U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,869,017 times
Reputation: 939

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Her idiot mommy? So what? You hate palin - fine. Skewer her to your hearts content, but why call her daughter a skank? How is that even remotely fair? Or don't you care about fair?
Please show me a link where Letterman said the Palin daughter was a skank. He said "knocked up" which the older daughter was, which is why he was referring to her. Sarah Palin threw her younger daughter under the bus for the publicity and you droolers have run with it...another lie that is.

David Letterman: The Response (The TV Zone) - Newsday.com

"We were, as we often do, making jokes about
people in the news and we made some jokes about
Sarah Palin and her daughter, the 18-year-old
girl, who is – her name is Bristol, that's
right, and so, then, now they're upset with me…"

"These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old
daughter. I would never, never make jokes about
raping or having sex of any description with a
14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record.
It has never happened. I don't think it's funny.
I would never think it was funny. I wouldn't
put it in a joke…"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,509,470 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh come on, the spit lick was cute - isn't your cold liberal heart big enough to admit that?

But where Letterman went wrong is that he said palin and her dd went to the game blah blah blah. The only dd at the game was the 14 year old one. If, and to me this is a big if, Letterman meant to imply the 18 year old dd was a wh*re then he should have made sure that was the dd at the game. But if you think about it - how is implying anyones dd is a wh*re acceptable or funny?
Where did Letterman imply Bristol was a W---- ?

he just said Alex Somebody "knocked her up".


You think women who get pregnant are all W-----S ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,262,270 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
I can hardly wait until the 2012 election cycle and seeing this twit Palin out there on the trail. Really looking forward to late night comedy too! Palin is her own worst enemy. Giving us Libs plenty of fodder for her campaign. Do love that interview with her and the turkey being ground up by that auger (poor turkey though) you can bet that will make the ads, one of many. Can always count on that video of Palin and her witch doctor, she truly is a nut and she's republican, two peas in a pod.
Exactly! Palin is her own worst enemy and god knows that there is a plethora of material for any comedian to tap. So why keep picking on her kids? If nothing else one would think the left would have at least a little sympathy for them to have Palin as their mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,262,270 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Please show me a link where Letterman said the Palin daughter was a skank. He said "knocked up" which the older daughter was, which is why he was referring to her. Sarah Palin threw her younger daughter under the bus for the publicity and you droolers have run with it...another lie that is.

David Letterman: The Response (The TV Zone) - Newsday.com

"We were, as we often do, making jokes about
people in the news and we made some jokes about
Sarah Palin and her daughter, the 18-year-old
girl, who is – her name is Bristol, that's
right, and so, then, now they're upset with me…"

"These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old
daughter. I would never, never make jokes about
raping or having sex of any description with a
14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record.
It has never happened. I don't think it's funny.
I would never think it was funny. I wouldn't
put it in a joke…"
Um.....Seabiscuit or whatever his name is called her a skank and that is who I was replying to.
And yet I am the 'drooler'? At least I can follow a thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,262,270 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Where did Letterman imply Bristol was a W---- ?

he just said Alex Somebody "knocked her up".


You think women who get pregnant are all W-----S ????

I think it is safe to assume that anyone who would get 'knocked up' by a widely recognized womanizer during a baseball game just might be whorish yes.

Nice strawman, though.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
8,287 posts, read 7,508,219 times
Reputation: 3650
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh come on, the spit lick was cute - isn't your cold liberal heart big enough to admit that?
Please the spit lick was adorable, though I did feel an immediate impulse to give the baby a bath. *L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
But where Letterman went wrong is that he said palin and her dd went to the game blah blah blah. The only dd at the game was the 14 year old one. If, and to me this is a big if, Letterman meant to imply the 18 year old dd was a wh*re then he should have made sure that was the dd at the game. But if you think about it - how is implying anyones dd is a wh*re acceptable or funny?
Yes, I admit that he should have double-checked on which daughter. But like I said, I think it is pretty common to think that Palin has daughter who had a baby and the daughter who did the spit lick. If Letterman was a news person, I would certainly cry foul. But he's just a comedian, and the fact is is that the only daughter who is consistently in the public eye is Bristol.

And he didn't call her a wh*re.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,262,270 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Please the spit lick was adorable, though I did feel an immediate impulse to give the baby a bath. *L*

Ha, at least we didn't see her pick up a pacifer from the floor, lick it and stick it back in the babys mouth the way I'd seen my own dds do

Yes, I admit that he should have double-checked on which daughter. But like I said, I think it is pretty common to think that Palin has daughter who had a baby and the daughter who did the spit lick. If Letterman was a news person, I would certainly cry foul. But he's just a comedian, and the fact is is that the only daughter who is consistently in the public eye is Bristol.

And he didn't call her a wh*re.
No, he didn't call her a wh*re, but he implied it - or at least that she was sl*tish, easy, etc...
Again, calling palin out for having the makeup of a floozy flight attendent - spot on. Making any mention of her children just wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
8,287 posts, read 7,508,219 times
Reputation: 3650
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No, he didn't call her a wh*re, but he implied it - or at least that she was sl*tish, easy, etc...
Again, calling palin out for having the makeup of a floozy flight attendent - spot on. Making any mention of her children just wrong.
The implication of wh*oredom would be directed at Alex R., who is, in fact, a wh*ore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:00 PM
 
21,628 posts, read 27,717,127 times
Reputation: 15975
Meanwhile, while governor Palin is trotting around the -48 campaigning for '12 and once again using her children as props--who's attending to the business of running Alaska? That appears to be the same person who ran it while she was running for VP; Sean Parnell.
We finally got a pipeline deal of sorts, no thanks to her bungling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,869,017 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Um.....Seabiscuit or whatever his name is called her a skank and that is who I was replying to.
And yet I am the 'drooler'? At least I can follow a thread
You can follow a thread *golf clap*....Try following the truth. You're still claiming Letterman was talking about the 14 year old despite clear evidence that says otherwise. In effect, drooling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:16 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top