U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 AM

26,529 posts, read 24,943,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
i will raise my children to have purpose in sociaty.
And they may turn out gay yet. Sorry to break the news to you, but their sexual orientation is out of your control. Some people have same-sex attractions. That's humanity for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 11:43 AM

184 posts, read 107,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
The use of proper sentence structure and punctuation is common sense too. You should consider giving it a try!
the moment you answer the purpose of gay marriage

Old 06-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
the moment you answer the purpose of gay marriage
No one should even attempt to explain it to you. Your mind is obviously closed.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No one should even attempt to explain it to you. Your mind is obviously closed.
explain it to other who's mind is open here they will listen.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
explain it to other who's mind is open here they will listen.
As Palin would say, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Old 06-13-2009, 11:54 AM

297 posts, read 308,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
It still amazes me to this day that people are stupid enough to believe that many homosexuals (especially men...) are child molesters.
I guess Anita Bryant still, unfortunately, has influence.

Molestation for the most part is not about sexual attraction, it's about power. When it's about attraction, it's an attraction to children, not the same sex.

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

I suggest checking out the Terminology section to gain further insight.

MyOutSpirit.com Gay Spirituality Blog: HOMOSEXUALITY AND PEDOPHILIA: The False link
I do understand and realize that, of course. I just re-read my post and realized that my response to the op was a bit knee-jerk. I forgot for a second that I was posting on CD where you can't leave even the slightest loophole for anti-gays or the uninformed to crawl through!

What I meant to say is that child molesters self-identify themselves as either "straight" or "gay".

Sorry! It was a late night last night with the Penguins winning the Stanley cup and all.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 AM

965 posts, read 862,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettblack View Post
That is totally wrong! God made man and women sexual beings. He made "parts" to fit. The anus was never made to have a penis.
This is totally wrong. I absolutely reject your premise that God made man for woman and that anything outside that is inherently wrong.

Men and women evolved over billions of years into sexual being. In humans, as well as almost every other animal species, homosexuality has been natural, normal, and practiced since the beginning. It isn't as obvious in humans due to the use of our rational minds and tool, but homosexuality, as a biological trait in a population, HELPS ensure the propagation of a species. Why don't you step out of your little God box for a minute, put on your scientist hat, and come up with a few hypotheses as to why this is.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
As Palin would say, "Thanks, but no thanks."
i am not republican i don't folow blindly i think for my self.i use purpose or common sense to evaluate if something should get a my vote or attencion,

Old 06-13-2009, 11:57 AM

965 posts, read 862,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettblack View Post
Do you think your parents relationship was normal?
Yes, and after 30+ years it still is.

There isn't just one normal thing and everything else is abnormal. There is a wide range of traits and characteristics that, not being statistically the most common, are still normal. Being left-handed is normal. There are hundreds of millions of left handed people. Being homosexual is normal. There are hundreds of millions of homosexual people.

For some reason you seem to want to equate your sense of morality to what is normal. I don't understand that, and I think it's dangerous. For thousands of years (and in some places currently) many people considered left-handed people wrong, strange, and even evil or immoral just because they were different and "not normal' (even though they were). The English word "left" comes from the Anglo-Saxon word lyft which means "broken". The Latin words for left is "sinister".

Whether something is normal, truly abnormal, the most common, somewhat common, rare, etc has no bearing on whether it's moral, immoral, amoral, right, or wrong. That's a judgment that should be left to the rational, logical, human mind.

Observation tells me homosexuality is natural and normal, and my ration process of evaluation tells me it's neither immoral or wrong.

Last edited by ramanboy33; 06-13-2009 at 12:26 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
This is totally wrong. I absolutely reject your premise that God made man for woman and that anything outside that is inherently wrong.

Men and women evolved over billions of years into sexual being. In humans, as well as almost every other animal species, homosexuality has been natural, normal, and practiced since the beginning. It isn't as obvious in humans due to the use of our rational minds and tool, but homosexuality, as a biological trait in a population, HELPS ensure the propagation of a species. Why don't you step out of your little God box for a minute, put on your scientist hat, and come up with a few hypotheses as to why this is.
so what you are saying is that gays just gort bored of natural and became rebels ad choose no to follow purpose and common sense and follow no purpose or common sense.so this is the purpose of gay sex do something that makes no purpose or commom sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or