U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,811 posts, read 4,347,972 times
Reputation: 915

Advertisements

September 2008, Saturday Night Live airs a skit in which reporters question if Todd Palin was having sex with his daughters.

Disgusting. Revolting. In poor taste.

October 2008, Sarah Palin appears in person on SNL spoofing herself.

Am I the only one who believes the Palin's outrage at Letterman's joke about A Rod impregnanting Bristol is an oxymoron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 6,072,337 times
Reputation: 1338
Is there a chance she had no idea about the SNL sketch?
Also Bristol wasnt with her in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,811 posts, read 4,347,972 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Is there a chance she had no idea about the SNL sketch?
Also Bristol wasnt with her in NYC.
How could she not know? Fox News reported it for gripes sake. It was all over the place at the time. The McCain/Palin campaign was collecting everything that was ever written and was being written about her when she first came on the scene. How could she miss that? I don't believe there's a chance in h e l l that she didn't know about the skit. I believe that where the Palin's are concerned ANY news is good news. Last September, she had handlers that correctly told her to ignore the issue. If she has any handlers now, they're not as smart as the campaign handlers she had last year.

Bristol was elsewhere but as has been pointed out, ad nauseam, the joke was about her. She has put herself in the limelight too many times to count. And most Americans only know about her. Luckily, until the neocons wrongly pointed to Willow as the brunt of the joke, Willow was out of the spot light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,914,101 times
Reputation: 1679
Default hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
How could she not know? Fox News reported it for gripes sake. It was all over the place at the time. The McCain/Palin campaign was collecting everything that was ever written and was being written about her when she first came on the scene. How could she miss that? I don't believe there's a chance in h e l l that she didn't know about the skit.



Quote:
Palin confuses Iraq with al Qaida
Source


Quote:
Palin confuses supporters with hecklers in Virginia

Source

Quote:
Palin Confuses Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and Government Role
Source

Quote:
Palin confused on Social Security, other issues
Source (http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/1160630,CST-NWS-sweet13web.article - broken link)



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,284,991 times
Reputation: 2880
Palin can do as she likes - and be skewered by it repeatedly and hell, even vicously.

Her children still don't deserve the treatment they have been given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,811 posts, read 4,347,972 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Palin can do as she likes - ....Her children still don't deserve the treatment they have been given.
Palin absolutely can do what she likes. Where she loses credibility is when she chooses to be outraged when Letterman made a crude joke about her 18 y/o daughter when previously she supported SNL by appearing on their show after they made a crude joke about her husband and daughters.

And, you are correct, in both cases, her daughters were treated badly. And, in both cases, Wailin' Blamin' Palin reacted in a way that she believes would best benefit her political aspirations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,284,991 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Palin absolutely can do what she likes. Where she loses credibility is when she chooses to be outraged when Letterman made a crude joke about her 18 y/o daughter when previously she supported SNL by appearing on their show after they made a crude joke about her husband and daughters.

And, you are correct, in both cases, her daughters were treated badly. And, in both cases, Wailin' Blamin' Palin reacted in a way that she believes would best benefit her political aspirations.
You have no argument from me regarding palin and the shortsighted choices she makes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,817,519 times
Reputation: 18992
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Palin can do as she likes - and be skewered by it repeatedly and hell, even vicously.

Her children still don't deserve the treatment they have been given.
I totally agree. At the same time I also think she's over-reacting big time. She's deliberately bringing attention to a dumb joke that would have been completely forgotten the next day if she hadn't gone into such a tizzy, so I'm starting to lose sympathy for her.

In fact I'm losing sympathy for her big time.

The funny thing is, I was turned off by the joke when I first heard the story. I was one of the people who thought Dave should apologize, because IMO jokes like this are in bad taste. But this level of histrionics is ridiculous, and the longer she carries on about this the more I want to see Letterman win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,811 posts, read 4,347,972 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
She's deliberately bringing attention to a dumb joke that would have been completely forgotten the next day if she hadn't gone into such a tizzy, ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM
 
2,549 posts, read 2,399,709 times
Reputation: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Regarding the attention this stuff gets...
She's deliberately bringing attention to a dumb joke that would have been completely forgotten the next day if she hadn't gone into such a tizzy, ....


Any press has the potential to be good press. SP knows that. How else would anyone be talking about this woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top