U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 AM

12,625 posts, read 18,110,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Remember guys it is all about Hope and Change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 AM

34,558 posts, read 33,535,384 times
I actually don't have an opinion on the firing because that's the only place I saw the information. My point is how come I'm not hearing about it not whether the firing was justified or not.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:07 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,381,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
That goes along with Obama's Justice Dept shutting down the case against the Black Panthers who were armed at voting polls and scaring people to vote for Obama. Is this America or is this Zimbabwe? Whats next?

I was thinking the same thing.

So would it be ok if the KKK would stand outside of the polling places with nightsticks? Same thing to me.

Obama is showing signs of major corruption issues.

Those armed idiots should have been arrested and jailed but no, free pass from the Obama team.

People had better wake up and fast.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:11 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,223,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I actually don't have an opinion on the firing because that's the only place I saw the information. My point is how come I'm not hearing about it not whether the firing was justified or not.
Are you talking about TV media ? Heck you know who owns those stations.
They give you the news THEY want you to know.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:27 PM

134 posts, read 133,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you talking about TV media ? Heck you know who owns those stations.
They give you the news THEY want you to know.
Power Line - The Walpin Story (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/06/023800.php - broken link)

Keedy

Old 06-14-2009, 01:34 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,096,281 times
What most here have failed to see in this case is that it was grant money that had been spent in such sad fashion. Do all of you know where most of the money ACORN gets to spend comes from? How about Public Allies? Both groups get nearly all their money from government grants. Now not all that money comes to them directly but groups that are aligned with ACORN have the same mailing address as ACORN does so ACORN launders all that money before they use it.

Public Allies? How many know about that bunch? It is a group that was originally begun by the community organizer we now know as Barack H. Obama. He got it going in Chicago about 1992 and when he left it to go into politics one Michelle Obama ran it for 3 years. Go to their web site and look around on it. You will find if you look a bit a map that shows where their biggest groups were located in 2008 at election time. That map looks so much like one that shows red states turned blue that it is unbelievable. Well Public Allies is very glad to tell us that they get most of their money from grant money. They have special grant writers in their employ and they are very good. Somehow Public Allies have run under the radar even up to now but some of us are trying to expose them.

Home - Public Allies

Old 06-14-2009, 01:36 PM

55,433 posts, read 74,307,391 times
bush would do the same. DC is not a nice place.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,437,853 times
I did not see this anywhere else
but nothing Obama does is a shock any more
I hope the folks that voted this hack in is really, really happy

Old 06-16-2009, 06:15 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,467,837 times
Key Obama Ally Says President Obama Did Not Follow the Law in IG Firing - Political Punch

Key Obama Ally Says President Obama Did Not Follow the Law in IG Firing

Quote:
“The White House has failed to follow the proper procedure in notifying Congress as to the removal of the Inspector General for the Corporation for National and Community Service,” McCaskill said. “The legislation which was passed last year requires that the president give a reason for the removal.”

McCaskill, a key Obama ally, said that the president’s stated reason for the termination, “Loss of confidence’ is not a sufficient reason.”

She added that she was “hopeful the White House will provide a more substantive rationale, in writing, as quickly as possible.”
I'm shocked! Obama didn't follow the law - how surprising.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM

16,933 posts, read 22,176,218 times
Chicago style politics...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies