U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 13,070,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
I do understand and realize that, of course. I just re-read my post and realized that my response to the op was a bit knee-jerk. I forgot for a second that I was posting on CD where you can't leave even the slightest loophole for anti-gays or the uninformed to crawl through!

What I meant to say is that child molesters self-identify themselves as either "straight" or "gay".

Sorry! It was a late night last night with the Penguins winning the Stanley cup and all.
I wasn't trying to point out your mistake [heck, even I missed it].
I was just trying to offer some resources for misguided people who think homosexual=pedophile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 PM

297 posts, read 308,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I wasn't trying to point out your mistake [heck, even I missed it].
I was just trying to offer some resources for misguided people who think homosexual=pedophile.
I'm glad you did!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:18 PM

965 posts, read 862,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettblack View Post
I don't think so. I love my son and not the kind of father that is afraid to show it. There are to many men who try to be macho and not show love and affection to their children. With a lack of that kind of acceptance, sons and daughters turn out the way they do.
Please, don't pretend to know what determines human sexuality.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
but like i wrote before constitution was wrote when there were only hetero marriage as common sense marriage,there were no gay marriage even considered because it had no purpose or common sense
Well, when the constitution was written is was common sense that black people were slaves and worth 3/5ths of a white person.

News Flash: Humans progress

Old 06-13-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
so what you are saying is that gays just gort bored of natural and became rebels ad choose no to follow purpose and common sense and follow no purpose or common sense.so this is the purpose of gay sex do something that makes no purpose or commom sense
No, that's not what I'm saying.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:30 PM

184 posts, read 107,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Well, when the constitution was written is was common sense that black people were slaves and worth 3/5ths of a white person.

News Flash: Humans progress
but what do blacks has to do with gay marriage.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
but what do blacks has to do with gay marriage.
Nothing.
Again, you miss the point entirely.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
No, that's not what I'm saying.
than what is the purpose of gay marriage

Old 06-13-2009, 12:42 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,260,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV
I'm sure that by "procrastinate" you mean "procreate" but you are still wrong. Several of my nieces and nephews procreated before they were married. Two of my brothers and one of my sons are married to women with whom they never had plans to procreate. Point being that neither procreation nor marriage is dependent upon the other.
Quote:
but we are talkinfg about marriage.hetero marriage has purpose so it is common sense while gay marriage has no purpose so it can not be common sense.
And your claim is that the 'purpose' for marriage is procreation, while I just showed you that there is no such purpose. The only purpose I have found for marriage is that two people have decided to live the rest of their lives together, caring for and about each other, with or without the intent or even the possibility of children. And marriage gives them legal recognition of that intent. And legal protection for and from each other should they later decide to part.
Quote:
but do you think people marry each other the momoent they see each other or do they date first and then marry.
Some do marry within a very short time of meeting. I'd known my husband about six weeks on our wedding day. And some are together for years without ever marrying. A cousin of mine lived with her second husband about twenty years before they wed a month before he died. What's your point?
Quote:
so maybe you can tell me purpose of gay sex what is is,what does it acomplish and and how does it help sociaety.
Well, what about all the STDs some people go on and on about gays spreading? Did you never stop to think that by encouraging same sex marriage we discourage the promiscuity that leads to the spread of STDs?
Quote:
and one more thing why is majority always has to agree with minority,why can't minority agree with mijority for once.
No idea what you're trying to say here. Lots of minority groups agree with majorities. Lots of majority groups agree with minority positions. No one is saying you have to agree with anything. What we ARE saying is that you really should know what you're talking about before you try to make declarations about other people's lives.
Quote:
diversity is a word that has no meaning what is it.

Diversity simply means inclusion of all people.

Quote:
so by tyour definition of diversity we should accept everything tha has no purpose or common sense
When talking about diversity in a social or legal setting, no one is saying you have to accept anything. All that's being asked of you is that you not exclude them from the table of legal rights and responsibilities just because you might find them personally distasteful.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:50 PM

When talking about diversity in a social or legal setting, no one is saying you have to accept anything. All that's being asked of you is that you not exclude them from the table of legal rights and responsibilities just because you might find them personally distasteful.
but you ar you are telling my to accept gay marriage without knowing it purpose in sociaty.you are tellig me that i should vote to accept gay marriage in my state.so how does that not mean that you are teeling me to accept gay marriage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or