U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Support the act below?
Yes 23 24.21%
No 72 75.79%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 PM

19,891 posts, read 16,268,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Really, wow...so the news got it wrong, the sound bites of him saying are fake...yeah, okay...I know what he said I heard it.

This has been done to death. But I will reprise it for your benefit. One post no back and forth. Here is the transcript.

Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails

Since I suspect you will not read it I will summarize it. Rush hopes he fails because he doesn't agree with his ideology. He hopes Obama fails to impement his policies. Just as the left hoped GW would fail to implement his policies because they disagreed with him and didn't think they were best for the county. This is known as politics.

Last edited by shorebaby; 06-11-2009 at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 10:24 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,089,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This has been done to death. But I will reprise it for your benefit. One post no back and forth. Here is the transcript.

Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails

Since I suspect you will not read it I will summarize it. Rush hopes he fails because he doesn't agree with his ideology. He hopes Obama fails to impement his policies. Just as the left hoped GW would fail to implement his policies because they disagreed with him and didn't think they were best for the county. This is known as politics.
I do agree with Limbaugh on some things...I do hope that some of Obama's policies fail. But it still sounds to me like he wants him to fail overall. A President can adapt as things come at him, I am sure Bush didnt plan on us getting attacked...I am sure that the attack changed or added some of his policies. We haven t even given Obama a chance, and we need to. If he fails so be it. But when has the general population ever agreed on a presidnet being good?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:28 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,430,969 times
Quote:
If there was an petition/law that you could sign/vote on that would suppress religious activities and make them only allowed to be practiced in a church or the privacy of your their own home or private property but not in the general public, would you? Why?
NO, see our first amendment, along with our founding fathers views on Religion and Religious rights.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 PM

3,109 posts, read 8,693,896 times
Quote:
Really, wow...so the news got it wrong, the sound bites of him saying are fake...yeah, okay...I know what he said I heard it.
Are you talking about the slanted leftest communist news on ABC, NBC and CBS? Yea, they got it wrong!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,089,118 times
well, Since when has any media source told the whole story? lol News media is the worst case of miss worded plagiarism.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:26 AM

5,560 posts, read 4,960,568 times
Freedom is difficult for many, it doesnt fit in there little worlds of control.
We have to control the religious people who talk or have open prayer..
We have to control peoples sexual preferences and public affection
We have to control how much you make, where you live, what you say, how you say it
What music you listen to, what art you create or see.
To many people to concerned about damaging their little minds with words like open thought, free thinking and possiblities.
If you dont like something fine, no reason to run and tell the world and finding people in power to help you stamp it out.
Society will move on, its the stupid people who cant let somethings go I have a problem with.
If they arent stealing money from you, if they arent hurting you, and if they are get special benefits WHO CARES.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 AM

19,126 posts, read 26,583,920 times
Quote:
Wow you have to look at a cross, how do you make it through ther day?!

Where I used to live, some people purchased a house right on the freeway (HWY 101 going the length of California) and erected a 30 ft cross overlooking the freeway. I was irritated, yes, but it's their private property to do with what they wish. Now, on the flip side there were a bunch of billboards put on not too long ago that said 'Don't believe in god? You're not alone.' and put a phone number up to a local 'Atheistic' group.

Those got taken down fairly quickly. How is that fair? Crosses are okay, but if you even imply that god might not exist people freak out and demand the thing to be removed.

That's what I don't like.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM

19,891 posts, read 16,268,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Where I used to live, some people purchased a house right on the freeway (HWY 101 going the length of California) and erected a 30 ft cross overlooking the freeway. I was irritated, yes, but it's their private property to do with what they wish. Now, on the flip side there were a bunch of billboards put on not too long ago that said 'Don't believe in god? You're not alone.' and put a phone number up to a local 'Atheistic' group.

Those got taken down fairly quickly. How is that fair? Crosses are okay, but if you even imply that god might not exist people freak out and demand the thing to be removed.

That's what I don't like.
I don't understand why a cross would bother you?

I am sure no one forced the athiest group to take down their billboard.

Believe me when I tell you very few people cares what anybody else believes. This inot Saudi Arabia.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM

19,126 posts, read 26,583,920 times
Quote:

Believe me when I tell you very few people cares what anybody else believes. This inot Saudi Arabia.

It wasn't the actual cross that bothered me, it was the fact that it was overlooking a very very public freeway. And yes, in San Bernadino, CA there were billboards that said 'Imagine no religion' and they were taken down due to complaints. I believe there was also a case in Texas as well, but I could be wrong.

Lots of people care what others believe, if they didn't, the Atheist billboard wouldn't have been a problem, right?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,595,246 times
Quote:

There have been quite a few instances where atheist groups have been pressured to remove displays, denied the right to erect displays and even had their displays vandalized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies