U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:29 PM

7,342 posts, read 7,112,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

I personally don't understand transgenders
Scientists are beginning to find the possible biological origin of transgender identity.

Transgender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I believe that Saddam was keeping the loonies in the lunatic asylum.

When Saddam went away that was the cue for all the psychos to play "King of the Hill" and start to terrorize the citizens in Iraq.

You realize that the Sunnis & Shi'a had been fighting for centuries before the US ever got involved.

It was BOUND to happen when Saddam was removed.

They have a POWER struggle going on which has absolutely nothing to do with the US in Iraq. Add to that the Syrians, and Iranians with their fingers in the pie and you've got one big middle eastern mess.

I don't blame the USA for that because Saddam had to go.
That justification would be hilarious if it weren't so devastating. It's illegal to invade a sovereign nation to unseat its leader, whether we like them or not. You sound like those moronic racists who say things like "he just needed killin'". Jesus. I won't say anything further on this, since it's off topic. Feel free to get the last word in; I won't be responding further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post

At what point exactly does she become a he?
Chaz is already a he, just like Jamison Green is a he.

Commentary: Chastity, 'Good luck, brother!' - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,692,538 times
Default Great...I'm being tested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Really? Ok, here's a picture of all the "Bond Girls" from the movie For Your Eyes Only.

Which one was born with a penis?
The one sitting in the middle of the front row...Roger Moore.

The picture that you posted is difficult to see faces...too many shadows, the picture's too small...

But, like I said - some women are born with masculine features. Looking at the (too small and too unclear) photo that you posted, I find the woman in the upper right and the blond woman 2nd from left to have facial features that I would consider masculine. Others are not clearly displayed here.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,144,680 times
Quote:
Chaz is already a he, just like Jamison Green is a he.

Commentary: Chastity, 'Good luck, brother!' - CNN.com
Really? a new breed of he's!

Old 06-13-2009, 01:44 AM

26,529 posts, read 24,933,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I don't know a great deal about sex change operations and am wondering if someone can enlighten me as to why homosexuals have them.

Thanks in advance.
Just a note: Sexual orientation is different from gender identity. Most homosexuals are comfortable with their gender.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,259,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I don't know a great deal about sex change operations and am wondering if someone can enlighten me as to why homosexuals have them.

Thanks in advance.
Homosexuals don't; transsexuals do. Then there are the transgendered, who may or may not opt for some, all or none of the surgeries and/or hormone treatments. Here are a few links for you:
Transgender
APA
Transexualism
Sex reassignment surgery

Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 AM

3,482 posts, read 4,007,948 times
Quote:
Really? Ok, here's a picture of all the "Bond Girls" from the movie For Your Eyes Only.

Which one was born with a penis?
Roger Moore, but am not sure if he knows how to use it.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:02 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,259,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well, people only do this because medical technology has come to a point where it can be done. Sort of. It isn't as if you can turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man, you can just play with body parts and chemicals. Personally I find it difficult to accept that anyone would take a perfectly healthy body of either sex and purposely create a situation where so much can go wrong, you will never really be what you think you should be, and physical issues will have to be dealt with FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE. Sexual confustion/disorder or not, this doesn't seem healthy at all.

I've read horror stories about people undergoing "simple" plastic surgery procedures that left them physically and emotionally scared for life and this is much more complex than that.
Apparently you don't know that before any doctor would do the surgeries involved in sex reassignment, the individual must undergo a lot of psychological counseling. They don't just one day 'decide' "hey, I wanna be the other sex" and start the surgeries the next day! In most cases, the patient must live as what they consider their "true gender" for six months or a year before the surgeon will pick up that scalpel.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 AM

3,482 posts, read 4,007,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It isn't a matter of fear or discomfort. It's just disgusting. Cher's chubby daughter is going to intentionally have her genitals mutilated into something she apparently thinks is going to pass for a penis. I imagine they'll load her up with testosterone so she can grow some hair on her chest, get into bar fights and such. And when it's all done, she'll be a woman with a mustache and a horribly disfigured vagina.
Yeah, mutilation of genitals is o.k. to leftnuts as long as a psychologist approves.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:06 AM

26,529 posts, read 24,933,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Yeah, mutilation of genitals is o.k. to leftnuts as long as a psychologist approves.
It's sad that some people are so insensitive.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:04 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,258,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
How does it effect you? It doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies