U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,388 posts, read 11,636,871 times
Reputation: 4027

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There were a few others making this point this week. Wonder what the reaciton would be? But, of course, the Democrats support groups like pedophiles, gays, etc. So, perhaps they would be delighted that someone might "want" their daughters and desire to exploit them, regardless of their age. In their view, anything goes.
Get real why doncha.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,290,880 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I find it funny and I applaud Letterman for his jokes and no hold-bar attitude. Palin was so self righteous to stand up and try to preach family value during the elections, while her hussie daughter was acting like a little scank, serves her right. May she should go back to looking out for the Russian invasion.

GOOD JOB DAVID, DON"T LET UP!!!!!!!!
Don't let up what? And really how do you justify calling a teenager a hussy or a skank? Was she the one running for vpotus? No. The fact that you would use such language on an innocent bystander in the whole mess is rather low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 11,018,959 times
Reputation: 2924
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Don't let up what? And really how do you justify calling a teenager a hussy or a skank? Was she the one running for vpotus? No. The fact that you would use such language on an innocent bystander in the whole mess is rather low.
SO! ,
Her idiot mommy is in the public eye, so that leave her whole family a target for comedians and everyone else, so who cares. Maybe Palin will try to hunt Letterman down from a helicopter and try to shoot him while shes still lookin for the Russian attack from the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
 
4,608 posts, read 7,293,337 times
Reputation: 1245
Letterman has violated any standards he may have at one time held, for himself as well as his profession. He has lowered his qualities to that of a 'hack' who's career must be on its crumbling legs as he and CBS follow Dan Rather into the heap of desperate has beens.

Too bad, he could have been a contender, but then Johnny Carson understood the 'could have been' part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
 
137 posts, read 433,491 times
Reputation: 132
Dave went too far on this one. I agree he is a comedian and making jokes is his job, but I don't think any person's child is fodder for jokes, especially regarding sexual exploitation. Sorry, but it did seem like he opened the door for this backlash. Criticize Palin or her eldest daughter, but not a 14 yr. old.
Kids are victimized all over the world through child pornography.
Dave's words were not funny to me and I can see how P would be offended. Wouldn't any of us be offended if someone made any kind of lewd comment about our child(ren)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
8,287 posts, read 7,529,478 times
Reputation: 3650
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendiej View Post
Dave went too far on this one. I agree he is a comedian and making jokes is his job, but I don't think any person's child is fodder for jokes, especially regarding sexual exploitation. Sorry, but it did seem like he opened the door for this backlash. Criticize Palin or her eldest daughter, but not a 14 yr. old.
The joke was about her eldest daughter. Who, except for the Palin worshippers, even remembers that there was another daughter between Bristol and the one that smoothed down the baby's hair with her spit at the convention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 06:14 PM
 
19,400 posts, read 17,499,328 times
Reputation: 10597
I'll help Dave out and give him some jokes to make up for his attack on Palin and her young daughter. In the interest of fairness, Barrack Obama visited NYC last week and here's some top ten list material for what happened on HIS visit to NYC.
10. Took some snapshots of synagogues for Reverend Wright who has "a score to settle with them jews."
9. Michele Obama bought some nice fashions at a Goodwill.
8. Awkward moment when visting MSNBC studios and secret service agents thought Chris matthews had a snub nosed 38 handgun in his pocket when they frisked him.
7. Met Woody Allen who was disappointed Obama left his daughters at home.
6. Awkward moment when Michelle Obama was mistaken for a player when touring Yankee Stadium.
5. Was overheard saying that NYers are crybabies over having Airforce One "buzz their precious little buildings."
4. Visited Bill Clinton's Harlem office and dropped off Hillary's dry cleaning.
3. Visited Bernard Madoff in prison to get some pointers in economics.
2. Spent some quiet time "alone" at Fire Island.
1. Offered David Letterman a job as his new Whitehouse Press Spokesman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 06:33 PM
 
4,608 posts, read 7,293,337 times
Reputation: 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
The joke was about her eldest daughter. Who, except for the Palin worshippers, even remembers that there was another daughter between Bristol and the one that smoothed down the baby's hair with her spit at the convention?
Apparently many people, including Letterman hisself enjoy the dwelling in ignorance part of life as it seems Mr. Letterman didn't even know who really was the butt of his joke.

Had it been about Palin's older daughter, there would have been no joke as she was in Alaska at the time of Letterman's alleged incident. Maybe he just needs to hire new content fabricators. The rest of us just need to adopt some common decency of respect for other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 06:34 PM
 
12,627 posts, read 18,173,749 times
Reputation: 2990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'll help Dave out and give him some jokes to make up for his attack on Palin and her young daughter. In the interest of fairness, Barrack Obama visited NYC last week and here's some top ten list material for what happened on HIS visit to NYC.
10. Took some snapshots of synagogues for Reverend Wright who has "a score to settle with them jews."
9. Michele Obama bought some nice fashions at a Goodwill.
8. Awkward moment when visting MSNBC studios and secret service agents thought Chris matthews had a snub nosed 38 handgun in his pocket when they frisked him.
7. Met Woody Allen who was disappointed Obama left his daughters at home.
6. Awkward moment when Michelle Obama was mistaken for a player when touring Yankee Stadium.
5. Was overheard saying that NYers are crybabies over having Airforce One "buzz their precious little buildings."
4. Visited Bill Clinton's Harlem office and dropped off Hillary's dry cleaning.
3. Visited Bernard Madoff in prison to get some pointers in economics.
2. Spent some quiet time "alone" at Fire Island.
1. Offered David Letterman a job as his new Whitehouse Press Spokesman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 PM
 
4,608 posts, read 7,293,337 times
Reputation: 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I find it funny and I applaud Letterman for his jokes and no hold-bar attitude. Palin was so self righteous to stand up and try to preach family value during the elections, while her hussie daughter was acting like a little scank, serves her right. May she should go back to looking out for the Russian invasion.

GOOD JOB DAVID, DON"T LET UP!!!!!!!!
The nanny state also practices judgementalisms. DON'T LET UP!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top