Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,325,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Read the whole case, not some blogs "limited customized view".
(Sanchez is still a first class jerk*, but there is more to the whole story).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 05:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,684,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Read the whole case, not some blogs "limited customized view".
(Sanchez is still a first class jerk*, but there is more to the whole story).

He was drunk, hit a guy with his car, the guy died. What did I miss?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
He was drunk, hit a guy with his car, the guy died. What did I miss?

The guy (drunk and high) jumped out of a moving vehicle in traffic. anyone would have hit him, drunk or not. so no charges on the 1990 accident or death, just another DUI. minor details i know, not exactly headline news around any NFL staduim or NASCAR event.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The guy (drunk and high) jumped out of a moving vehicle in traffic. anyone would have hit him, drunk or not. so no charges. minor details i know.

So how does that change what I said?

To say that a sober person would have killed the vitim as well is quite a leap. Although I am sure yopu can prove that, being such a stickler.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
So how does that change what I said?

To say that a sober person would have killed the vitim as well is quite a leap. Although I am sure yopu can prove that, being such a stickler.
It's not what I say, it's what the police and prosecutor said.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah I did leave out that he left the scene. Quite a guy.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Oh great where is the link of them saying anyone would have killed the guy and left the scene?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah I did leave out that he left the scene. Quite a guy.

I said he's a jerk.......(and still is today)

But the whole discussion was on if Shep Smith's 10 year old case, was a controversy today.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:55 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,707,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Here is that double standard again. Who the H*LL is the crazy leftie!!!!

Shep Smith attacks another journalist

Fox News Channel anchor Shepard Smith will go unpunished for what police say was aggravated assault with a motor vehicle.

On Friday, Nov. 17, during the Florida presidential election fiasco, Smith was arrested for allegedly driving his car into another reporter who was standing in a parking space she attempted to save for a friend.

The victim, freelance journalist Maureen Walsh of Tallahassee, was hospitalized and released later the same day with bruises on her knees and legs.
According to Sgt. Edwin Maxwell, Walsh was standing across the street from the state capitol when Smith drove up and "shouted some profanities at her and basically just struck her, striking her at the knees, which threw her up on the car," he told the St. Petersburg Times.

Smith, who used to be a reporter for 20th Century Television's "A Current Affair," was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a motor vehicle.
The felony charge came with a $10,000 bail price tag, which Smith produced so he could return to work.
The story, while reported briefly by local publications and wire reports, quickly fell off the media's radar.

Fox's Shepard Smith goes unpunished
You would not care if he worked for NBC...........YIKES......there is another side to this story. Tell it.......

Old 06-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
You would not care if he worked for NBC...........YIKES......there is another side to this story. Tell it.......

Mi would have shouted up a bigger storm if he did. (of course the "title":Shep Smith attacks another journalist with his car" makes it sound like he does this daily). The outrage, is because, as a FoxNews host, he broke the 1st rule of blind loyalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies