U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,496,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
What kind of question is this? Letterman made the comment and Palin responded, and appropriately so.
Appropriately?

Calling Letterman a pedophile was appropriate?
No, it was not only sleazy but a lie.....be funny to see Letterman sue Palin over slander

Guess who has the best attorneys???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 06:53 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,401,624 times
Yeah, Palin should just let it go. Joking about statuatory rape is just entertainment, and liberals have no problem with it, so just let them do it and don't defend your family.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Pardon my laughter.

PALIN-MCCAIN probably would have won. McCain weighed down the ticket, a better one would have been PALIN-ROMNEY. McCain is just another limp D-lite, masquerading as a republican.

If you're referring to BO, he has made snarky after snarky comments about Hannity, Rush, Cheney, and anyone else with the temerity to dare criticize Him.

As for feuds? The incredibly unfunny, juvenile, and nastynasty Letterperson started this.

And for the life of me, I don't see how anyone with any sort of sense of humor could consider Letterperson a comedian. He is not funny, he is stupid and highly unintelligent like all republicans are, and he's not funny.

Personally, I think Todd Palin should guest on the show. Todd and Letterperson should go three rounds, and may the better man win. That would be Todd.

Now, how many in the studio audience think Letterperson would still have a job if he'd made the same cracks about the Obama females?
""""Personally, I think Todd Palin should guest on the show. Todd and Letterperson should go three rounds, and may the better man win. That would be Todd. """"

So you DO think Sara cannot take care of herself . She DOES need Toddy to fight her battles....my, my how weak...and she wants to run the country!!!?????

Old 06-11-2009, 07:00 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,576,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I find it funny and I applaud Letterman for his jokes and no hold-bar attitude. Palin was so self righteous to stand up and try to preach family value during the elections, while her hussie daughter was acting like a little scank, serves her right. May she should go back to looking out for the Russian invasion.

GOOD JOB DAVID, DON"T LET UP!!!!!!!!
I love this post. People need not forget that Sarah Palin put her children out there. Margaret Carlson called her daughter and ex-boyfriend Charles & Diana of being something like involving the Beverly Hillbillies. It was funny. Clampett was the term Ms. Carlson used.
For four long months the kids missed school and that was borderline neglect. Where was the truant officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabeebolt View Post
so! ,
her idiot mommy is in the public eye, so that leave her whole family a target for comedians and everyone else, so who cares. Maybe palin will try to hunt letterman down from a helicopter and try to shoot him while shes still lookin for the russian attack from the west. :d
l o l !!!!!!!!!:d

4,586 posts, read 4,866,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Yeah, Palin should just let it go. Joking about statuatory rape is just entertainment, and liberals have no problem with it, so just let them do it and don't defend your family.
It's already been established that Letterman was referring to the of age daughter that already has a kid. Let that lie go.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 PM

21,575 posts, read 27,682,885 times
I had to come down here to rant. There's a bit of discussion about this in the AK forum...

but why the hell doesn't Palin just SHUT UP. She either needs to do the job that the voters elected her to do (not me though) or step down and let Sean Parnell run the state because he's been doing it anyone since she managed to get her mug in the national spotlight. She has no business campaigning for '12 on Alaska time.

Her trademark twists and turns here are making me ill.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-11-2009 at 07:21 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 07:03 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,576,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""Personally, I think Todd Palin should guest on the show. Todd and Letterperson should go three rounds, and may the better man win. That would be Todd. """"

So you DO think Sara cannot take care of herself . She DOES need Toddy to fight her battles....my, my how weak...and she wants to run the country!!!?????
She does __ in the bathroom with Todd's approval or company. Wake up Who. Todd should have sent the kids to school while Sarah was parading across the country for a loss. Education seems to matter little to the frozen brains.

OOPS I quoted you.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM

992 posts, read 3,230,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
It's already been established that Letterman was referring to the of age daughter that already has a kid. Let that lie go.

How has it been established?

The problem with Letterman’s “clarification” is that his joke made mention of the Yankees game Palin attended on Sunday. She attended with her 14-year-old daughter

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 PM

992 posts, read 3,230,952 times
Dear Lord, have you seen Letterman's wife? What a beast, looks like Nigel Tufnel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies