U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,536,502 times

Advertisements

The sad aspect of Podunk Palin is that she is all that the Republicans/Conservatives/Regressives/Klan/Clueless have in a desperate attempt to keep themselves in the public eye. Let's face it, Republicans stink. Their policies stink. Their ideology stinks. Their political instincts suck. Podunk Palin is petty, superficially pretty, and irrelevent. This doesn't change that. Republicans are pathetic.

Go Letterman!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 AM

3,482 posts, read 4,018,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Thank you for this post. I have racked my brain all morning trying to remember the term Ms. Carlson used last night. Sarah Palin and family caused this themselves.
Sure, and when I joke about your children being molested, it will be your fault.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
oh but don'cha know, she's playin' the crap out of #8 now.
Betcha spent some time on the executive couch, since ya object.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:27 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,296,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Uh, what liberal freaks? I don't think anyone has even been arrested, let alone convicted, for this crime.

Palin church burning - 'hate crime' virtually ignored? (OneNewsNow.com)

Yeah, I don't actually think they have "Liberal Freaks" in Wasilla.
Or in the entire state of Alaska, probably.
If they did, maybe it would be a cooler place and more than a couple of hundred people would want to live there.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 AM

86,987 posts, read 102,540,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Turns out, self-described feminists who don't stand up for Palin are the big joke.
I actually said, during the campaign, that she would be d***** if she did and d***** if she didn't regarding her kids, and that therefore she should do whatever she (and they in the case of the older ones) wanted to do. You can look up my posts if you don't believe me. I will say, she made some choices I would not have made.

I also think that women candidates get more attention paid to their looks, their clothes, and their parenting than men do. This is bi-partisan. Many "liberal" women jouralists defended her clothe shopping. Slate magazine had an excellent article about this at the time.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I actually said, during the campaign, that she would be d***** if she did and d***** if she didn't regarding her kids, and that therefore she should do whatever she (and they in the case of the older ones) wanted to do. You can look up my posts if you don't believe me. I will say, she made some choices I would not have made.

I also think that women candidates get more attention paid to their looks, their clothes, and their parenting than men do. This is bi-partisan. Many "liberal" women jouralists defended her clothe shopping. Slate magazine had an excellent article about this at the time.
Kudos and reps to you. You have spoken up.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:48 AM

86,987 posts, read 102,540,351 times
Thanks, irish.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:57 AM

3,633 posts, read 4,427,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Palin really said as it is on the today show this morning in an interview with Matt Lauer!

She also mentioned the double standard and how Obama before he was the president told the media that family was off limits for jokes or anything and how this was obayed by Liberals and Rep. to Liberals, but not in case of Rep. woman. You go girl, Palin showed how she can handle her self and I hope Letterman's ratings will drop so he will find out what he really did.

Where is the out cry for him being fired...like with Imus...well Rep. are different we just want the ratings to take care of it!
celebrities (& I'm referring to all people who have "high-profile" jobs- politicians as well as movie stars) who choose to live their lives "in the spotlight," sucking up publicity whenever & wherever they can, should see it in terms of getting what they set themselves up for when somebody has the guts to "tell it like it is."

Old 06-13-2009, 10:01 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,553,037 times
I observe the way the repubs keep the story going, emphasising it, embellishing it, Sara advertising it...

Wouldn't you think that if this joke was so damaging that they WOULDN'T want a lot of publicity?????????

That they WOULD think of the children ????

Nooooooo, they are too selfish, greedy, grasping....if the repubs(Sara) feel it'll aid their cause/campaign they(she) will keep it going forever despite what it may do to her children...OBVIOUSLY!!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:36 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,252,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I observe the way the repubs keep the story going, emphasising it, embellishing it, Sara advertising it...

Wouldn't you think that if this joke was so damaging that they WOULDN'T want a lot of publicity?????????

That they WOULD think of the children ????

Nooooooo, they are too selfish, greedy, grasping....if the repubs(Sara) feel it'll aid their cause/campaign they(she) will keep it going forever despite what it may do to her children...OBVIOUSLY!!
Or they could try to act like the libs, ignore it and pretend what was said meant something else. After all, if you ignore it long enough it will go away, and thus can be claimed to have never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies