U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:14 AM

14,969 posts, read 14,210,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
where he'll be raped and brutalized daily isn't justice in my opinion.
He's already been sexually assaulted in the county jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 AM

1,561 posts, read 1,659,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think people missed the bigger issue on the topic.

Even if the man was a genius, does anyone think 100 years is appropriate for the crime?

No, the appropriate punishment would be the electric chair.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Yet another instance illustrating how broken the system is when it comes to sex offenders... Not much different to me than sexting. we have a bunch of hideous prosecutors looking to make a name for themselves than serving justice or the people. How sad for him. I'll be surprised if he actually lives through the prison system. guess the right wingers will get what they want then ....another pedophile dead.
Why the shot on conservatives? No one with a brain thinks this kid should go to prison. He should be institutionalized.

Besides, us conservatives are the ones that are right on the issue of child molestors. We want them executed. Libs want to "empathize" with them and "rehabilitate" them.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM

4,406 posts, read 5,466,161 times
Quote:
Why the shot on conservatives? No one with a brain thinks this kid should go to prison. He should be institutionalized.

Besides, us conservatives are the ones that are right on the issue of child molestors. We want them executed. Libs want to "empathize" with them and "rehabilitate" them.
I was molested at the age of 4 and 44 years later, it's still an issue for me. But I have more of a heart than to think that executing my perpetrator would have accomplished anything. And I still know that individual. If you cannot empathize with someone else, you have no right to pass judgment on them, much less claim that you're correct in ordering their execution. Your heartlessness is just as big a crime as the molestation.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:43 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,210,453 times
Quote:
Besides, us conservatives are the ones that are right on the issue of child molestors. We want them executed.
This conservative does not want child molestors executed.

Think about this logically rather than emotionally. Someone can get the DP for murder or, under your hypothetical scenario, for molesting a child. So let's say Bob has just molested 6-year-old Suzie. He has the option of killing her or keeping her alive. If he can get the DP for either, what motivation does he have to not kill her? If he went ahead and killed her, she wouldn't be around to report either the sexual abuse or the murder.

If you support the DP for sex crimes, you support children who have already suffered enormously by terrible abuse suffering even more by death. Plain and simple.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I was molested at the age of 4 and 44 years later, it's still an issue for me. But I have more of a heart than to think that executing my perpetrator would have accomplished anything. And I still know that individual. If you cannot empathize with someone else, you have no right to pass judgment on them, much less claim that you're correct in ordering their execution. Your heartlessness is just as big a crime as the molestation.

I'm terribly sorry that you had to experience that. I can't imagine going through such a traumatic event. Someone close to me was raped several decades ago and it still affects her. If I had the chance I'd kill the rapist with my bare hands in a blink of an eye. It would be justice and it would prevent him from committing the same crime again.

The reason that molestors and rapists should be executed it to keep them from committing the same crime over and over. Most of these types seem to be serial offenders and live only to find more victims. How many times do we hear about a child killer having prior convictions for rape or sexual assault? Quite often. John Couey in Florida is an example. Had he been executed or given LWOP that little girl would be alive.

I can forego execution so long as they were locked up for life but we all know "life in prison" never really means they are locked away forever.

These types CANNOT be redeemed or treated.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This conservative does not want child molestors executed.

Think about this logically rather than emotionally. Someone can get the DP for murder or, under your hypothetical scenario, for molesting a child. So let's say Bob has just molested 6-year-old Suzie. He has the option of killing her or keeping her alive. If he can get the DP for either, what motivation does he have to not kill her? If he went ahead and killed her, she wouldn't be around to report either the sexual abuse or the murder.

If you support the DP for sex crimes, you support children who have already suffered enormously by terrible abuse suffering even more by death. Plain and simple.
If they got LWOP I'd be OK so long as that really meant LIFE and not 5 years.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,243,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
PARIS, Texas (AP) - A teenager who has profound mental disabilities was sentenced to 100 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges in a sex abuse case involving his 6-year-old neighbor.

Aaron Hart, 18, of Paris, was arrested and charged after a neighbor found him fondling her stepson in September. The teen pleaded guilty to five counts, including aggravated sexual assault and indecency by contact, and a jury decided his punishment.

Lamar County Judge Eric Clifford decided to stack the sentences against Hart after jurors settled on two five-year terms and three 30-year terms, The Dallas Morning News reported Wednesday. The judge said neither he nor jurors liked the idea of prison for Hart but they felt there was no other option.

Teen with 47 IQ gets 100 years in sex case - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas justice - I guess.
He is 18 and a legal adult. I am glad he is behind bars.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:17 PM

3,854 posts, read 3,742,479 times
Quote:
I'm terribly sorry that you had to experience that. I can't imagine going through such a traumatic event. Someone close to me was raped several decades ago and it still affects her. If I had the chance I'd kill the rapist with my bare hands in a blink of an eye. It would be justice and it would prevent him from committing the same crime again.

The reason that molestors and rapists should be executed it to keep them from committing the same crime over and over. Most of these types seem to be serial offenders and live only to find more victims. How many times do we hear about a child killer having prior convictions for rape or sexual assault? Quite often. John Couey in Florida is an example. Had he been executed or given LWOP that little girl would be alive.

I can forego execution so long as they were locked up for life but we all know "life in prison" never really means they are locked away forever.

These types CANNOT be redeemed or treated.
LWOP means EXACTLY THAT. LIFE without parole EVER.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM

3,854 posts, read 3,742,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
He is 18 and a legal adult. I am glad he is behind bars.
Ahhh, yet again, a simple world for the simple minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies