Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:39 PM

84 posts, read 268,242 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of trashy white and Asian people but chosen at random they have less negative traits. For example, if you were to pick a sample of 1000 black people at random, 1000 whites, 1000 Hispanics and 1000 Asians. You made a special point to pick a representative sample similar to the demographics of people in their race (income, age, education, etc), much like you would for a public opinion poll, a higher percentage of the Blacks than any other race would be troubled. They would have a higher incidence of poor academic achievement, involvement in crime, poor credit usage, trouble in school, and economic hardship.

There are many well behaved black people who are examples for everyone in America, but as a whole more blacks are troubled. It is a fact!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:42 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Sorry to be the first to post on my own thread. I just read the rest of the posts on the original thread. Its obvious from the poll that Lichtenstein was baiting us and some of the posts amounted to bashing. However that should not prevent the rest of us from having an honest discussion.

Its a minority of the Black community that is:
- perpetrating over 50% of the violent crime in this country
- pushing the Black illegitimacy rate over 70%
- causing an epidemic of AIDS and other STD's
- pushing the Black high school drop out rate over 50%
- etc

This is a problem. I'd like to hear what people think are some of the reasons and what they think may be some possible solutions.

You don't need a discussion,get educated on american history and society.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:42 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Even when there wasn't this rampant issue of black people being criminally-infused derelicts, other races still had negative views of them. Even if we all became model citizens overnight, there would still be people who have issues with us simply because we are black.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:46 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
The poll was idiotic but the subject is not. Its a shame to have a legitimate topic closed because some people cannot behave themselves.

Ron, a black man, was correct. There are too many Blacks behaving poorly. This is a topic that needs to be discussed. It is what Bill Cosby was trying to discuss.

Ron was also correct in saying that most Blacks do not behave poorly but too many do. The reasons are many and varied. Ron and most well behaving Blacks as well as the rest of the citizens of this country would like to put these reasons on the table so they can be looked at, discussed and maybe something can be done.

Obama wants us to have this discussion. Holder told us we were cowards for not discussing it. Well, here's why. The discussion gets shut down.

Damned the people who would treat this as race baiting and a cause to bash Blacks. Let the good people have an honest discussion.
What speech did Obama say we should discuss the poor behavior of black people?

Old 10-09-2009, 02:51 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
yeah well talk to me when one of them actually helps solve a crime.

I have said before it is time to bring our military home and invade the gang infested neighborhoods. This is a war being fought on our own turf and America seems to turn a blind eye. Meanwhile kids are getting killed and caught up in violence everyday.
As unorthodox as the solution sounds, there needs to be a "take back the neighborhood from the criminals" thing going on. Fighting wars overseas is getting old. Meanwhile, conditions here are deteriorating in many places. It is time to start coming up with solutions to help the communties in distress, all of them, not just the black communities in distress, but all of them, black, white, hispanic, asian, native american, all of them.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:53 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
As unorthodox as the solution sounds, there needs to be a "take back the neighborhood from the criminals" thing going on. Fighting wars overseas is getting old. Meanwhile, conditions here are deteriorating in many places. It is time to start coming up with solutions to help the communties in distress, all of them, not just the black communities in distress, but all of them, black, white, hispanic, asian, native american, all of them.
Agree 100%. The American Government is more concerned about building a middle east nation full of religious zealots then building our own.

I am sick of it.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:58 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
There are plenty of trashy white and Asian people but chosen at random they have less negative traits. For example, if you were to pick a sample of 1000 black people at random, 1000 whites, 1000 Hispanics and 1000 Asians. You made a special point to pick a representative sample similar to the demographics of people in their race (income, age, education, etc), much like you would for a public opinion poll, a higher percentage of the Blacks than any other race would be troubled. They would have a higher incidence of poor academic achievement, involvement in crime, poor credit usage, trouble in school, and economic hardship.

There are many well behaved black people who are examples for everyone in America, but as a whole more blacks are troubled. It is a fact!
Well, the question is why? Instead of accepting things as fact, find some solutions. Yes, there is a higher percentage of problems in the African-American communities, but why not come up with solutions to reduce these problems instead of saying "this ethnicity as a whole is a lost cause?" I am tired of people writing of the entire African-American community as a lost cause, Not just as an African-American myself, but as a human being, this disgusts me and I will not accept that. You need to ask "why" and find solutions to solve problems, rather than let the problems be. Most people I have known who complain about blacks do so out of their own hatred rather than concern.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:01 PM

294 posts, read 412,419 times
The cause the EVIL white devils look at what you have done. shame on you all.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
[quote=Brainy Intellectual Type;11118648
There are many well behaved black people who are examples for everyone in America, but as a whole more blacks are troubled. It is a fact![/QUOTE]

We's do shirley trys. Sum us evens gots a college edumacation. If'n only da majority of dem negros woods behave, white folks would shorly lov us some mo dan de do!

Oh, puleeze.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:05 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
This is what I am seeing, and this is coming straight from my gut. I see that many(not all,but a considerable number) people who bring up black people causing problems aren't doing it out of concern for the black people who have to put up with said problems. Such statements are sometimes made as a way to justify treating blacks badly, to justify not wanting be around blacks. "
Is possible to address the issue at hand without redirecting, side-stepping and avoiding the topic?

Why is responsibility and accountability of the black community always spun around amd redirected with the playing of the race card and refusal to admit, acknowledge and address the problems in the black culture/community?

I can certainly admit there are white people that need to learn responsibility, accountability and get an education; so they hopefully cease being ignorant.

Furthermore, discussing racism in the white culture/community is no different.

There are plenty of blacks who play the race card, excusively for what they perceive as their own gain. Certainly not to educate or do anything of positive benefit for the white community/culture or the black culture/community.

Without a doubt there are just as many (probably more or just as many, now) black racists and bigots; than/as there are white racists/bigots.

It's no secret, then black community has an enormous problem with responsibility and accountability; right now. And has for a long time.

Behaving like fools is unfortuantely a part of the human nature of all human beings. It transcends color ...ethnicity. A fool is a fool.

So what's tghe black community doing about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies