U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would a straight pride parade be considered hateful?
yes 79 48.17%
no 85 51.83%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,863,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Every day is straight privilege/pride day. You can get married to the person you love, receive their pension, receive medical benefits from your spouse TAX FREE, make medical decisions for the person you love, etc.

I wouldn't consider a straight pride parade to be homophobic but it would be stupid.
Just as I suspected, Gay Tolerance is fueled by money. No, not family or love. Those are only the selling points. It's all about stinking money and benefits. Only in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 AM

8,998 posts, read 13,110,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I personally think all pride parades are gay, no pun intended. we're all born the way we are. why the parades?
To me pride is just a way to meet other gay people rather than going to a club. It's a way for people to see they're not alone. It's just a good time.

Pride has their own personal meaning for some people.
For some people it's a day they can be free and open about themselves without worrying people will hate them for being gay, say something rude, stare, or whatever.

CHRISTIANGAYS.COM: Gay Pride

^This particular article addresses things like rainbow bracelets, bumper stickers, and such but I still find it appropriate.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 AM

15,400 posts, read 19,581,128 times
March your heart out; I believe in diversity. However find a different day!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Just as I suspected, Gay Tolerance is fueled by money. Not family or love. Stinking money. Only in America.
Whaa?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
March your heart out; I believe in diversity. However find a different day!
A different day?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,211,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
To me pride is just a way to meet other gay people rather than going to a club. It's a way for people to see they're not alone. It's just a good time.

Pride has their own personal meaning for some people.
For some people it's a day they can be free and open about themselves without worrying people will hate them for being gay, say something rude, stare, or whatever.

CHRISTIANGAYS.COM: Gay Pride

^This particular article addresses things like rainbow bracelets, bumper stickers, and such but I still find it appropriate.
I totally understand it, but stuff like that really isn't my thing. it just f's up traffic. protests annoy me too. people have every right to do them though, as I am a HUGE advocate of free speech and expression.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:04 AM

914 posts, read 3,954,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Unless you are admitting people CHOOSE to be gay and it would influance them to not be gay.
Admitting what??? I'm straight!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 AM

3,983 posts, read 3,380,634 times
Quote:
just wondering. if someone was to organize a straight pride parade, would people consider it "hateful" or "homophobic?" how about if they held it at the same time there was a gay pride parade. thoughts.
Homophobic or hateful ... which is it?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I totally understand it, but stuff like that really isn't my thing. it just f's up traffic. protests annoy me too. people have every right to do them though, as I am a HUGE advocate of free speech and expression.
I understand.
The pride parade I am attending will be in a public park.
I personally know there are plenty of pride parades that tie up traffic.

I personally like protests better than parades but that's just me.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:09 AM

24,757 posts, read 33,982,568 times
Not hateful.

Just redundant and unnecessary.

Same with any similar activities connected to white pride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies