Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

Advertisements

Inflation becomes runaway rather quickly. Zimbabwe, the common example, is so important to realize because their dollar was nearly at parity with ours not long ago. Iceland's currency too, and Iceland is a sophisticated monoculture. No race integration issues, just bad banking policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Inflation becomes runaway rather quickly. Zimbabwe, the common example, is so important to realize because their dollar was nearly at parity with ours not long ago. Iceland's currency too, and Iceland is a sophisticated monoculture. No race integration issues, just bad banking policies.

I am pretty concerned about this, I don't think there is any way to avoid inflation and I don't think hyper infaltion is impossible.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am pretty concerned about this, I don't think there is any way to avoid inflation and I don't think hyper infaltion is impossible.
Correction: Iceland did not have parity and I never thought that. They had a relatively stable currency for quite some time until 2008.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:27 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Put aside your hatred for Arthur Laffer, are you concerned about this?

Get Ready for Inflation and Higher Interest Rates - WSJ.com
[] Since the money token supply is a debt instrument, and a repudiated one at that (Title 12 USC Sec. 411), one should realize that it's not an exploding "money supply".
[] And if you see the chart, you'll note that it DIPPED at 1999-2000. Remember what happened? The Clinton "balanced budget". In case you are unaware, the only way new Federal Reserve Notes (dollar bills) are legally authorized, is when Congress goes DEEPER into debt. So when a "Balanced budget" occurs, no new debt money tokens can be created (Insane!). Which, in part, helped trigger the Dot.Com bust.
[] In 2007, and 2008, Congress borrowed MORE than it paid in debt service. In other words, what Bernard Madoff was arrested for, Congress is doing, year after year - paying old investors with money tokens from new investors.

How long will it go on?

Answer: depends on the number of fools who think they will get "rich" investing in and with wastepaper notes....

The imminent Great Depression of 2010-2030 will be a tough one to endure. Take a cue from those who struggled through 1929-1945, when jobs were limited or when commodities were rationed. Imagine a situation when BOTH hit you - rationed jobs and rationed supplies.

Invest in arable land, plant a garden, stock up on necessities, arrange your shelter to minimize consumption of resources, and hang on as best you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies