Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would a straight pride parade be considered hateful?
yes 79 48.17%
no 85 51.83%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 05:33 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,023 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the poster has been to a Gay Pride Parade. In them, there are straight groups marching in support of equal rights. Everyone from PFLAG, businesses to political officials and candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 06:21 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You have the exact same rights as every American , you just don't like those rights you want special ones to suit your perverted ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I didn't realize getting married was so special...I mean, everyone seems to be doing it. Perhaps they all should be required to study for a few months & then take an exam. You don't pass, you can't get married. What do you think? Oh & oral sex is perverted.....just saying.
Quote:
everyone in america has the same exact rights.
Your ability to put forth your ideas is astounding. Do you always counter someone's argument with exactly what you said the first time? I'm just curious as to where you're getting the idea that everyone in america has the same rights when an example of how that isn't true was given to you. Apparently, you don't have anything else to say to that though.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:25 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
just wondering. if someone was to organize a straight pride parade, would people consider it "hateful" or "homophobic?" how about if they held it at the same time there was a gay pride parade. thoughts.
It would be right up there with "white pride day". White heterosexuals don't get parades or days until they've been oppressed for a few decades.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
You have the exact same rights as every American , you just don't like those rights you want special ones to suit your perverted ways.
OK, let me type this real slow so you can understand. Where gay people have the right to marry, everyone has the "exact same rights". See, if you lived in Massachusetts for instance, and we'll assume you're heterosexual and not a self-hating closet case homosexual, you would have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex or someone of the same sex. Everyone has the SAME RIGHTS in Massachusetts! Now explain to me exactly why it is you wouldn't use your right to same sex marriage in this scenario and opt with opposite sex?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:31 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Quote:
everyone in america has the same exact rights.
If you were say a lutheran & the government & the majority group, say the catholics, told you that you couldn't be a lutheran, then that wouldn't exactly be a given right, would it? No it wouldn't, you would have to bow down & either practice it in private or turn against your religion in public because everyone else "said so". That's not an equal right, regardless of how you want to spin it.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Your ability to put forth your ideas is astounding. Do you always counter someone's argument with exactly what you said the first time? I'm just curious as to where you're getting the idea that everyone in america has the same rights when an example of how that isn't true was given to you. Apparently, you don't have anything else to say to that though.
As Americans you and I have exactly the same rights as provided by the constitution. We both have the right to marry some one of the opposite sex. I am not guaranteed anything different than you are. You may not want that right, but a different one, but that doesn't mean that you do not have the same right as I do it just means you want something different to suit your sexual preference . We can't go around making special rights for everyones special sexual preference. We all have the same exact rights!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
If you were say a lutheran & the government & the majority group, say the catholics, told you that you couldn't be a lutheran, then that wouldn't exactly be a given right, would it? No it wouldn't, you would have to bow down & either practice it in private or turn against your religion in public because everyone else "said so". That's not an equal right, regardless of how you want to spin it.
Our constitution guarantees us freedom of religion. Your analogy is.................weird.....

Old 12-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Our constitution guarantees us freedom of religion. Your analogy is.................weird.....
My religion says being gay is ok, and gay marriage is ok. Now what do we do? Start a holy war?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
My religion says being gay is ok, and gay marriage is ok. Now what do we do? Start a holy war?
Well fortunately we do not receive our individual rights in this country from your religion or mine they come from the constitution. I am happy that you have found a religion that suits your lifestyle though.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
If gays are legally allowed to get the benefits of hetero marriage in every state, and this eventually becomes a non-issue...are there still going to be gay-pride parades/days/events? B/c if gays can be so happy and full of pride that they are gay, then whites should be so happy they are white and hetero's should be so happy that they are hetero's and everyone should be able to be just as proud as the vocal/pride day/ parading/marching minority groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies