Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:28 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,101,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL..I bet you forgot she was Governor which is why you find it cool for her to step into the mud with a Comedian. A Governor should stay above the fray.
When one is the subject of an offensive public statement, one should appropriately respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 05:28 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,457,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
An evaluation has been done by a few publications about the lack of jokes concerning Obama, both prior to the election and subsequent to his serving in office. Apparently Biden is the "safe" target for those in the media.
What might those publications be? Either way I've never seen anybody make ear jokes, teleprompter jokes, bowling jokes, cigarette jokes, "uh pause" jokes, smiling jokes about Obama..Never

Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM

9,195 posts, read 10,963,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I struggle to imagine a political leader with dignity stooping to the name calling and back-and-forth Jerry Springer-style barbs that constantly emerge from Palin's spokesperson and husband. Just let it go. He's a comedian.

Thankfully our President rises above that. I feel sorry they forced her on McCain. He could have been good.
Pardon my laughter.

PALIN-MCCAIN probably would have won. McCain weighed down the ticket, a better one would have been PALIN-ROMNEY. McCain is just another limp D-lite, masquerading as a republican.

If you're referring to BO, he has made snarky after snarky comments about Hannity, Rush, Cheney, and anyone else with the temerity to dare criticize Him.

As for feuds? The incredibly unfunny, juvenile, and nastynasty Letterperson started this.

And for the life of me, I don't see how anyone with any sort of sense of humor could consider Letterperson a comedian. He is not funny, he is stupid and highly unintelligent like all republicans are, and he's not funny.

Personally, I think Todd Palin should guest on the show. Todd and Letterperson should go three rounds, and may the better man win. That would be Todd.

Now, how many in the studio audience think Letterperson would still have a job if he'd made the same cracks about the Obama females?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,946,607 times
Letterman is a jerk and he goes too far with things and definately needs to be reigned in by cbs . He is a jerk plain and simple and what he said was offensive and disgusting . I dont blame the palins for being upset and they deserve respect and so do their children . I think Letterman needs to just shut up at times . I think the Palins are owed an apology from Letterman and CBS !!!

Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,178,998 times
Quote:
LOL..I bet you forgot she was Governor which is why you find it cool for her to step into the mud with a Comedian. A Governor should stay above the fray.

LOL... "A Governor should stay above the fray."

Until you the Governor's kids are brought into it... Then you need your butt frayed!

Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
When one is the subject of an offensive public statement, one should appropriately respond.
You mean joke on a late night comedy show. In regards to an adult.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
LOL... "A Governor should stay above the fray."

Until you the Governor's kids are brought into it... Then you need your butt frayed!
My fault..I don't like my leaders to be "folksy". I like them to ignore what they perceive as ignorance.

Quote:
What might those publications be? Either way I've never seen anybody make ear jokes, teleprompter jokes, bowling jokes, cigarette jokes, "uh pause" jokes, smiling jokes about Obama..Never
David Letterman, a talk show host, describes him as “cogent, eloquent and in complete command of the issues” and sighs: “What . . . am I supposed to do with that?” The new president is “not fat, not cheating on his wife, not stupid, not angry and not a phony,” complains Bill Maher, another small-screen joker. Chris Rock, a stand-up comic, likens Obama to Brad Pitt. “There’s no Brad Pitt jokes,” he told CNN.

ECONOMIST: Comedy, the Onion and a hard-to-hit president | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

18,822 posts, read 14,007,124 times
Hey, it's all right for Letterman to allude to a white woman and a state governor as a (rude term for a promiscuous woman), or her 14 yr. old daughter to be statutorily raped, but politically incorrect for Imus to refer to a basketball player as "nappy headed ho".
And let's not forget Mr. Jamie Foxx's comment regarding Miley Cyrus, a 16 yr. old minor - to "make a sex tape and grow up".

Double standards do apply - now. Smack a black, lose your job. Smack a white, it's all right.

I wonder what Mr. Letterman would do if someone called his mother a politically incorrect derogatory term not appropriate for the public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Letterman is a jerk and he goes too far with things and definately needs to be reigned in by cbs . He is a jerk plain and simple and what he said was offensive and disgusting . I dont blame the palins for being upset and they deserve respect and so do their children . I think Letterman needs to just shut up at times . I think the Palins are owed an apology from Letterman and CBS !!!
I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies