an abortion is "ok"..but I cannot make choices for other women and/or judge them because you have NO way of knowing what they are going through.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:34 PM

341 posts, read 360,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
You won't stop. You love having someone to hate, or else you wouldn't visit abortion threads.

I've had an abortion.

HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME, HATE ME.

There. Are you satisfied? Can you go to sleep tonight knowing you've done something good and pure and right?
Seriously right? I can't help but to roll my eyes at some of the hypocritical ignorance displayed in this thread.

I am so tired of having to repeat myselves over and over to these self-righteous blockheads.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:26 PM

86,883 posts, read 102,281,764 times
Quote:
So none of you pro-"choice" folks have a problem with someone killing their child say the day BEFORE it's due date?
I haven't heard anyone on this board say they think it's OK to have an abortion right up until the due date.

Speaking for myself, no, I don't like late-term abortions. It may come as some surpised to some of you anti-everything folks that we "libs" can tolerate some differences in opinion. I have long said you don't have to be rabidly "pro-life" to find late-term abortions distasteful. I would probably go for it only in cases of severe fetal abnormality that had not been detected sooner. If the mother's life/health is in danger, I think it appropriate to try to save the baby late in pregnancy.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM

19,250 posts, read 17,399,801 times
Oreilly just tore apart a woman from Salon. com in a debate on late term abortion and that abortion doctors murder. Rhetoric never wins against facts and common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or