Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,755,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Spomeone , somewhere is scared of this woman and her views.
That would be me ... assuming that she ever got hired for a job in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 07:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,086,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Shouldn't Obama quit wasting OUR taxes and quit campaigning? Especially since it consists of holding endless town halls and apologies?
YOU are off topic BUT:

Obama is the President!

He has NOT apologized.

He OWES us, his employers, contact /dialogue in any form we want. It's so much better than the quiet, secretive, furtive previous administration.

He isn't whining like the Sappy Simpy Sara!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,636,943 times
Comedy has to have an element of truth to play off of, to be funny. There is no wit, nothing funny or humorous in that kind of joke about women, period - no matter what the age.

I haven't read through all the posts, but I can't believe Letterman is trying to make us believe that he would never joke about a minor child, but he would - and does - deliver raunchy jokes about a young (allbeit legally an "adult") 18-year-old.

Anyone who has had children knows that an 18-year-old is still in many ways a kid.

Besides, I object vehemently to making women the butt of raunchy jokes! Where is NOW? Letterman is not a comedian. What he did was evil.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:27 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Palin really said as it is on the today show this morning in an interview with Matt Lauer!

She also mentioned the double standard and how Obama before he was the president told the media that family was off limits for jokes or anything and how this was obayed by Liberals and Rep. to Liberals, but not in case of Rep. woman. You go girl, Palin showed how she can handle her self and I hope Letterman's ratings will drop so he will find out what he really did.

Where is the out cry for him being fired...like with Imus...well Rep. are different we just want the ratings to take care of it!
Palin is, uh, prevaricating. Obama made that comment in response to all the nasty rumors about Bristol Palin being Trig's mother.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:29 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,437,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Comedy has to have an element of truth to play off of, to be funny. There is no wit, nothing funny or humorous in that kind of joke about women, period - no matter what the age.

I haven't read through all the posts, but I can't believe Letterman is trying to make us believe that he would never joke about a minor child, but he would - and does - deliver raunchy jokes about a young (allbeit legally an "adult") 18-year-old.

Anyone who has had children knows that an 18-year-old is still in many ways a kid.

Besides, I object vehemently to making women the butt of raunchy jokes! Where is NOW? Letterman is not a comedian. What he did was evil.
Except when we send them to war. Then they all magically grow up!

Old 06-12-2009, 08:34 PM

1,930 posts, read 1,818,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Except when we send them to war. Then they all magically grow up!
Palin needs to shut up! We have sent so many to their graves. Calling them adults to fight in the desert is awful.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And your reading comprehension continues to astound! No one said that Obama was the source of these comments (as much as you would love that statement). The arguement is with Letterman and his classless remarks. You can try to redirect it all you want, just shows your agenda here.
But Sarah is blaming Obama, and has before. See below for the OP:

Quote:
Palin really said as it is on the today show this morning in an interview with Matt Lauer!

She also mentioned the double standard and how Obama before he was the president told the media that family was off limits for jokes or anything and how this was obayed by Liberals and Rep. to Liberals, but not in case of Rep. woman. You go girl, Palin showed how she can handle her self and I hope Letterman's ratings will drop so he will find out what he really did.

Where is the out cry for him being fired...like with Imus...well Rep. are different we just want the ratings to take care of it!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 PM

18,049 posts, read 25,106,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But Sarah is blaming Obama, and has before. See below for the OP:
Palin did a good job implying that Letterman works for Obama

Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,598,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont know This doesnt take brains, just emotional instinct. The only reasons she hasnt disappeared from public view post Nov 4 is because she's used the whine-and-blame act on talk programs for her troubles for the last six months. That act really speaks to some Palinite-type folsk, sickening and transparent though it may be to normal people. .
Hmmm, you whined and complained NON STOP when Bush was in office, and now you whine and complain anytime someone posts something negative about Obama. Sickening and transparent.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,938,351 times
Quote:

what about when rush limbaugh and john mccain both called chelsea clinton ugly? did they ever apologize? mccain apologized because he basically had to save face. there is clearly a double standard here. palin and her clan are clowns and deserve to be the butt of jokes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies