Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Just go to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in California and believe me, you'll get enough frat boy collar popping to last you the whooooole year.
Really? I was in San Luis Obispo back in '94, just for the night though but if I would've noticed those popped collars, I surely would've laughed on site. LOL, that's too funny. Well, you guys can come to South Milwaukee & laugh at all the mullets that both men AND women still possess. Why oh why would you do that to yourself??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It isn't a matter of fear or discomfort. It's just disgusting. Cher's chubby daughter is going to intentionally have her genitals mutilated into something she apparently thinks is going to pass for a penis. I imagine they'll load her up with testosterone so she can grow some hair on her chest, get into bar fights and such. And when it's all done, she'll be a woman with a mustache and a horribly disfigured vagina.
Wow, you sure know how to paint a picture! Poor Sonny is probably rolling over in his grave. Im not dumb but i cant understand why she talks like a woman walks like a man............................

Old 06-12-2009, 06:00 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Folks do you really think someone would go through all this if they didn't feel this way?
Well, people only do this because medical technology has come to a point where it can be done. Sort of. It isn't as if you can turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man, you can just play with body parts and chemicals. Personally I find it difficult to accept that anyone would take a perfectly healthy body of either sex and purposely create a situation where so much can go wrong, you will never really be what you think you should be, and physical issues will have to be dealt with FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE. Sexual confustion/disorder or not, this doesn't seem healthy at all.

I've read horror stories about people undergoing "simple" plastic surgery procedures that left them physically and emotionally scared for life and this is much more complex than that.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
It's a her and will always be a her even if she put six more appendages on her body.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:38 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
A spokesman for Bono, born a girl to Sonny and Cher, says he "has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity" and began the sex-change process earlier this year.
Publicist Howard Bragman said Bono is proud of his decision and hopes "that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue."
The 40-year-old writer, activist and reality-TV star came out as gay 20 years ago, Bragman said.
In the book "Family Outing: A Guide to the Coming-Out Process for Gays, Lesbians, & Their Families," Bono describes the realization of being "somehow different — specifically different from who my mom expected me to be."
A message left with Cher's representatives was not immediately returned Thursday.

Chastity Bono announces sex change | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20090611/US.People.Chastity.Bono/ - broken link)

I don't know a great deal about sex change operations and am wondering if someone can enlighten me as to why homosexuals have them.

Thanks in advance.
Marci Bowers - OB/GYN

Everything you ever wanted to know about gender reassignment surgery...

Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Interesting side-note. Sexual reassignment is allowed (actually encouraged, and a bit too much for my liking) in Iran. The Ayatollah said he saw it as a correction of a mistake of nature.

It appears that some Americans are more fundamentalist than the Ayatollah! Crazy!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:47 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
I'm a little surprised that no one has suggested a soundtrack for this thread yet.

Here are the Kinks with "Lola". Take a break and enjoy while you resharpen your hatchets.

YouTube - lola - the kinks

Old 06-12-2009, 06:47 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Why is this even an issue? How does what Chas does to his body affect anyone else?

It doesn't. It shouldn't.

I do feel badly for him as the female to male reassignment surgery is a lot trickier and not quite as successful as the male to female. But this just shows how much Chas needs and wants this surgery. I'm sure that it is something he has thought long and hard about.

So, good luck Chas!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:51 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
To those crying "mutilation!", are you for circumcision?

Old 06-12-2009, 06:51 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
At what point exactly does she become a he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies