U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 PM
 
1,091 posts, read 3,296,296 times
Reputation: 1040

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Eh, it is 1:22 in the morning I have nothing better to do.

And still no support.

A sad testament to your quality of life.
Will you have it chiseled on your headstone, do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,311,417 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
The gender discrepancies are slight. A matter of a couple of points one way or the other.
The real gaps are between races and socio-economic classes, and I've never "moved the goalposts"; I've said so from the beginning.
I'm going to bed soon, but I must have missed it. Please let me know which post specified wealthy white males. By my account it was computer literate, then college graduates, then white middle class, now wealthy white males.

And this still doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,311,417 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane72 View Post
a sad testament to your quality of life.
Will you have it chiseled on your headstone, do you think?
Nah, I'll go with "iq 135"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 PM
 
Location: Illinois
2,415 posts, read 2,424,467 times
Reputation: 336
Default Fondling begets foundling

this retarded person belongs in a confined institution but it is Not just Texas...This activity must be checked............today it does not seem a big problem but it is. It is not possible to fix quickly and maybe not at all , it is a contagious disease, passed down bad behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 PM
 
1,091 posts, read 3,296,296 times
Reputation: 1040
Your argument was that an IQ of 100 was "average".
Mine was that it's more 'median" than "average", seeing as how the extremely vast majority of middle-class and affluent whites fall well above it and the vast majority of poor folks and people of color fall below it.
Well above, in the first case, and well below, in the second.

The actual number 100 is not really very representative of anyone's IQ, therefore hardly "average".
Just a median.
I further claimed that most of us here probably have IQs of around 115, since we're all computer literate: a criteria I chose because it's all I know for sure about all of us, one that indicates to me that we're 1. literate, 2. at least semi-educated, 3. not living in an alley behind a dumpster, since we can all afford or otherwise access computers.

Closing the Black/White IQ Gap?: James Flynn and Charles Murray search for a solution. - Reason Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM
 
2,105 posts, read 1,194,980 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nah, I'll go with iq 135
You don't expect us to believe this without a link, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,311,417 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Your argument was that an IQ of 100 was "average".
Mine was that it's more 'median" than "average", seeing as how the extremely vast majority of middle-class and affluent whites fall well above it and the vast majority of poor folks and people of color fall below it.
Well above, in the first case, and well below, in the second.

The actual number 100 is not really very representative of anyone's IQ, therefore hardly "average".
Just a median.
I further claimed that most of us here probably have IQs of around 115, since we're all computer literate: a criteria I chose because it's all I know for sure about all of us, one that indicates to me that we're 1. literate, 2. at least semi-educated, 3. not living in an alley behind a dumpster, since we can all afford or otherwise access computers.

Every source I have been able to find describes the average IQ as 100. You continue to make assertions you can't support. Your own graph doesn't show whites with iq'a well above 100, merely around 105. And this data is suspect in any event.

Few people in this forum have demonstrated an iq above average. I do not think it requires more than an average IQ to procure a computer, plug it in and type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,311,417 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
You don't expect us to believe this without a link, do you?
Nope, I didn't state it as fact. I said it was what I wanted on my tombstone. but you do get an A for effort.

My IQ is much higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:44 PM
 
1,091 posts, read 3,296,296 times
Reputation: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope, I didn't state it as fact. I said it was what I wanted on my tombstone. but you do get an A for effort.

My IQ is much higher.

I really don't think you're impressing anyone, if that's your intent.
Are you going to address the information in the links I've posted?
This non-debate is rapidly ceasing to interest me, and it's drifted far off-topic, besides.
It will no doubt be erased by little elves while we sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,311,417 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I really don't think you're impressing anyone, if that's your intent.
Are you going to address the information in the links I've posted?
This non-debate is rapidly ceasing to interest me, and it's drifted far off-topic, besides.
It will no doubt be erased by little elves while we sleep.
Nighty night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top