U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 06:13 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,238,669 times

Advertisements

This is just version 393 of the Republican, "I've been offended" speech. It's much ado about nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 06:16 AM

19,248 posts, read 17,395,652 times
Letterman reminds me of Herbert and Quagmire from the Family Guy. A filthy mind quickly eroding into senility.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:23 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,509,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
All the people in line after Obama is a scary thought....Biden, Pelosi...I guess new elections would be better, but first we have to wait another year before campagning will start....Let's see if Obama will start to campaign early and what he is going to see...that will be funny to watch.

I can't wait to see all his flip flops after another and how many times he attacked Bush while deciding the same things...

Every one who agrees that Palin's kids are allowed to be attacked and are stating how sad it is that she at 17 years old has a baby, has to realize what a support she is getting from her family. At least when the baby is older and let's say 20 years old her mommy and daddy are like 37 years old....Lettermans son when he is 20 will have a daddy who is 80! Guess who will be more happy to walk around and do fun things...""""

That's the goofiest thing I ever heard!!! What is the POINT!??
Doing "fun things" with Mama and Dada at 20????!
OK, then let's have 12 year olds have babies...then when their kids are 12 they can REALLY "do fun things" with Mommy and Daddy!!!

Letterman should wear a shirt stating he is am grumpy guy who is so jealous and has nothing else to say than get after beautiful succesful people""""

Uh, duh, I think Letterman has no rason to be jealous of anyone...do you REALLY think he's poverty stricken????
And, ya, talk show hosts should only talk about people no one has ever heard of...makes for great jokes

...only that way he can get people to watch him...what a sad thing.
"""Every one who agrees that Palin's kids are allowed to be attacked and are stating how sad it is that she at 17 years old has a baby, has to realize what a support she is getting from her family."""

Her "kids" weren't attacked.

It IS sad that she couldn't wait to have a baby and has to be financially supported by her family ( I realize that)....where's YOUR outcry at her not keeping her legs together???!!

Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,554,434 times
I just think it's hilarious how the tightie righties are the first to whine and complain about political correctness of the left and now this ... hypocrisy much????

Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 AM

3,482 posts, read 4,009,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I just think it's hilarious how the tightie righties are the first to whine and complain about political correctness of the left and now this ... hypocrisy much????
We are just guilty of coming to the defense of dum'olgurls.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:44 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,370,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
No, she's anti-choice.
Correction - she's anti killing babies.

It's amazing the hypocrisy here that totally ignores the double standard. With so many people living together outside of marriage, and with society so accepting of it, what is the difference between a young girl having a baby before she moves in with someone, or having the baby after they move in together. In today's society, we're teaching kids in school about sex, that it's OK to go ahead and have sex, just be safe about it. So, some do, carried away by hormones and young love. You all say that it's "love that counts" anyway.

Why are you libs so outraged that tihs 17-year old had a baby?
You are pro-choice, but you would be just as outraged if she'd had an abortion. Why?? Is abortion OK for libs, but not OK for anyone else? IF you are pro-choice, and she chose to have the baby, what is your problem with that? I know the answer to my own question. You are all ripping at this family because it's the Palins. Now, how does that make you look, other than mean spirited.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Correction - she's anti killing babies.

It's amazing the hypocrisy here that totally ignores the double standard. With so many people living together outside of marriage, and with society so accepting of it, what is the difference between a young girl having a baby before she moves in with someone, or having the baby after they move in together. In today's society, we're teaching kids in school about sex, that it's OK to go ahead and have sex, just be safe about it. So, some do, carried away by hormones and young love. You all say that it's "love that counts" anyway. """

""YOU ALL" ...EXACTLY who IS "YOU ALL"...proof please!!!!!

Why are you libs so outraged that tihs 17-year old had a baby?"""

FIRST, name the libs who have expressed OUTRAGE at Bristol having a baby... PROOF!
Second: BECAUSE her mama comes from the party of "family values'. Because her mother seems to think abstinence works and it does but she forgot to inform her daughter that it's also a good idea!!

You are pro-choice, but you would be just as outraged if she'd had an abortion.""

Says who! I wouldn't be outraged if she had an abortion...what the he!l are you talking about??? I think her MOTHER would've been outraged at her daughter for thumbing her nose at mommie's anti-choice stance!.

Why?? Is abortion OK for libs, but not OK for anyone else? ""

WHO SAID THAT????

IF you are pro-choice, and she chose to have the baby, what is your problem with that?

NO problem with that....

I know the answer to my own question. You are all ripping at this family because it's the Palins.

YES! She put herself in the national limelight and this is what happens...to EVERYONE who does that , not just your goddess!!

Now, how does that make you look, other than mean spirited.
And Palin's anti-choice stance is also VERY mean spirited. Her distasteful implication that Letterman likes underage girls was also quite mean spirited .

Old 06-13-2009, 07:07 AM

20,336 posts, read 13,825,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
9. She is a conservative, not a lib, not a neocon
10. She is pro-life

I don't despise her for THAT....
I could infer that you despise her for the other eight in the list then.

You have more or less proved my point, you ridiculed or insulted Palin for eight out of ten reasons. If she were a democrat, she would be the media darling, how else can anyone possibly explain Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I could infer that you despise her for the other eight in the list then.

You have more or less proved my point, you ridiculed or insulted Palin for eight out of ten reasons.""

Isn't that enough??

If she were a democrat, she would be the media darling, how else can anyone possibly explain Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden?
That's a big "if" and what Pelosi and Biden have to do with it I guess only you know

Old 06-13-2009, 07:19 AM

20,336 posts, read 13,825,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And Palin's anti-choice stance is also VERY mean spirited. Her distasteful implication that Letterman likes underage girls was also quite mean spirited .
Anti-choice? Oh you mean that Palin believes the baby in the womb is an actual person, and deserves some rights, is mean spirited?

To be fair, most mothers would be very upset if someone made a crude sex joke about any of their daughters, much less a 14 year old. So if the mother makes some very strong comments, I think we can cut her some slack.

Quote:
Palin and her family are a favorite target of Letterman's. The "Late Show" host made 95 jokes about Palin after the election through March 15 _ more than Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert combined, according to the Center for Media and Public Affairs.

Sarah Palin: Letterman owes women an apology - USATODAY.com
Maybe Sarah has had enough. At least SNL is not making any more skits about Todd Palin committing incest with his daughters.

YouTube - Saturday Night Live Todd Palin - Incest Smear

At some point any mother would reach the breaking point, it is instructive to see which people simply cannot understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies