Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 PM

184 posts, read 132,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
What "view" are you talking about?

I totally respect your view that there is nothing wrong with a heterosexual relationship and that you should be entitled to a have a heterosexual marriage.

If your view is that being gay is inherently sinful, gross, and icky and therefore our secular government shouldn't extend equal rights to me because doing so would somehow be dangerous and destructive to the nation, then HELL NO I'M NOT GOING TO RESPECT YOUR VIEW.

If my "view" were that white, christian, heterosexuals were inherently sinful, gross, ickly, dangerous, and harmful to society and therefore they should be denied equal protection under the law, would you respect my "view"?

I'm sorry, but I don't respect fear, hate, and ignorance.
i am talking about californians who choose that gay marriage in their state is not acceptable.so why don;t you respect their choice and move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 PM

968 posts, read 1,039,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The way the other poster said it may have sounded silly but that's usually what I see too. The female couples often have one that dresses in men's clothing and the male couples often have one that is over the top dramatic (think D. Wayans on In Living Color). I think a lot of that has to do with age though because I've seen older couples where both are dressed "normally" and by normal I mean it's not "HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M HOMOSEXUAL!" I think a lot of younger people either are trying to conform to how they think they're supposed to look or going for shock value.
Many gay relationships have a manly-man, and a little *****-boy, sure. Many though, have two masculine guys or two feminine guys. Many lesbian relationships have a butch-dyke and a little prissy girls. Many thought, have two feminine girls or two masculine girls.

Many straight relationships have a have a dominant guy and a woman who "needs" a man to take care of her. In many straight relationships the woman "wears the pants" and dominates the relationship.

The other poster said that in all gay relationships one guy is the man, and the other guy is that woman. That's just plain absurd and juvenile.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
i am talking about californians who choose that gay marriage in their state is not acceptable.so why don;t you respect their choice and move on
Can I be any more clear? I don't respect or accept discrimination based on fear, hate, and ignorance.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Can I be any more clear? I don't respect or accept discrimination based on fear, hate, and ignorance.
so you are ignorant to so shut up about discrimination

Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
If (insert your state's residents) voted to ban heterosexual marriages and only recognized homosexual marriages would you respect it and move on?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
If (insert your state's residents) voted to ban heterosexual marriages and only recognized homosexual marriages would you respect it and move on?
but heterosexual marriage is common sense marriage.it serve its purpose to procrastinate.while gay marriage has no purpose or common sense

Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
but heterosexual marriage is common sense marriage.it serve its purpose to procrastinate.while gay marriage has no purpose or common sense
So? How does that apply to equal treatment under the law?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
So? How does that apply to equal treatment under the law?
why don't you tell me the purpose of gay marriage and then i will tell you if gay marriage should be equal to hetero marriage

Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
And also, why can't you answer my questions directly? Changing the subject slightly every time you reply to a question doesn't do much to enhance your arguments.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
And also, why can't you answer my questions directly? Changing the subject slightly every time you reply to a question doesn't do much to enhance your arguments.
hahaha so you can not tell me the purpose of gay marriage.so i gues it serves no purpose .so if it seves no purpose or common sence then it is not equal to hetero marriage which has a purpose and common sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies