U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:47 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,555,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Well, I agree with the Palin's comment:

"Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/N.Y. entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands -- that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.' "
tut, tut, tut,...methinks that was written by someone else although Palin may have memorized it....

her earlier ad lib was (complete with the low class, illiterate "there")...

""""“What a commentary there,” Palin said of the comment during an interview on conservative host John Ziegler’s Los Angeles-based radio show “That’s pretty pathetic, good ole David Letterman.” """"

Notice , no "there" in your quote. If she wrote it it would be there there. there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 03:48 PM

15,254 posts, read 16,824,190 times
And he's apologized for the remarks. Sarah "any attention is good attention" Palin should let it go. She and Todd are one long Jerry Springer episode.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 PM

26,529 posts, read 25,011,732 times
This was all a fabrication. He never said a word about her daughter.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,629,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Nice snappy come backs
How about if that lib bag of dog crap called your daughter a ****.
Think morons.
Well not all of us are sure Sarah's mother watched Letterman...

13,784 posts, read 23,803,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
tut, tut, tut,...methinks that was written by someone else although Palin may have memorized it....

her earlier ad lib was (complete with the low class, illiterate "there")...

""""“What a commentary there,” Palin said of the comment during an interview on conservative host John Ziegler’s Los Angeles-based radio show “That’s pretty pathetic, good ole David Letterman.” """"

Notice , no "there" in your quote. If she wrote it it would be there there. there
Typical defense response, trying to defend the repulsive comments made on national tv by trying to pick apart the response.

tut, tut, tut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
The girl he was making the jokes about was 14...

Do you have a young daughter? I have some good jokes for you!!!!!!
Wait a minute....was this about a fourteen year old or an 18 year old....I was under the impression it was about Bristol ????

Old 06-11-2009, 03:52 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,794,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I struggle to imagine a political leader with dignity stooping to the name calling and back-and-forth Jerry Springer-style barbs that constantly emerge from Palin's spokesperson and husband. Just let it go. He's a comedian.

Thankfully our President rises above that. I feel sorry they forced her on McCain. He could have been good.

She's a Retard and He Rocks.... Nuff Said!!!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Typical defense response, trying to defend the repulsive comments made on national tv by trying to pick apart the response.

tut, tut, tut...
Who am I defending????????

I stated a fact about Palin's literary disability...Oh, ya , shouldn't make fun of people with disabilities... sorry.......

Old 06-11-2009, 03:55 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,629,155 times
Quote:
Wait a minute....was this about a fourteen year old or an 18 year old....I was under the impression it was about Bristol ????
It was indeed about Bristol.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:55 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,525,155 times
Quote:
It was, of course. Unless one is a Palin worshippper, one wouldn't even remember that there is that middle daughter. What one would typically think of at the mention of a Palin daughter, given the context of Letterman's comments, is Palin's daughter Bristol who has put herself into the news and on magazine covers as of late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies