Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:11 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudynm View Post
Regulate tobacco and the industry, but, legalize marijauna? hey, sounds like the government wants to get us stoned, not dead.
How about the hypocrisy in that
Keep em stoned, stupid and voting Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 05:16 PM

156 posts, read 133,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
How about the hypocrisy in that
Keep em stoned, stupid and voting Democrat.
well, I'm a democrat, and I don't like it anymore than you or the next person does. I just offered up my opinion. Just because I am a democrat, that does not mean that I agree with everything congress or the president does. let's keep it straight, ok? I think some people think all democrats are stupid, and, that's not the case, ok?

Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Before people knew smoking was bad for them they died of lung cancer like flies. People smoked EVERYWHERE - just watch an old movie or old TV to see. They had to be told by the Surgeon General in the 70s, warnings printed on packs, etc. before the smoking-related death rate began to go down.
Before there was tobacco companies people died of lung cancer like flies, but don't let reality get in the way of a good rant. I know it has never stopped you before, so why should this be an exception?

Old 06-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
well, I'm a democrat, and I don't like it anymore than you or the next person does. I just offered up my opinion. Just because I am a democrat, that does not mean that I agree with everything congress or the president does. let's keep it straight, ok? I think some people think all democrats are stupid, and, that's not the case, ok?
I happen to be one of those people. If Democrats weren't all stupid, they wouldn't register as Democrats now would they?

Smart Democrat = Oxymoron

Old 06-12-2009, 05:24 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
I was unaware of your political afiliation, but I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I happen to be one of those people. If Democrats weren't all stupid, they wouldn't register as Democrats now would they?

Smart Democrat = Oxymoron
I won't say that I'm a smartie, however my sister & brother-in-law are two of the smartest people I know & they're very liberal. There are also smart conservatives as well, as my father & brother are in that group. I look up to all 4 of them & they're split fifty/fifty.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:29 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Before there was tobacco companies people died of lung cancer like flies, but don't let reality get in the way of a good rant. I know it has never stopped you before, so why should this be an exception?
Actually before people smoked Lung Cancer rates were extremely low. It was around 20 years after people took up the habit that Lung Cancer rates started to climb.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:32 PM

156 posts, read 133,773 times
Obviously a democrat sponsored bill, one senator of n. carolina voted nay. how they voted.
GovTrack: Senate Vote On Passage: H.R. 1256: Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act

Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
Actually before people smoked Lung Cancer rates were extremely low. It was around 20 years after people took up the habit that Lung Cancer rates started to climb.
You are mistaken. They just didn't call it cancer before there was tobacco, but they were still dieing left and right from lung cancer. Mostly coal, silver, and iron ore miners. To this day there still has not been any direct correlation between smoking tobacco and cancer of any kind. Merely statistical inference, nothing more.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:39 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
Well, it takes a very long time for lung cancer to start after smoking. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting lung cancer from my smoking...knock on wood!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies