Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would a straight pride parade be considered hateful?
yes 79 48.17%
no 85 51.83%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:43 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So when did you make the conscious decision that you liked people of the opposite sex?

And if you tried would you start liking people of the same sex?

Why would someone "chose" to be gay seeing how people like yourself think of them and act toward them?

And by the way, I am not gay.
I never had to make a conscious decision, it was made for me, in the womb. People have all kinds of psychological disorders they don't necessarily choose. My opinion is the absence of appropriate mother, father relationships, but then I'm just kind of old fashioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I never had to make a conscious decision, it was made for me, in the womb. People have all kinds of psychological disorders they don't necessarily choose. My opinion is the absence of appropriate mother, father relationships, but then I'm just kind of old fashioned.
It was made for the gay and lesbians in the womb as well.

And some people cannot help the absence of a father or mother. My sister babysits a 3 year old girl. Her father died when she was 1. What do you think will happen to her?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Gay people must be insecure.
No kidding. When half the country says homosexuality is immoral, yeah, insecurity tends to be a result.

Quote:
Nobody in our small town has a flag flying proclaiming they are hetrosexual.
Well, of course not. It's assumed that people are heterosexual unless they're told otherwise.

And even if that weren't the case, why should it be the heterosexuals in your town who set the standards on whether or not someone is open about his or her sexual orientation? Just because they're in the majority doesn't mean that their way is the only right way of doing things.

Quote:
Yet 2 women fly that rainbow flag to proclaim to the world they are lesbians.
Good for them. I admire them for it. It's not easy to be part of a disfavored minority.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I never had to make a conscious decision, it was made for me, in the womb. People have all kinds of psychological disorders they don't necessarily choose.
At this point, it seems silly to continue calling it a psychological disorder when it was removed from the list of psychological disorders about 40 years ago.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No kidding. When half the country says homosexuality is immoral, yeah, insecurity tends to be a result.

Well, of course not. It's assumed that people are heterosexual unless they're told otherwise.

even in San Francisco ?

And even if that weren't the case, why should it be the heterosexuals in your town who set the standards on whether or not someone is open about his or her sexual orientation?

Good for them. I admire them for it. It's not easy to be part of a disfavored minority.
even in San Francisco ?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
You can see a straight parade at any strip club.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
just wondering. if someone was to organize a straight pride parade, would people consider it "hateful" or "homophobic?" how about if they held it at the same time there was a gay pride parade. thoughts.
There is nothing prideful about a sexual preference. Also, the whole concept of parading one's homosexuality or heterosexuality in these parades is shameful.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
How is this shameful? It looks cheerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxososLx3UA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
There is nothing prideful about a sexual preference. Also, the whole concept of parading one's homosexuality or heterosexuality in these parades is shameful.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
even in San Francisco ?
Who said anything about San Francisco? Besides, most people there are heterosexual (contrary to what some people believe).

Old 12-11-2009, 11:13 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Who said anything about San Francisco? Besides, most people there are heterosexual (contrary to what some people believe).
Sure didn't seem that way when I was there while in the Navy.

Doubt it has changed since.

Wasn't San Francisco where the AIDS epedemic first ran like widfire in the US ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies