U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 02:36 PM

5,560 posts, read 4,961,156 times

Advertisements

What does everyone want?

Keep in mind nothing is free, nothing.
I think we shall leave out of this conversation the current president and past president and the congress.
I want freedom. It doesnt require anything from anyone and it doesnt steal from anymore.

I want everyone in this country to keep the money they earn.
Example if your working get a paycheck for labor, services etc .. normal 9-5 etc job. or part time doesnt matter. You will not see any money taken via the federal government income tax.

We will would still see the withdraw for SS and medicare etc but they would become voluntary after the first 5 years. Then they would stay afloat via donations or those who planned on using them later in life.

So the poor, middle and rich keep what they earn. I find this a fair system for all. Nobody is being punished and or given special treatment in anyway.

People want healthcare ..

Healthcare will never be "free" because someone via government or else where via taxes will be paying for it. In that system I see no checks and balances to keep costs under control if the money is taken via force to pay for neverending sub-standard care. Free clinics, Religious and other non profit charites should take up this task because they actually care about helping people. Again not requiring me to do anything and not stealing from anyone. I choose the type of care I want, via paying for it in the current system insurance, job etc or find non profit solutions.
I also want all meds and drugs available to the consumers.
I would have recommend and trail drugs available and people how know the risks and the companies would know the responsiblity.

Social and religious differences.. Right and left fight over the idealogies that can't not be regulated in a free society nor should they.
If gays want to marry let them... if you want the freedom to pray to jesus your going to have to accept other people just as they must accept your freedoms. Individuals must be protected not groups or certain religious practices.
I dont always agree with everything but I know if i want to live in a free country my rights are secure just as others are. We dont need federal laws for this its protected in the constitution. Any other social causes and or civil rights in the year 2009 have to be reviewed in the court of law and not in halls of washington. Individual rights are protected but only if they are threatened, or harmed in a way via violence. If your voting to protect your sexual preference via government then you dont understand the role of government and the constitution.

War
Our interests need to be local to this country not around the world. If businesses want to do business in parts of the region that are dangerous the business will suffer not american families and our soliders. We will defend our freedom not the worlds and not business interests. Bring troops home let them be ready to defend our borders, our country and serve proudly. If we are not attacked no reason to attack. Let all enemies of the untied states know, we wish to do business and trade with all nations. We wish to have no alliances with anyone. If you attack us we will defend ourselves with the greatest miltary on earth. If we want to use OIL businesses should think about working with countries that are free. Shutdown all the bases around the world, we can hit any target we want at anytime. Keep the navy subs international waters as need be.

Foreign Aid.
No tax dollars will be spent on any countries.
That includes weapons, food, meds.
Charities etc can feed the world, aids etc its not the job of the united states govenrment.

Drugs
I hate drugs but really its the person who is doing the drugs that is the problem. We have a war on drugs.. not going so well. Every person can get drugs anytime. If they arent from the local dealer you can get them via internet etc. We waste more time on trying to find drugs and dealers when it really isnt needed. I think the message should be dont do drugs.
If you use drugs you wont go to jail, if you sell drugs you wont go to jail.
If you something illegal while on drugs you get the full punishment and worse for knowing how irresponsible you will be will on them.
Drugs will ruin your life and that message will be clear once people realize if they do something stupid they will pay for it.

Guns
Weapons in the hands of the miltary can defend a nation.
Weapons in the hands of police and protect the officer and the innocent.
Weapons in the hands of father to protect his family from the robber, and a government gone crazy could be the difference between freedom and death.
Guns are needed to secure a individuals freedom and defend personal property.
Once you take away that security your freedom is gone.
People should own guns nothing else to discuss.

Bailouts
Companies employ people and we want them to be succussfully and grow.
Tax payers can not be responsible for companies practices and possible mismanagement.
Bailouts via tax dollars is completely unethical and promotes corruption and other issues that need to be corrected by failures.
I find it disturbing the reasons on which people will make excuses as to why we would even let it happen.
If you wish to do business you shall reap the benefits and deal with the failures.
GM and all the banks should have failed, others will replace them.

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 06-11-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies