Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:58 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum333 View Post

I am a Christian, and I find it hypocritical and DISGUSTING that people can praise this in the name of GOD. Shame on you.
Thank you for that statement! Rep to you, a true Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
"Baby" Killers WIN!

Woo Hoo this is a great day for the baby killers! More dead babies! More dead babies! Mmm give me some death!

Clearly demented to celebrate third trimester abortion even if you are pro abortion. This society is regressing to when people were like animals.
Like animals? You mean like yesterday?

341 posts, read 452,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I am pro-life.

It blows my mind that someone would even CONSIDER 3rd term abortion, much less try to use the argument that it's okay "only in cases of rape, incest"... did the woman in question just learn after 6 months of pregnancy that she was raped? Did the fact that her father did it just occur to her at 6 months?

Far fetched rationalization for murder of a child who COULD survive on it's own outside of the womb.

A few women that I know who had 3rd trimester abortions were in a dire medical situation. One was raped from the age of 4 to 13, by her half brother. She had no idea what was really going on with her body. Her half-brother began to threaten her to "take care of it"...so she , back in the 80s, went to an illegal ab. doctor. Her friend took her. They were young and naive. Suprisingly, she lived in Kansas (random).

The man who performed her abortion took her little baby girl out of her womb, at 26 weeks, and laid her on his kitchen counter after allowing her to hold the baby for a few seconds. She blacked out from the pain and he, later, was angry and rushed the young girls out of the house.

Her uterus is permanently damaged from this abortion. She found out later in her 20s when she became pregnant by her fiance and kept miscarrying.

That's just ONE story. It would break your heart if you knew the rest. Most 3rd trimester abortions are for VERY severe situations...not at all for what some of you are thinking.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Thank you for that statement! Rep to you, a true Christian.

Thank You. I just wish that this generation didn't see Christians as hypocritical right-wingers..and I detest it when other Christians make us look this way.

It's hard enough being a Christian..but to praise God in the name of a
judgemental murder & act like a bunch of crazies...is sad.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Maybe your wife didnt tell you...

Of course, you're kidding...

You don't seem to have a clue how easy it is to conceal an abortion do you? It's something that some people take to their graves, moreso those who oppose it.
Some may have made a big mistake (probably by aborting as a mean of contraception vs rape or incest, regret it, and want to fight others to not do it.)
I know a lady who is on the fence about abortion; you ask why?

Because at the time she was pregnant, she got pregnant for a Puerto Rican and her parents were racists, and her having to bring a Latino/mixed baby into the world was a no no...She regrets it, but did it at the time. She regrets being so weak and not going along with the pregnancy. The irony of it all was that years later on she went to marry the guy (married till this day). Her parents had issues with it...so be it. But sad as it is, she made a bad choice at a young age, and it haunts her. That's just one perspective I am bringing to the table.

Every case is different, so to those who are against abortion without cause, get off your high horses.

1) Am I for abortion? NO.

2) Am I for the right to a woman to chose depending on situation? YES. Simple as that.

To some idiots: Being pro choice is not pro abortion. I am pro choice, but not pro abortion.

If it were up to me, I'd promote safety, education and if need be help with birth control. You'd see how there would be less issues with abortion, unwanted pregnancies, and issues alike.
Get the terms right, understand the other side, then the arguments will diminish.

SPOT ON. Most of my gfs, who have had abortions, haven't told their guys.

Also....your last paragraph. BRILLIANT.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Maybe your wife didnt tell you...
Like I said, body language and the person's overall level of honesty tells you more than you need to know about them. That's true no matter how many grin icons you want to paste.

Quote:

You don't seem to have a clue how easy it is to conceal an abortion do you? It's something that some people take to their graves, moreso those who oppose it.
When you find more than one anecdotal case concerning this, wake me up. Lots of people are dumb and ignorant, and may not even care. I also am very laid back and appear on the surface to be very open about social matters. This allows the girl I'm dating to "open up" with me. You'd be surprised at what you'd hear coming out of their mouths, especially after a few drinks or a joint (aka truth serum). Yeah, based on the fact that I've caught a few women in a lie and even one who cried about having an abortion and begged me to stay with her after it "leaked out", I'm VERY comfortable knowing that my filtering process is about as reliable as the pill (something these abortion recipients should've thought about too )

Old 06-11-2009, 02:03 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Iraqi/Afghanistan babies are different as they have little chance of being Christian and are more than likely brown. If we use our tax money to blow them to bits, or simply blow their limbs off, it's perfectly ok because that's what happens when we spread freedom.
Sh*t howdy. I may have found someone who is more cynical than myself. Tanks!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Like I said, body language and the person's overall level of honesty tells you more than you need to know about them. That's true no matter how many grin icons you want to paste.

When you find more than one anecdotal case concerning this, wake me up. Lots of people are dumb and ignorant, and may not even care. I also am very laid back and appear on the surface to be very open about social matters. This allows the girl I'm dating to "open up" with me. You'd be surprised at what you'd hear coming out of their mouths, especially after a few drinks or a joint (aka truth serum). Yeah, based on the fact that I've caught a few women in a lie and even one who cried about having an abortion and begged me to stay with her after it "leaked out", I'm VERY comfortable knowing that my filtering process is about as reliable as the pill (something these abortion recipients should've thought about too )

In re: filtering process.

So you break up with girls once they admit having an abortion?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
In re: filtering process.

So you break up with girls once they admit having an abortion?
Quicker than a NY minute. Only had to do it once though.

This really belongs in the relationship section.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Thank You. I just wish that this generation didn't see Christians as hypocritical right-wingers..and I detest it when other Christians make us look this way.

It's hard enough being a Christian..but to praise God in the name of a
judgemental murder & act like a bunch of crazies...is sad.
Like most religions Christianity can produce warm hearted, compassionate (See deleted thread, apparently I'm not supposed to question the meaning of "compassionate") human beings. One of my closest friends is a father figure who has his beliefs deep rooted in Christianity. While I may disagree with him on many social issues, he never once would advocate violence in the name of his religion (or any religion) or excuse himself from being a compassionate human being because others simply don't think the way he does.

My problem here is that I see a group of people who call themselves Christians advocating some really horrible stuff. Including but not limited to murder of those they feel don't follow their line of thinking. I fully understand that this does not represent the teachings of Jesus Christ, or the religion as a whole, but on the other hand I've yet to see many come forward to stay otherwise (you are one of the exceptions.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies